Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 23rd Mar 15, 5:13 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 34Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal
    • 23rd Mar 15, 5:13 PM
    BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal 23rd Mar 15 at 5:13 PM
    Hi everyone,

We’ve had a number of users get in touch to advise they have not received the £30.00 cashback that was offered as part of this BT Fibre Broadband, Line Rental & TV deal, featured in our weekly email dated 11 February: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/11-02-2015/.

There’s been some confusion over when the cashback will be received. To clarify, as per the original write-up, this should happen within 30 days of installation, not of the order date.

We‘ve been in touch with BT who have let us know that if you have any further queries surrounding this issue, please email them directly on affiliates@bt.com for further information.
Page 10
    • dreamypuma
    • By dreamypuma 31st May 17, 8:17 PM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    dreamypuma
    I received a text message and email on 5th May advising that my Rewards Mastercard would be with me within 30 days. The clock ticking and still no sign of it yet.

So has anyone who signed up to a BT Broadband contract in April, actually got their Mastercard reward card yet?
    My farts hospitalize small children
    • OnlyAlan
    • By OnlyAlan 1st Jun 17, 10:05 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    OnlyAlan
    At last, some progress
    Further to my previous posts regarding my broadband connection speed of 0.7 Mbps I decided to escalate my complaint.

Two days ago I emailed my complaint to Gavin Patterson, CEO of BT. Within 2 hours I had a reply and the promise of a call today. I was called this morning and within a couple of minutes I had been promised an upgrade to unlimited fibre for an extra £5 per month. No connection fee, no modem postage, just an extra £5 a month. So my deal is now unlimited fibre for £29.49 a month (inc line rental).

This deal is for 18 months. Considering I got £150 cashback on my original order I have ended up with an acceptable deal (assuming it is connected next week).

If you have exhausted every other option I suggest you email Gavin Patterson - gavin.e.patterson@bt.com.
    Money may not buy happiness .. but it lets you be miserable in comfort.
    • The Dude Abides
    • By The Dude Abides 3rd Jun 17, 8:45 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    The Dude Abides
    Appaling Service
    I too, as it seems are many others, am having so much trouble concerning the £50 cashback. I clicked through all the links, service went active, claimed the reward card no problem, but I am getting refused on the cashback due to the reference number I was sent starting with BTC and not AJM.

For anyone else, you can still use the claim form if you put the letters "AJM" before your "BTC" number. The claim form then accepts it as valid. So don't be put off and don't miss your claim date window.

As of today ( 03/06/17 ), I am currently in a very terse email exchange with BT customer services regarding this issue and am waiting another response. They have an obligation to fulfil their promotions and I intend to pursue and escalate to the Financial Ombudsman if required.
    • peakoilisnow
    • By peakoilisnow 21st Jun 17, 11:22 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    peakoilisnow
    Getting confused about deal
    I reckon I signed up for broadband (already have BT landline) via MSE link, so should get cashback on preloaded Mastercard - I thought it was £50 not £30.

I find I have two bt.com accounts (as I set one up years ago and hardly used it).

The new one seems to want me to sign up to BT Sport which I have no interest in...and it's going to be charged at £5 per month according to MSE users.

Has anyone got any thoughts/advice please. I want the £50 but I don't want BT sport.
    • peakoilisnow
    • By peakoilisnow 21st Jun 17, 11:29 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    peakoilisnow
    Oh wait!
    I've now checked the original email. It's £50 cashback and £150 on a prepaid mastercard, on two separate MSE links which I have put below:

MSE Email 7.6.17 : "CLAIM £50 cashback and a £150 prepaid Mastercard after activation. Annoyingly BT won't remind you, so diarise to do it via these cashback and Mastercard claim links. You've up to three months after activation to claim - they come separately and may take 45 days. Warning: some people have had issues claiming the cashback on past deals. We've asked BT to fix this, and are monitoring its response. "

Links:

http://emailclick.moneysavingexpert.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTImbXNpZD0xJmF1aWQ9MzA1 Mzk3MyZtYWlsaW5naWQ9NDgzNyZtZXNzYWdlaWQ9NDU4JmRhdG FiYXNlaWQ9MTQxJnNlcmlhbD0zMzU2NTY2NyZlbWFpbGlkPWp1 bGlhbmpAdG90YWxpc2UuY28udWsmdXNlcmlkPTJfNzY0NjYmdG FyZ2V0aWQ9Jm1uPTYzNzE3MSZmbD0mbXZpZD0mZXh0cmE9JiYm &&&2159&&&https://www.broadbandbenefits.co.uk/cashback/

