Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 520
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 17th Jul 17, 8:48 PM
    • 3,248 Posts
    • 51,783 Thanks
    silvasava
    Well - DH didn't improve on Saturday so I've just done a 400+ mi!e round trip. Had a lovely time with his family though and he's almost back to normal now so he's had a very bland tea tonight just in case.
    I've only been away overnight and the Oleander I've had for years is in full bloom - it's flowered before but only a couple of blooms as it obviously needs a lot of heat for the buds to break. It looks really lovely and I'm ridiculously pleased.
    Oh dear Monna - Dora's in the doghouse then? Could a car sponge work - be careful on that stepladder - we don't want a bruised Monna
    Ivy - don't envy you the 'toothwork' or the resultant bill but it has to be done.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • karcher
    • By karcher 17th Jul 17, 9:58 PM
    • 1,398 Posts
    • 11,735 Thanks
    karcher
    I've only been away overnight and the Oleander I've had for years is in full bloom - it's flowered before but only a couple of blooms as it obviously needs a lot of heat for the buds to break. It looks really lovely and I'm ridiculously pleased.
    Originally posted by silvasava
    Congratulations

What colour Oleander? I find the white ones disappointing because they go a cream colour very quickly and never look very happy.

You are right they do need lots of heat to bloom, but whilst they can flower with very little water they look much better when given a good and regular drink imho.
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 18th Jul 17, 8:33 AM
    • 3,248 Posts
    • 51,783 Thanks
    silvasava
    Morning Karcher - my Oleander is a double and a deep salmony pink. I've had it years and it's in the hottest spot in my front garden backed by a brick wall!
    DGD coming round today for DH to do the brakes on her car & my window cleaner has text me to say he's coming too so will get the insides done tomorrow. Visitor coming at the weekend so need to make sure the spare bedroom is up to scratch too. I've a list of small jobs that need to be done & I should be able to get them all done today (fingers crossed!)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 18th Jul 17, 9:12 AM
    • 4,943 Posts
    • 51,763 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Yes, I feel as if all my teeth are falling to bits at the same time. I put some blame on the delicious but extremely hard-crusted rolls we had at a campsite in Italy 4 years ago!

We had (yet another) charity bag through the letterbox at the weekend, collection day today and I actually got organised enough to put some clothing and a virtually unworn pair of sandals in it, so I hope it will actually get collected from the front of the house at some point. Occasionally we get bags asking for donations for an animal charity and I've seen the van collecting the goods on their behalf pull up, a man gets out and gazes up and down the road, gets back in and drives away - on that occasion I'd put a bag out on the doorstep, but he wasn't looking at people's doorsteps, only at the pavement outside people's gates, so I've left this one where they can't miss it (in theory).

monnagran as silvasava said, be careful on that stepladder! I hope you can find a bowl and sponge somewhere else as Aldi didn't come up trumps. As for Dora's shenanigans..... Has Millie stayed with you rather than moving to the bungalow?

Silvasava Glad to hear your DH is on the mend, poor man. I hope you had a good day even though you had to go on your own. The oleander sounds lovely - I don't think I've ever seen one.
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 18th Jul 17, 12:54 PM
    • 3,248 Posts
    • 51,783 Thanks
    silvasava
    Ivyleaf - if you were in Italy 4 years ago you would have seen them - they often use them down the middle of dual carriageways!!
    I've found what I think is a small cavity in one of my front teeth - next appointment not until October - its not giving me problem......yet!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 18th Jul 17, 3:29 PM
    • 4,943 Posts
    • 51,763 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Ivyleaf - if you were in Italy 4 years ago you would have seen them - they often use them down the middle of dual carriageways!!
    I've found what I think is a small cavity in one of my front teeth - next appointment not until October - its not giving me problem......yet!
    Originally posted by silvasava
    Ah, I obviously saw them but didn't know that was what they were Actually there were lots of flowering shrubs on the campsite so I expect some of those were oleanders too.
    In one town we went to in the South of France rather more years ago, the dual carriageways had fat-trunked palm trees along the middle. It looked as if someone had gone along with a load of giant pineapples and thrown them Plunk! Plunk! Plunk! into the ground at regular intervals

Sorry to hear about your tooth but hopefully it'll be fine until September as long as you're careful to keep it clean, which I'm sure you will be.
    Last edited by ivyleaf; 18-07-2017 at 3:32 PM.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 18th Jul 17, 5:03 PM
    • 3,114 Posts
    • 39,060 Thanks
    monnagran
    Coo! I've just had a nasty turn. I clicked on to the board and it came up in the new format. Help!!
    I thought I would come on to this thread and ask for help in getting back to my old familiar format.
    Blow me if they didn't make me log In again. This time they said I had given the wrong password. Tried again. Still wrong password. Tried again and the password came up with a row of stars which now worked.
    Lo and behold........we are all back to normal.

What is happening round here? Threads mysteriously disappearing. Formats suddenly being changed. Passwords not recognised and then doing a u-turn and working again. I've never known this forum being like this.

Now I can't remember what I was going to say. I must go and lie down.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • lillibet dripping
    • By lillibet dripping 18th Jul 17, 5:08 PM
    • 1,617 Posts
    • 12,477 Thanks
    lillibet dripping
    Same here Monna! I keep being logged out, despite clicking 'remember me', go back in and get the blue screen but once logged in get returned to the green screen (phew!). I can't be doing with the blue one...... I like comfortable and familiar
    [DFW Nerd club #1142Proud to be dealing with my debtDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862April 2013 = £20414 April 2014 = £11000 April 2015 = £9500 April 2016 = £7200
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 18th Jul 17, 5:36 PM
    • 11,123 Posts
    • 153,493 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Me too, I thought it was because I've been away for a couple of days and not logged in yesterday but I keep clicking the 'remember me' box and it puts me out every time and returns the MSE new format which I just cannot read without getting a mega headache.....what on earth is going on with the threads?, auto deletions etc.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 18th Jul 17, 5:54 PM
    • 4,943 Posts
    • 51,763 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Happening to me too, hopefully just a blip. I'll go and look at the "Site Stuff" board to see if it's mentioned on there.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 18th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    • 4,943 Posts
    • 51,763 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Happening to me too, hopefully just a blip. I'll go and look at the "Site Stuff" board to see if it's mentioned on there.

Yes, other people are complaining about the same thing. It's happening with Google Chrome and Firefox; all the 11 people who've posted about it so far are using one or the other of those two, so I don't know if it's happening with other browsers too.

Hopefully HQ can sort it out.

ETA sorry, posted the first bit twice by accident.
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 18th Jul 17, 7:28 PM
    • 3,248 Posts
    • 51,783 Thanks
    silvasava
    Yup - I've had it too & my tablet uses Google! OK now though (I hope!)
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 18th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 3,114 Posts
    • 39,060 Thanks
    monnagran
    Yes. It has just happened to me again. I have to login in every time and then I finally get back to the green format.
    Something odd is happening. There can't be this much chaos by accident, it's all too coincidental.
    Last edited by monnagran; 18-07-2017 at 7:33 PM.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 18th Jul 17, 7:59 PM
    • 11,123 Posts
    • 153,493 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Have we been hacked by hostile forces? (MSE I mean being hacked), this, disappearing threads, most peculiar, I wonder if it's linked?

Just a suggestion but we've got over 10,000 posts on this incarnation of the thread now, might it be worth considering Mk 2 of the Garden Fence Thread to avoid (hopefully) an auto delete situation here as well?
    Last edited by MrsLurcherwalker; 18-07-2017 at 8:07 PM.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:21 PM
    • 3,179 Posts
    • 29,174 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Happening with me on Opera as well - and the New and *cough* improved gives me a migraine!
    OS Weight Loss 5.26/10

V3ry - £607.34
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:30 PM
    • 3,179 Posts
    • 29,174 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    New thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72856310#post72856310

No links yet - that may happen when I have a decent internet connection!
    OS Weight Loss 5.26/10

V3ry - £607.34
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 18th Jul 17, 8:30 PM
    • 2,365 Posts
    • 33,689 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Thought it was just me - I feel better knowing it's happening to other's, if you know what I mean

A bit concerned about the oddities happening on here
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

NO-VEMBER GC £200/£164.83 that’s includes everything for breakfast, lunch, dinner for myself, DH, DS and sometime’s DD and 4 greedy cats
    • karcher
    • By karcher 18th Jul 17, 8:37 PM
    • 1,398 Posts
    • 11,735 Thanks
    karcher
    Thought it was just me - I feel better knowing it's happening to other's, if you know what I mean

A bit concerned about the oddities happening on here
    Originally posted by Islandmaid
    Me too

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72856310#post72856310

No links yet - that may happen when I have a decent internet connection!
    Originally posted by Knit Witch
    New thread...thanks Knit Witch

Zippy can you lock this one pretty please
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 18th Jul 17, 10:20 PM
    • 1,849 Posts
    • 15,394 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    I'm still trying to catch up on weeks and weeks of posts !!!

The issues mentioned here today are a situation I've encountered many times for months , logged in and told to log in when I click the send button .
    As far as the family techie and others have discovered in my case it's an ongoing situation between Google and Firefox . It concerns the fact that mse doesn't have the magic secure s which is causing difficulties as it is not secure .
    May not be the same for other posters .

I opted to keep the original green format when the new was rolled out but although I'm seemingly in a minority prefer to read on the new one which seems cleaner and less cluttered . I catch up on that then log in which means I'm posting on the old one .

Anyway I just popped in and saw new incarnations of the threads I follow so will adjust my brain to that and catch up soon on the new thread .

Take care all .
    Thanks to Nuatha for the old thread .
    polly .
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 19th Jul 17, 8:43 AM
    • 4,943 Posts
    • 51,763 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Hopefully the forum staff will discover all the complaints when they arrive at work this morning and will be able to sort it out

Thanks for the new thread Knit Witch
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

154Posts Today

1,646Users online

Martin's Twitter