Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • corum_uk67
    • By corum_uk67 14th Mar 15, 9:56 AM
    • 72Posts
    • 31Thanks
    corum_uk67
    Trustpilot - not to be trusted so much
    • 14th Mar 15, 9:56 AM
    Trustpilot - not to be trusted so much 14th Mar 15 at 9:56 AM
    I recently left a four star review of parcel2go on Trustpilot. The experience with the courier (Fedex international) was great, however the experience with the parcel2go website and online help was not so great. Basically the webpage kept rejecting my details and saying contact customer support. So I used the online chat function. 20 minutes later the advisor says 'oh yeah i'm getting the same problem' as all he had been doing was sitting there filling in the same details! Hardly tech support. He passed me to a colleague who suggested trying a different courier and then the chat ended abruptly. Reassuring stuff - not. Anyway after registering on the fedex website I managed to find out that the area I was sending to was out of their service range.

So armed with new information I went back to parcel2go and successfully used their online form. My experience was thus that they offer great prices but their customer support was poor and a lot of time was wasted because they didn't know what the problem was.

Anyway I digress. A month later, the review, along with several others for the same company has been suspended, parcel2go clearly having a trawl through and challenging anything it didn't like the look of. In my case this was on the pretense that the purchase wasn't verified. This after having to provide the transaction reference at the time of the review!

I immediately challenged this and said that I would strongly object to the review being removed and asked what details they needed. It took from February 26 to March 9 for them to respond and they are now dragging their heels and making it extremely difficult to get the review reinstated. They rejected an extract from my bank statement as proof of purchase, even though it clearly shows a payment to the company in question on the date in question. I'd deleted the original emails from parcel2go but after trawling my browser history came across a link to the tracking page so I have now sent them a screenshot which clearly shows the consignment number. That was on March 10 and as of today they have still not responded and the review remains hidden.

Any faith I previously had in Trustpilot has been severely eroded by this episode and I've since read articles online which cast serious doubt over the integrity of the site management and many of the reviews (which are posted to order apparently).

If my review ever does get reinstated I will be dropping the score somewhat from its original four stars however by that time it will be so far down the list that anybody visiting the site will probably miss it anyway.

Shame on Trustpilot and shame on companies like parcel2go who, rather than take on board customer feedback and use it to improve their services would rather go out of their way to silence honest reviews.
Page 3
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 25th Aug 17, 2:48 PM
    • 1,190 Posts
    • 1,480 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    Personally I use sites like Trustpiot not to determine the exact ratio of good to bad experiences but to just make sure it's a real company that I'm buying from in case I haven't heard of it. People don't always leave reviews so it's very hard to tell just from a review site how good or bad a company's service is. But you can get a really good clue as to whether or not it's a genuine business if they have years and years worth of reviews.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • MarkBargain
    • By MarkBargain 25th Aug 17, 8:04 PM
    • 1,541 Posts
    • 655 Thanks
    MarkBargain
    I looked up that aerial company featured on BBC Watchdog's Rogue Traders on Trustpilot. '9.4 Excellent' apparently!
    • staggered
    • By staggered 9th Sep 17, 11:13 PM
    • 248 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    staggered
    Trustpilot is a scam, pure and simple.

Businesses pay Trustpilot a hefty fee to appear on the site. In return, Trustpilot allows them to remove unfavourable reviews and turns a blind eye to fake reviews.

Don't be fooled into believing the 5* reviews, most are written to order, paid for by the business.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 10th Sep 17, 1:11 AM
    • 319 Posts
    • 284 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Trustpilot suck big time. There business model is for the benefit of them paying the fees. By that I mean the companies not the users.

They allow reviews to be removed and then for you to jump through hoops to have them reinstated. Most people just think, get lost I am reviewing in my own time for free so negative reviews are lost.
    • Cathy129
    • By Cathy129 11th Sep 17, 10:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cathy129
    I have placed a number of reviews on Trust Pilot website, good and bad. A short time ago, I reviewed a survey company giving them one star and was then contacted by Trust Pilot to say that my review had been reported by the company in question because they believed it was fake. I notice that all the bad reviews for this company had been challenged. My review was genuine but I got fed up going back and forth to Trust Pilot and I finally told them I had published a review of that company elsewhere and that I would not be using Trust Pilot again. By the way, there were no good reviews on the company in question and when I look on other review websites, their reviews are bad. I used to trust Trust Pilot but not any longer.
    • photome
    • By photome 12th Sep 17, 7:06 AM
    • 12,681 Posts
    • 8,160 Thanks
    photome
    Trustpilot should be investigated ( not that i ever look on there) but if you join the wren kitchen disasters facebook page there are lots of examples of negative reviews that are removed straight away by wren and trustpilot even though there is evidence that these negative reviews are very real
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

16Posts Today

3,205Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin