Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wary
    • By wary 14th Mar 15, 4:25 AM
    • 668Posts
    • 288Thanks
    wary
    YT MP3 Ripper
    • 14th Mar 15, 4:25 AM
    YT MP3 Ripper 14th Mar 15 at 4:25 AM
    Can anyone recommend a good YouTube audio ripper, preferably a website into which one enters a URL and then downloads the audio?

I used to use VIDTOMP3, a site that I was a bit dubious about but seemed OK providing you ensure you don't agree to download any of its free software. Now it seems to be the source for me getting advertising software on my laptop so won't be using it again.
Page 1
    • isabel.h
    • By isabel.h 14th Mar 15, 9:40 AM
    • 93 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    isabel.h
    • 14th Mar 15, 9:40 AM
    • 14th Mar 15, 9:40 AM
    try http://www.video2mp3.at/ i have used in the past with no problems and it is on line converter
    • wary
    • By wary 14th Mar 15, 10:49 AM
    • 668 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    wary
    • 14th Mar 15, 10:49 AM
    • 14th Mar 15, 10:49 AM
    try http://www.video2mp3.at/ i have used in the past with no problems and it is on line converter
    Originally posted by isabel.h
    Just tried this but rather than an MP3, it downloaded an exe named the same as the video.

Are you sure this site is OK? Looks a bit suspect to me.
    • Oblivion
    • By Oblivion 14th Mar 15, 11:19 AM
    • 19,127 Posts
    • 58,084 Thanks
    Oblivion
    • 14th Mar 15, 11:19 AM
    • 14th Mar 15, 11:19 AM
    I use www.youtube-mp3.org
    Works well for me. I think there is a limit on track length though of 20 minutes from memory, so you can't just download a whole album in one go.

When you've found a Youtube clip you want to download the audio for, click on Share and copy the URL that comes up, then paste it into youtube-mp3 . The resulting mp3 file can then be saved to disc and then opened with iTunes or whatever.
    Last edited by Oblivion; 14-03-2015 at 11:24 AM.
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 10th year of leisure

I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Bring me sunshine in your smile
    • harleq1962
    • By harleq1962 14th Mar 15, 12:13 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    harleq1962
    • 14th Mar 15, 12:13 PM
    easy
    • 14th Mar 15, 12:13 PM
    Works well for me. I think there is a limit on track length though of 20 minutes from memory, so you can't just download a whole album in one go.

When you've found a Youtube clip you want to download the audio for, click on Share and copy the URL that comes up, then paste it into youtube-mp3 . The resulting mp3 file can then be saved to disc and then opened with iTunes or whatever.
    Originally posted by Oblivion
    I use this too, its very fast and easy,
    • wary
    • By wary 14th Mar 15, 12:18 PM
    • 668 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    wary
    • 14th Mar 15, 12:18 PM
    • 14th Mar 15, 12:18 PM

Originally posted by Oblivion
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately 20 minutes isn't long enough for me as I mostly rip documentaries which I can listen to on my iPod.
    • Fightsback
    • By Fightsback 14th Mar 15, 1:13 PM
    • 2,456 Posts
    • 1,420 Thanks
    Fightsback
    • 14th Mar 15, 1:13 PM
    • 14th Mar 15, 1:13 PM
    If you are a firefox user, videodownloadhelper is a good add-on, nice shiny new version 5.
    Science isn't exact, it's only confidence within limits.
    • acyawn
    • By acyawn 14th Mar 15, 3:29 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 1,178 Thanks
    acyawn
    • 14th Mar 15, 3:29 PM
    • 14th Mar 15, 3:29 PM
    This site allows the option of downloading either full video or audio only for a youtube url - no time limits.

http://offliberty.com/
    • wary
    • By wary 14th Mar 15, 5:18 PM
    • 668 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    wary
    • 14th Mar 15, 5:18 PM
    • 14th Mar 15, 5:18 PM
    This site allows the option of downloading either full video or audio only for a youtube url - no time limits.

http://offliberty.com/
    Originally posted by acyawn
    Thanks all for the responses.

Offliberty looks good. However, is there a way to get it to just extract the audio without having to wait for it to extract the video too?
    • acyawn
    • By acyawn 14th Mar 15, 6:22 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 1,178 Thanks
    acyawn
    yes - after you enter the url and click the button - the audio link should appear by itself as the yellow 'right click here and save link as' button

(with a 'i want video file' and 'go back' button below)

e.g.

• buglawton
    • By buglawton 14th Mar 15, 6:52 PM
    • 6,473 Posts
    • 2,740 Thanks
    buglawton
    Isn't it amazing how people are allowed to upload whole albums to Youtube (I found almost any album I can think of on YT, usually with a slide show for video), but s site like Pirate Bay gets hounded to death for similar?
    Got a fur sink. An electric dog polisher. A gasoline powered turtleneck sweater. And, of course, I bought some dumb stuff, too. –Steve Martin
    • slinga
    • By slinga 10th Oct 16, 11:17 AM
    • 926 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    slinga
    Now 18 months later and I wonder if there is a new/better youtube to MP3 audio convertor available?
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 10th Oct 16, 12:17 PM
    • 6,473 Posts
    • 2,740 Thanks
    buglawton
    Wonder how much longer they will exist?

News on 27th Sept:
    "Sony, Warner Bros, and Universal, have filed a claim against YouTube-mp3.org and its German operator Philip Matesanz, in a federal court in Los Angeles"
    http://betanews.com/2016/09/27/bad-news-youtube-music-rippers/
    Got a fur sink. An electric dog polisher. A gasoline powered turtleneck sweater. And, of course, I bought some dumb stuff, too. –Steve Martin
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 10th Oct 16, 12:27 PM
    • 23,274 Posts
    • 9,174 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Now 18 months later and I wonder if there is a new/better youtube to MP3 audio convertor available?
    Originally posted by slinga

Who needs a website when there are a 1001 browser addons that will do the same?

Regarding the court case, that shouldnt take much to defend, the content on youtube is freely available to watch/record is it not?

They need to redirect their court case towards the website storing the copyrighted material (YouTube).
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 10th Oct 16, 12:35 PM
    • 1,535 Posts
    • 853 Thanks
    AndyPix
    http://www.listentoyoutube.com/

Boom
    Running with scissors since 1978
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

58Posts Today

4,212Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin