Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 1
  • Major Star
    • 5th Aug 07, 1:16 PM
    • 5th Aug 07, 1:16 PM
    Anyone? :confused:
  • peawack
    • 5th Aug 07, 6:29 PM
    • 5th Aug 07, 6:29 PM

Has anyone recieved this in the last few days (from purely creative), and if so have you telephoned to find out what the winning symbols are?

If so, could you share them with me so that I don't have to phone up if I haven't recieved anything worth claiming?

On two separate cards, I have two out of three matching symbol, and three out of three matching symbols on another.

Originally posted by Major Star
    I was thinking the same thing myself !
    Found these scratchcards (purely creative ) in a magazine, and guess what ?
    Two Identical symbols on one card, and THREE on the other !
    While it brackets the THREE identical symbols with the big money prizes, it does'nt actually say the card is a winner.
    It does however say that it will cost me £9 to register my claim ! (6Mins phone call @ £1.50 per minute )
    Their website is full of allegedly Happy members of the public who have won prizes, but like you, I would like to hear from one or more of them.
  • peawack
    • 5th Aug 07, 6:55 PM
    • 5th Aug 07, 6:55 PM
    Anyone? :confused:
    Originally posted by Major Star
    There is a detailed thread on this, and I as I suspected there is little or no chance of winning with these cards. Barely legal I would say.
    • mustafa say ving
    • By mustafa say ving 5th Aug 07, 7:04 PM
    • 1,599 Posts
    • 10,436 Thanks
    mustafa say ving
    • 5th Aug 07, 7:04 PM
    • 5th Aug 07, 7:04 PM
    There's a thread on it here

Going for the ITV Hat-trick
  • Major Star
    • 5th Aug 07, 8:08 PM
    • 5th Aug 07, 8:08 PM
    Yes, but I can't see the winning symbols on that post.

Could someone post what each symbol is worth please?
  • purelycreative
    • 14th Aug 07, 9:42 PM
    And the Winners are...
    • 14th Aug 07, 9:42 PM
    £1,000,000 = 3 x Hearts, Lollies, Clamps

100,000 = 3 x Grape Symbols

£50,000 = 3 x Telephone Symbols

BMW S3 = 3 x Pencil Symbols

£10,000 = 3 x Drum Symbols

SONY HDTV = 3 x Cake Symbols

Holidays in Italy for 2 = 3 x rabbits, Trees, Airplanes Symbols

Most likely you get to win holidays for 2 with the T&C making it too difficult to claim it, due to unavailability of flights and hotels etc...
  • marazul79
    • 24th Aug 07, 2:06 PM
    • 24th Aug 07, 2:06 PM
    I've got 3 cherries so am assuming that its not worth the bother?
    • mpython
    • By mpython 22nd Jan 08, 1:15 PM
    • 3,338 Posts
    • 104,045 Thanks
    • 22nd Jan 08, 1:15 PM
    • 22nd Jan 08, 1:15 PM
    So that means the £1m prize has gone & its now definetly not worth entering.

(BTW, colin95 joined today and posted the same thing on several different threads about scratchcard competitions - viral marketing or what?)
    Last edited by mpython; 22-01-2008 at 1:36 PM.
    • i wanna save money!
    • By i wanna save money! 22nd Jan 08, 1:34 PM
    • 1,698 Posts
    • 8,799 Thanks
    i wanna save money!
    According to the Purely Creative website ( - they have a lot of winners, including a new £1 Million winner.

What do you make of that?
    Originally posted by Colin95
    I saw a article the other day (possibly in the metro) with a photo showing the £1 million winner, a young woman.
  • sconium
    I've made some posts on another thread about this a few hours ago, but it has been mysteriously deleted.
    • Hillards
    • By Hillards 8th Nov 08, 7:18 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    There's a new batch in TV magazines at present. I got one today and discovered I have two winning cards from the 4 in a strip. Strange that you have to call 2 seperate numbers to check what you've won, meaning 2 £9 calls. One is a cash payment, lowest amount printed on the ticket is £10, so I stand to gain £1, less the cost of posting my ticket by recorded delivery of course.

A story in the Guardian (Google for it) tells readers that they've had ONE lucky Million Pound winner in 18 years of running these scratchcard promotions.

Thank goodness I live in an area that handles recycling of waste paper and card. :rolleyes:
  • gabbo99
    I had one "The million pound cash card" fall out a paper today, I got 3 Crab symbols.

Looking at the Terms it would cost £9 for the phone call + stamps, winning a minimum of £10, I thought I would give it a go as it's worth a punt if your going to break even.

One £9 phone call later I found I had won, yep you guessed it, £10!!!!!

I called on the 3rd of Jan 2009 - the Claim number you need for 3 crabs (£10) is 1208 so you can save yourself the £9 phone call and just send the claim in if you have this too

I don't know how often they change the claim numbers - you have to put a date of claim on the form so maybe they track it like that?

Anyway, hope I saved some people a phone call & got them a little easy free money!
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 8th Apr 09, 3:39 PM
    • 4,806 Posts
    • 139,072 Thanks
    Got one of these cards in my computer mag that arrived today. My 5 year old likes scratching the panels off and I got 3 lions which supposedly means a cash prize. Am reluctant to pay call charges etc to find I have only got £10. I know you can get the claim number by post, but can't really be bothered with the hassle.
    Total weight loss since 01/08/2015 - 2st 4.5lbs
    Weight left to lose - 5st 0.5lbs

• Kiwimike
    Yup, 3 lions = £10, as of today anyway.

But of course, you have to wait until 5 minutes 50 seconds to find that out.

Plus the cost of a 1st and 2nd class stamp.

I suspect that breaking even is the best anyone ever does with these. I'm amazed that magazines allow themselves to be associated with such a scam.
    Last edited by Kiwimike; 15-04-2009 at 2:36 PM.
  • AK10
    hi guys,

came across this thread through a google search, after getting 3 identical symbols (scratched about 10 days ago). Anyone knows what are the possible combinations atm? (I didnt get neither the lions or crabs).

Thanks in advance.
    • Pocoyo
    • By Pocoyo 2nd May 09, 7:44 PM
    • 582 Posts
    • 379 Thanks
    I had 3 anchors but not bothered to ring up yet.
    • phlash
    • By phlash 5th May 09, 12:22 AM
    • 868 Posts
    • 621 Thanks
    Me three anchors also. So don't bother!
  • discobaby
    Omg do people actually fall for these cons?? :s
    • softpad
    • By softpad 5th May 09, 9:23 AM
    • 1,206 Posts
    • 5,682 Thanks
    Don't know if its the same here, but you don't actually have to ring up usually. There's usually a tiny bit that says you can apply by post so I always do. Then, it's cost me nothing apart from a stamp.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

56Posts Today

3,772Users online

Martin's Twitter