Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 26th Mar 15, 12:00 PM
    • 57Posts
    • 47Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    0 WOW
    Giordano wine
    • 26th Mar 15, 12:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Giordano wine 26th Mar 15 at 12:00 PM
    Hey forumites

We've spotted a deal at Giordano that gets you 12 bottles of wine, a 12-piece porcelain dinner set, and 6 Italian 'food delicacies', all for £60. Check out the deal - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-wine-deals/#giordano

We'd love to know if you have any feedback:

- Did you like it?
    - Have you used it?
    - Did you have any issues?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Sarah
    Last edited by MSE Sarah; 26-03-2015 at 12:31 PM.
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
Page 1
    • so very confused
    • By so very confused 28th Mar 15, 11:13 PM
    • 920 Posts
    • 2,906 Thanks
    so very confused
    • 28th Mar 15, 11:13 PM
    • 28th Mar 15, 11:13 PM
    I bought two of these for my brothers last year they were absolutely delighted and the service was brilliant.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • ptgough
    • 11th Apr 15, 8:38 PM
    • 11th Apr 15, 8:38 PM
    Sounds a great deal but their system won't allow you to choose a payment method. I tried on my iPhone and iPad a dozen times last week to no avail. Went to lisbon for a week and just tried again - still not functioning. That was the last chance for me - if the systems don't function I wonder about their ability to deliver what is offered. Sorry
    • Rocky27
    • By Rocky27 14th Apr 15, 3:33 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 794 Thanks
    Rocky27
    • 14th Apr 15, 3:33 PM
    • 14th Apr 15, 3:33 PM
    Mixed reviews online, but seems a good deal..
    • elona
    • By elona 14th Apr 15, 4:03 PM
    • 10,796 Posts
    • 55,488 Thanks
    elona
    • 14th Apr 15, 4:03 PM
    • 14th Apr 15, 4:03 PM
    I ordered a few times.

Service was good, wine was very nice and the free food was tasty.

Porcelain set is used on special occasions as it matches with other set I have.

Overall very pleased and it is a good deal.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 14th Apr 15, 7:17 PM
    • 28,719 Posts
    • 18,137 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 14th Apr 15, 7:17 PM
    • 14th Apr 15, 7:17 PM
    Sounds a great deal but their system won't allow you to choose a payment method. I tried on my iPhone and iPad a dozen times last week to no avail. Went to lisbon for a week and just tried again - still not functioning. That was the last chance for me - if the systems don't function I wonder about their ability to deliver what is offered. Sorry
    Originally posted by ptgough
    Maybe the 2 devices you tried aren't compatible with the site.
    Je Suis Charlie
  • Party_Animal
    • 14th Apr 15, 8:01 PM
    • 14th Apr 15, 8:01 PM
    We ordered this. No problems. The wine's very nice and the plates etc too.
    • needaholiday
    • By needaholiday 15th Apr 15, 10:49 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    needaholiday
    • 15th Apr 15, 10:49 PM
    • 15th Apr 15, 10:49 PM
    I ordered on 26/3/15. I was starting to panic as no sign of my wine but it turned up today. Phew! I have yet to try it but am trying to wait until the weekend!
  • dpmellon
    • 17th Apr 15, 10:55 AM
    Poor customer service
    • 17th Apr 15, 10:55 AM
    So far my experience has been bad!

We ordered our wine over two weeks ago, with no email to confirm and the money being taken. So I called up after two weeks to chase.

The agent I spoke to apologized for no email, gave me a customer number and confirmed a delivery date.

Come the delivery date, I waited in all day; no sign of delivery.

I called back two days later, to chase again, and spoke to possibly the rudest person on the phone ever. I was asking about the delivery, and she was speaking over me, raising her voice, and kept breaking conversation to speak in Italian to a collegue.

I asked to speak to a manager, who was a lot more helpful. He apologized for the mix up with the delivery date (which is now the following week?) and said he would speak to his collegue who was rude.

In review, this deal is good, and the wine is hopefully nice (Ill let you know how it turns out!) but the customer service has been terrible!

Also to add to it, the delivery is being made by Yodel - god help me!
  • Yodel representative
    So far my experience has been bad!