http://emailclick.moneysavingexpert.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTImbXNpZD0xJmF1aWQ9MzA1 Mzk3MyZtYWlsaW5naWQ9NDgzNyZtZXNzYWdlaWQ9NDU4JmRhdG FiYXNlaWQ9MTQxJnNlcmlhbD0zMzU2NTY2NyZlbWFpbGlkPWp1 bGlhbmpAdG90YWxpc2UuY28udWsmdXNlcmlkPTJfNzY0NjYmdG FyZ2V0aWQ9Jm1uPTYzNzE3MSZmbD0mbXZpZD0mZXh0cmE9JiYm &&&2160&&&https://www.bt.com/claimmyreward
    • not_so_sure
    • By not_so_sure 28th Jun 17, 5:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    not_so_sure
    BT reward
    when is bt re-introducing the £200 reward ?? as my bb is coming to an end in Oct
    • r0adrunner
    • By r0adrunner 4th Jul 17, 10:40 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    r0adrunner
    Renewing BT bundle
    My BT broadband (not fibre), line rental and BT Sport has expired so I am paying a significantly higher amount at the moment.

BT quoted me a renewed 12-month contract of £30.99/month for fibre broadband (it was cheaper than normal broadband) plus £5/month for BT Sport (free for the first 3 months).

This quote is significantly more than new customers pay but I wondered whether this is the best deal I could hope for.

The reason I want to stay with BT is for Champions League and Europa League football.

Thanks.
    • r0adrunner
    • By r0adrunner 6th Jul 17, 9:42 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    r0adrunner
    In order to be treated as a new BT Broadband customer, how long must you have not been a BT customer for if you previously had BT Broadband?

Thanks.
    • adonis10
    • By adonis10 7th Jul 17, 2:47 PM
    • 1,418 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    adonis10
    Does anyone know if there is a stipulation that such deals can only be taken advantage of once per household? For example, person A takes out BT broadband through quidco and cancels after the 12 month contract, at which point their partner takes out a new contract through quidco/TopCashback - is there a chance the cashback could be rejected as it is the same propert? Technically, however, it is a new customer so surely new customer deals should apply
    • gw11
    • By gw11 13th Jul 17, 9:34 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gw11
    BT Cashback Difficulty
    I recently signed up to a BT Infinity deal linked from the MSE site including £150 prepaid MasterCard and £50 cash back.
    The change to BT phone, broadband and TV was no problem. I was then able to claim the £150 Mastercard. But their form for claiming the cashback rejected my order number.
    I first took this up through BT’s online ‘chat’ service, who gave me an alternative order number, which also failed, the assistant phoned me and transferred the call to their ‘ Cashback Team’. It was then that I came across the same response as others on this thread, after making a few checks, the answer was that I should up take the cashback offer with Money Saving Expert, because cashback is dealt with by third parties, she added that the enquiries are usually about Quidco or Top Cashback and she had not heard of MSE.
    I then made a complaint to BT via email and received a phone call after a couple of days, my details were taken and they said they would forward this to the third company that deals with the cashback. I had a call back a few days later as promised, when it was confirmed that I was eligible and would get a cheque in 15 to 20 days.
    Although I haven’t received anything yet, everyone involved was friendly and helpful and the problem seems to be solved. But it really shouldn’t be this difficult.
    • Aletank
    • By Aletank 14th Jul 17, 8:19 AM
    • 507 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    Aletank
    I signed up for BT Fibre/Landline which was installed on 7th June 2017.
    My £80 Quidco has just been refused
    Unfortunately, the retailer has declined your claim, advising us that the cashback has been paid to another referrer. To explain, cashback is actually a commission that Quidco receives for referring an online sale to a retailer. Unlike search engines and comparison sites, we pass this on to our members instead of keeping it for ourselves.

We know how disappointing it can be when cashback is declined for this reason, and we're happy to tell you that you can prevent it from happening with future purchases by using the guidelines below:
    Also I'm still waiting for my £120 BT Reward Card which BT are investing it's where abouts ! I have been chasing this up since 30 days of claiming and BT's latest response is they are still lokkng into it and should be with me in another further 30-45 days !
    I will need to send a request for further investigation before we’re able to send a replacement Reward card.

Based on the information provided to me I can see your card will certainly be delivered within the next 30-45 days with that being the absolute maximum lead time i.e. we aim for delivery well within that timeframe,however we will contact you again at the very earliest opportunity with the outcome.

Thank you for your patience while we investigate this for you.
    • mouse10
    • By mouse10 14th Jul 17, 9:55 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mouse10
    I finally got my £50 cash back cheque from BT today. Broadband went live 3/5/17, cheque was dated 3/7/17.
    Charles J
    • Mutton Geoff
    • By Mutton Geoff 19th Jul 17, 12:57 PM
    • 866 Posts
    • 912 Thanks
    Mutton Geoff
    Just had a frustrating hour on the online chat and phone with BT. I'm trying to get a new BT phone/broadband connected up in an 18 month old flat that has fibre to the premises.

Using this excellent MSE site to shop around, only BT and Virgin can supply the connection since it's fibre all the way into the flat. None of the others can touch it.

