Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 23rd Mar 15, 5:13 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 35Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal
    • 23rd Mar 15, 5:13 PM
    BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal 23rd Mar 15 at 5:13 PM
    Hi everyone,

We’ve had a number of users get in touch to advise they have not received the £30.00 cashback that was offered as part of this BT Fibre Broadband, Line Rental & TV deal, featured in our weekly email dated 11 February: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/11-02-2015/.

There’s been some confusion over when the cashback will be received. To clarify, as per the original write-up, this should happen within 30 days of installation, not of the order date.

We‘ve been in touch with BT who have let us know that if you have any further queries surrounding this issue, please email them directly on affiliates@bt.com for further information.
Page 11
    • frankface
    • By frankface 13th Sep 17, 8:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    frankface
    Hi,
    I took out the same deal as MrMaloney and Acast (although it was a £50 M&S voucher and not cashback). I received a £25 M&S voucher several days ago. Still no sign of the £100 prepaid MasterCard. Is there literally any recourse for this blatant mis-selling?!

Acast - what avenue did you start your dispute with BT? Thanks in advance.
    • DiscountofMonteCristo
    • By DiscountofMonteCristo 19th Sep 17, 3:09 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    DiscountofMonteCristo
    At the end of August I signed up with BT for this deal: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/23-08-2017/#bband It promises a £150 BT Reward Card.

After claiming the reward, I was sent a notification email that said a £125 reward card would be on its way.

I used the contact form in the rewards section of the BT website to ask why/how come the £150 was reduced to £125. I got this reply:

"We have checked your BT Reward card claim and can confirm that you’re eligible to receive one.
    I have therefore arranged for a £125 Prepaid Master card to be sent to your installation address
    to arrive within the next 30-45 working days."

This clearly does not address my query.

I have written to the MSE Voucher Support email address. Besides posting here is there any other thread already opened for this particular deal?
    • Hurley
    • By Hurley 24th Sep 17, 4:22 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 414 Thanks
    Hurley
    Hello all.

I just signed up to BT Broadband/calls and they currently have the £120 reward card offer running (expires on the 28th Sept).

My service is not activated until the 18th October.

Does anyone know how I go about claiming it? There does not appear to be any mention of it the order confirmation emails I've received, it's just on the website. I assume this is normal?

As you can't claim until your broadband is activated I'm a little concerned that I have no written confirmation of it being part of my deal.

Thanks.
    • sues1
    • By sues1 25th Sep 17, 12:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    sues1
    Hi - I'd take a screen grab/picture of the offer and its terms and conditions, including all relevant dates, just in case.
    • Hurley
    • By Hurley 25th Sep 17, 12:38 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 414 Thanks
    Hurley
    Hi - I'd take a screen grab/picture of the offer and its terms and conditions, including all relevant dates, just in case.
    Originally posted by sues1
    Yeah I've done this, the dates are listed for the offer in the Ts&Cs, so hopefully that will be enough.
    • TonyofYorks
    • By TonyofYorks 4th Oct 17, 11:24 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    TonyofYorks
    I used the MSE link to sign up with BT in March, went live in April so phoned to claim the £50 M & S voucher, and £150 pre-loaded Mastercard. The latter arrived, the M & S voucher didn't. I have since phoned on a monthly basis to chase it, and although been told many times I am entitled to it and will receive it, it's not arrived. The lessons I have learned may be useful to someone -
    They say I claimed the £150 but not the £50 back in April (How likely is that?) So when you phone to claim, check they have ticked both boxes
    They say the vouchers will take 30 to 45 days - they hide behind this in the hope you will forget. Put a note to ring on your calendar.
    The customer services complaints is based overseas or in UK. The latter are easier to understand, and certainly names are easier to remember if they are UK ones. As you may need to write down all the details later, ask them to email you with what they are doing, so you have a name and a date.
    MAKE SURE YOU WRITE ONE LETTER OF COMPLAINT TO BT. I did, to the Director of Customer Services in Durham. It was ignored. However, by me writing that, and receiving no response, BT have breached their rules.
    So after contacting Citizens Advice, they gave me the contact details for the Communications Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is now taking up my case with BT. No guarantees with this, but at least there is now a strict timetable - BT have 10 days to come up with the goods. If they don't, the actions I have taken so far allow me to take them to the small claims court, which I will do if nothing happens.
    My main point is that the more people who contact the Ombudsman, (after going through the steps) the better - BT act in a shoddy manner and it needs people to stand up to them.
    • Zentex
    • By Zentex 3rd Nov 17, 5:00 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Zentex
    BT cashback FIASCO
    I am still waiting for the £50 cashback promised when I joined BT BROADBAND in Feb 17
    I was also given a reward card £50 SHORT of the advertised amount !
    I have been using up all my patience trying to get these back EVER SINCE

PLEASE BT STOP THESE STUPID CASHBACK DEALS AND JUST GIVE DISCOUNTED MONTHLY BILLS TO SAVE EVERY BODY A WHOLE LOT OF STRESS - IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE

I also had to write to MSE 4 times to get a response to get a revised link to apply for the cashback

its been a complete an utter farce !
    • Zentex
    • By Zentex 3rd Nov 17, 5:09 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Zentex
    Touche :)
    thanks for the nod towards the ombudsman
    I am so stressed by this cashback nightmare i'll draft a formal complaint myself (see following post)

i am having to deal the the energy ombudsman for being billed over 2 years after I left an energy supplier (extra energy) which is illegal so I am chasing compensation for the baliffs' harassment.

Avro Energy also held on to my surplus credit after leaving for more than 12 months
    they gave me 10 % compensation after I mentioned the word ombudsman in that case !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,563Posts Today

7,491Users online

Martin's Twitter