We ordered our wine over two weeks ago, with no email to confirm and the money being taken. So I called up after two weeks to chase.

The agent I spoke to apologized for no email, gave me a customer number and confirmed a delivery date.

Come the delivery date, I waited in all day; no sign of delivery.

I called back two days later, to chase again, and spoke to possibly the rudest person on the phone ever. I was asking about the delivery, and she was speaking over me, raising her voice, and kept breaking conversation to speak in Italian to a collegue.

I asked to speak to a manager, who was a lot more helpful. He apologized for the mix up with the delivery date (which is now the following week?) and said he would speak to his collegue who was rude.

In review, this deal is good, and the wine is hopefully nice (Ill let you know how it turns out!) but the customer service has been terrible!

Also to add to it, the delivery is being made by Yodel - god help me!
    Originally posted by dpmellon
    Hi, if you email social.media@sm.myyodel.co.uk with your full address and contact number, we will be more than happy to keep you updated on your delivery!
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Yodel. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • kwmlondon
    The wine was pretty mediocre, but taking the cost into account it was okay. From what I remember about the hamper it was about £5's worth from Lidl or Aldi so decent, but not special. The plates were fine, I'm stilli using mine about 6 years later!
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 17th Apr 15, 2:39 PM
    • 2,479 Posts
    • 3,519 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    Am I missing something here? It's coming up as £69.60 on the site...

http://www.giordanowines.co.uk/hampers/customer_special_selection/p_90535/
    • Anja
    • By Anja 17th Apr 15, 10:11 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Anja
    Price on site is not MSE!

Originally posted by Feral Moon
    MSE say offer is £59.99 but on the site it is £69.99! Are we missing a voucher code or something to use at checkout?

Remember to use TopCashBack too at 10.5% for an even bigger discount!
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 18th Apr 15, 5:21 AM
    • 11,927 Posts
    • 38,630 Thanks
    sarah1972

If you hit the MSE Affiliate link in the OP its still £59.95, I have just tried it now.https://www.giordanowines.co.uk/landing/WP/UK90534E2/?countRedir=1&utm_source=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moneysav ingexpert.com%2F&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign =AWIN&awc=5716_1429331018_05de4923d9b264ed19e29191 48b1a3e0

Last edited by sarah1972; 18-04-2015 at 5:24 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Anja
    • By Anja 18th Apr 15, 9:53 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Anja
    Click on the heading not the link to Giordano! "12 bottles of wine & 12-piece dinner set £60 del*
    Via Giordano Wines. Plus 6 Italian 'delicacies', incl risotto & pesto
    Ends 31 Dec"
    That gets you the 59.99 option.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 18th Apr 15, 1:30 PM
    • 2,479 Posts
    • 3,519 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    And how much does MSE make out of it?
    • Anja
    • By Anja 18th Apr 15, 3:13 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Anja
    I'm worried that I won't get the plates etc as my invoice only states Italian Red wines! Can you remember what notification you got?
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 18th Apr 15, 9:07 PM
    • 11,927 Posts
    • 38,630 Thanks
    sarah1972
    And how much does MSE make out of it?
    Who cares? If you are happy to pay £59.95 instead of the regular price then its a win win situation?
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Anja
    • By Anja 6th May 15, 6:40 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Anja
    Its arrived!
    I'm worried that I won't get the plates etc as my invoice only states Italian Red wines! Can you remember what notification you got?
    Originally posted by Anja
    It all, despite my worries, arrived today and looks wonderful, don't know what it tastes like yet though!

I had a slight problem with my address on their website but emailed them and it was sorted out.

Will probably do it again
  • Chea
    Ordered one of theses last month (April) and was a bit worried at first as it showed in order only as case Italian red table wine. Chatted to customer services and was assured it was correct and included wine and tableware and goodies. It arrived in about 3 weeks and it was worth the wait. Two of each wine so you don't feel you have drunk your favourite as you can have it again. The tableware is plain an d simple with a modern feel, a little small perhaps but usable and the goodies add a nice touch of some quality products. Would definitely buy again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,289Posts Today

3,934Users online

Martin's Twitter