I went through the BT process via Quidco (promised £80 cashback) and then the BT website shows an £80 Mastercard offer. Also looked to squeeze more pennies by getting BTs Line Saver offer (which is not well publicised but is pay for 11, get 12 months line rental). BT said complete the application online then call us to change to Line Saver since they haven't put the option into their current pages.

Get all the way through to buying, enter postcode and address and the website reports "unable to proceed, please call us". Spoke to BT sales who say because it's fibre to the premises, I can't have the line saver, nor the Quidco, nor the Mastercard. No other option for supplier (other than Virgin who I despise), so the "fibre to premises" will cost me £178.99 more than it need to.

The guy on the phone at BT shrugs his shoulders, says nothing he can do. I hate monopolies. It's like dealing the the Post Office for your phone in the 1960s.
    Compensations/Refunds from Banks & Institutions - £4,165 | Stooz Profits - £7,636 | Quidco - £3,963

All with a big thank you to Martin and MSE.com from Mutton Geoff!
    • Aletank
    • By Aletank 20th Jul 17, 1:38 PM
    • 507 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    Aletank
    Card arrived this morning, £125
    Quidco Cashback £80 Refused !
    • Mutton Geoff
    • By Mutton Geoff 21st Jul 17, 10:18 AM
    • 866 Posts
    • 912 Thanks
    Mutton Geoff
    I see from this morning, BT have upped the MasterCard to £150 for Infinity 1 connections and Quidco cashback is now £100 with an affiliate click through rate of £29.99 a month for line/broadband.

BT will offer Line Rental Saver if you call them after purchasing (pay 11 months up front, get 12 months).

If the cashback is honoured & you pay upfront for line rental, the first year cost comes to just £125.88 for Infinity 1 (equiv to £10.49 a month inc line rental).

If you went straight to BT.com, the cost would be £285.88 inc the MasterCard offer and Line Rental Saver, equiv to £23.82 a month, £160 more.

Fingers crossed Quidco will pay.
    Compensations/Refunds from Banks & Institutions - £4,165 | Stooz Profits - £7,636 | Quidco - £3,963

All with a big thank you to Martin and MSE.com from Mutton Geoff!
    • Aletank
    • By Aletank 21st Jul 17, 8:44 PM
    • 507 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    Aletank
    I've stopped using Quidco now because of this getting refused, started using Top Cash Back.
    • jimmur
    • By jimmur 25th Jul 17, 1:03 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jimmur
    I have also been having difficulties getting cashbacks and rewards from BT, for landline, broadband and mobile contracts taken out in mid-March. I wish I had a screenprint of MSE's webpage from then as BT keep changing what they say I was entitled to (only a fraction of which has been paid to dated - despite everything being done as instructed).
    • jimmur
    • By jimmur 25th Jul 17, 1:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jimmur
    Could MSE please let me know what BT was offering as cashbacks and rewards in mid-March for landline phone, broadband, and mobile phone contracts?

BT has so far only sent one £20 Amazon card (for one of the mobiles - bizarrely they are claiming the other one doesn't qualify).
    • Acast
    • By Acast 6th Aug 17, 5:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Acast
    Hi, this is my first post, I am currently in a dispute with BT over cash back rewards.

I wanted to ask if anyone recalls an MSE listing for basic BT landline & broadband around about February this year, which offered £100 prepaid MasterCard & £50 cash back, the reason I ask is BT are disputing my eligibility & have asked me to provide proof of the offer, if only I'd known in advance I would have screen captured the deal or at least avoided BT altogether, any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.
    • MrMaloney
    • By MrMaloney 13th Sep 17, 4:11 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    MrMaloney
    BT changing terms of contract i.e. increasing the price
    I took out a "black Friday" deal with BT which was advertised as a special deal negotiated by MSE and I followed the link from the MSE deal promotion. It was a nightmare getting the prepaid cards and cashback, but was sorted in the end. A £50 M&S voucher which was part of the deal ended up as a £50 credit to my account, which was probably better, but took so long and lots of calls to sort out. I paid my line rental 12 months in advance to get a line saver discount. The Broadband was discounted to £9/month for 12 months. They got the pricing wrong the first month - it was January before they got the phone and broadband changed to BT. They sorted out the pricing for that 1st month and subsequent bills. Then in April, they increased the broadband to £11.50. Must admit I didn't notice until August that this had happened. When I complained they said I was sent an email which said I could cancel my contract if I wasn't happy with the deal. But that would result in having to find something more expensive no doubt and I would lose my line saver benefit that I'd paid for up-front. When I have challenged this, stating that I had a contract at £9, they say - sounds like from a script "The T&Cs in the original contract said that the contract could be varied, it was varied, so tough" he went on to say that that's how it was and nothing he could do.

My feeling is that if this went to court a judge would say, something like, you may have a statement in your T&Cs saying you can change the T&Cs, but this is improper trading, or something like that. Am I missing something or are BT clearly abusing the contracts and the law?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,739Posts Today

8,746Users online

Martin's Twitter