Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 18th Mar 15, 11:38 AM
    • 1,559Posts
    • 1,624Thanks
    SpammyTheSpammer
    Rancom Security Ltd - Successors to SAS FIRE & SECURITY SYSTEMS LTD?
    • 18th Mar 15, 11:38 AM
    Rancom Security Ltd - Successors to SAS FIRE & SECURITY SYSTEMS LTD? 18th Mar 15 at 11:38 AM
    Started to get calls from these people, usual disdain about the Telephone preference scheme and a surprisingly similar script to that as used by the now defunct SAS FIRE & SECURITY SYSTEMS LTD.

This is their address:-
    Rancom Security Ltd
    Rancom House
    4 Emmanuel Court,
    Reddicroft, Sutton Coldfield
    West Midlands
    B73 6AZ

Telephone: 0333 405 2333
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
Page 2
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 4th May 17, 3:03 PM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 1,624 Thanks
    SpammyTheSpammer
    Because...
    Indeed. I don't get why people think it is "impolite" to hang up on such people (which is why they don't) and so they hang on for ages
    Originally posted by DoaM
    I am TPS registered and they should not have called me in the first place so it amuses me to waste their time by seeing how long it is before THEY hang up.
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 4th May 17, 3:04 PM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 1,624 Thanks
    SpammyTheSpammer
    See last post
    Why not just hang up?
    Originally posted by kwikbreaks
    Love wasting their time!
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 4th May 17, 3:05 PM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 1,624 Thanks
    SpammyTheSpammer
    You did right.
    I had a cold phone call from this company today wanting me to have a visit from one of their sales team, as they are in our area. It took me a while to convince the caller (Alex) that we did not want a visit. He was trying his hardest to get us to take an appointment. I did manage after approx 10 minutes to convince him that we had neither the time, nor them money to afford their security system. I felt he was pushing too hard, and it made me feel even more wary of inviting them to visit us. I then looked them up and found out here that my instincts were correct.... They just wanted money we have not got!
    Originally posted by mazbee
    Are you TPS registered as well?
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 4th May 17, 4:25 PM
    • 3,333 Posts
    • 3,375 Thanks
    DoaM
    I'm all for scam call baiting ... IF you approach the call with that in mind.

Unfortunately that is not what the majority of such call recipients do ... mostly those that hang on do so because they'd feel impolite by just hanging up; yet hanging up is the very thing that will stop them getting scammed.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • mazbee
    • By mazbee 4th May 17, 8:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mazbee
    No, I am not TPS registered. I like to be polite on the phone when someone calls me. I should hung up on the caller earlier. At the time, I had no idea who they were.

My Neighbour says a strange gentleman was knocking at our door this afternoon when we were not home. So it seems they still came to visit, even though I had said I did not want them too.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 5th May 17, 10:09 AM
    • 2,146 Posts
    • 1,089 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Being TPS registered is a waste of time, because, whenever I challenged callers why they were phoning because I was registered with TPS, they just made inane excuses and carried on talking. On the several occasions I tried to report a caller to TPS I was given a variety of excuses why they couldn't do anything. However in their defence, I did once get a response that someone had been told not to do it again - WOW! Doesn't matter now, I have a call blocker phone.
    • londoner2009
    • By londoner2009 19th May 17, 10:40 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    londoner2009
    Awful company that prays on the elderly - They seemed to ring my aunt just after she'd been robbed and talked her into spending £5,000 on a security alarm they said was worth £7,000 - That was supposed to include 5 years of remote monitoring.. well it was only 1 year and they already started to phone her to get her to renew her subscription when she was told £5,000 included 5 years of monitoring. Well it's not been about 2 years and just a few minutes ago they called again. however when my aunt questioned them they hung up the phone on her. I am an electronics and computer expert. I build my own computers and I can say without a doubt the equipment installed is worth nothing like £5,000 - at most £200 to £400 worth of electronics.

I strongly advise those with elderly relatives to warn their elders about companies like this that prey on the elderly.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 19th May 17, 11:41 AM
    • 15,352 Posts
    • 11,179 Thanks
    hollydays
    Report them to Which , as they claim to be accredited by them

http://trustedtraders.which.co.uk/businesses/rancom-security-ltd/

See the code

http://www.staticwhich.co.uk/static/trustedtraders/FAQs/TTF7_WEU_Aug2016version.pdf

Particularly page 4

"The trader must not use any aggressive, deceptive or coercive tactics to obtain work or money. This also includes exploitation, causing fear, or the application of any undueinfluence.
    ■ The trader must use accurate descriptions of goods or services, allowing the customer to make an informed decision"

How to complain to the ssaib about rancom security limited of Sutton Coldfield
    https://ssaib.org/page/your1assurance/
    Or contact them on Facebook

Please come back and tell us when you have reported them
    Last edited by hollydays; 19-05-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,044Posts Today

6,838Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin