Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 504
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 16th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    • 13,970 Posts
    • 129,994 Thanks
    mardatha
    Having a day here when I can hardly lift my head nevermind my feet. Can somebody send the pigeon up with a custard cream for me??
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 16th Jun 17, 4:13 PM
    • 12,090 Posts
    • 214,763 Thanks
    greenbee
    Having a day here when I can hardly lift my head nevermind my feet. Can somebody send the pigeon up with a custard cream for me??
    Originally posted by mardatha
    As long as you promise ONLY to eat the custard cream...
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 16th Jun 17, 4:17 PM
    • 1,751 Posts
    • 22,501 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    No wonder Camelot said we were all Nuts.

ivyleaf At least you will get your cataracts done. 5 or 6 years ago they were not allowing them to be done at all. I had resigned myself to never having mine done.

I have been lucky they don't seem to have got any worse in the last 5 years.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 16th Jun 17, 4:30 PM
    • 4,791 Posts
    • 50,196 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Room for as many as can find a space love, there's always tea or coffee and usually someone has a custard cream secreted away in a secret place to share with us. If you make virtual cake you'll be an instant hit!!! Mine's a carrot cake please, welcome in !!! xxx.
    Originally posted by MrsLurcherwalker
    I bought a currant cake at the bakery earlier, help yourselves everyone !

nursemaggie that's awful that they stopped doing them at all! I know a lot of people had one done and then the hospital kept making excuses not to do the other one, but the govt have now warned the NHS Trusts concerned that it is unacceptable to do that.. if that happened to me I think I'd have a permanent headache as I'd have one eye with (hopefully) 20/20 vision and one at minus 10.
    Last edited by ivyleaf; 16-06-2017 at 4:36 PM.
    • burtha
    • By burtha 16th Jun 17, 4:49 PM
    • 567 Posts
    • 5,889 Thanks
    burtha
    Carrot cake sounds wonderful ,
    Having a sneaky 5 mins before football/shopping/feeding animals/people , seriously cheesed off at the minute,to much to do and feeling blurry, hey ho
    Just been a long week (s)
    Can the elephant/hamster come here next .... but no more dogs please , training the pup we have is enough fun ...
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 16th Jun 17, 5:01 PM
    • 1,751 Posts
    • 22,501 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    The government are lying it was them that told the NHS to stop doing cataract operations on the over 65s.
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 16th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    • 3,472 Posts
    • 39,996 Thanks
    camelot1001
    I'm not going to work again, you lot have too much fun! Sorry to say the pigeon won't be arriving mar, I think I ran over it on the way home. The custard cream got squished under the tyre but that's nothing compared to the feathers and bits of pigeon stuck to the bumper. (This is a true story by the way, apart from the custard cream!).

Sorry you're under a lot of stress FBO, not sure what's happened but take care of yourself.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 16th Jun 17, 8:06 PM
    • 3,083 Posts
    • 36,501 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Hugs to FBO and anyone else in need.
    If Mar has eaten the Elephant and GQ's Nursie is busy, email me your address FBO and I'll come to yours all dressed in leather, wearing my thigh length boots and carrying my floggers and a bull whip.
    It's not a pretty sight and would make anyone turn tail and run (well after they had taken a video to send up to YBF)
    Possibly not as scary as an elephant but I'm the size of a baby one!
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 16th Jun 17, 8:26 PM
    • 3,169 Posts
    • 50,499 Thanks
    silvasava
    Oh my - I turn my back for 5 minutes and you're all at it again. Mar's eaten the elephant with a side of custard creams. Monna's got a zorbing Dalmatian, Hester's getting tooled up ( rephrase - going equipped) The Lawyers in the freezer, Mrs L is eating cake and Camelot's squashed the pidgeon................I need a lie down in a darkened room for quite a while
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 16th Jun 17, 8:47 PM
    • 9,302 Posts
    • 54,594 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Right you lot! Time for bed! Back to your rooms with the nice, cushiony wallpaper, put on your pyjama jackets, (you know, the ones that fasten up at the back) and line up for your meds! We can't be having this nonsense, the full moon was days ago, so there's no excuse!
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash

September NSDs 14 of 15
    • karcher
    • By karcher 16th Jun 17, 9:27 PM
    • 1,267 Posts
    • 10,630 Thanks
    karcher
    Right you lot! Time for bed! Back to your rooms with the nice, cushiony wallpaper, put on your pyjama jackets, (you know, the ones that fasten up at the back) and line up for your meds! We can't be having this nonsense, the full moon was days ago, so there's no excuse!
    Originally posted by Nargleblast
    No

BTW did you Fencers realise there is a poster on MSE who goes by the name of EatingTheElephant ....so be careful of drawing attention to any remaining Hefalumps (that Mar has so far left unscathed due to a lack of freezer space! )

PS: I chanced upon said posters name whilst browsing the site, thought I was 'seeing' things!
    • Floss
    • By Floss 16th Jun 17, 9:28 PM
    • 3,836 Posts
    • 30,607 Thanks
    Floss
    Squash the pigeon, squash the pigeon.....wasn't that how the song went on the spin-off from Whacky Races?
    • karcher
    • By karcher 16th Jun 17, 9:45 PM
    • 1,267 Posts
    • 10,630 Thanks
    karcher
    Squash the pigeon, squash the pigeon.....wasn't that how the song went on the spin-off from Whacky Races?
    Originally posted by Floss
    They never 'catch/stop' him!
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 16th Jun 17, 10:48 PM
    • 3,060 Posts
    • 28,220 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Hmm Friday night - forget the fetching white canvas jammies and pass me a wine please!
    OS Weight Loss 1/10
    • karcher
    • By karcher 16th Jun 17, 11:05 PM
    • 1,267 Posts
    • 10,630 Thanks
    karcher
    Hmm Friday night - forget the fetching white canvas jammies and pass me a wine please!
    Originally posted by Knit Witch
    Be my guest Knit Witch...Enjoy
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 17th Jun 17, 10:30 AM
    • 4,791 Posts
    • 50,196 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Morning! Lovely day here. We're visiting DD1 in a while as she's babysitting her son's chameleon while he's on holiday and wants to show it to us. I've promised not to wear anything multicoloured, it's only a baby so don't want to make it work too hard!

Then we're going to their local church's Fun Day, on the local Green near their home, as she goes there every year to be dragged along by her dog which gets very excited about all the new smells i'm glad the church has a beautiful day for it this year - it was pouring with rain last year.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 17th Jun 17, 12:14 PM
    • 4,029 Posts
    • 47,354 Thanks
    Jazee
    Have a fun day Ivyleaf. I'm doing gardening here, just pottering in the heat.
    The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread! (#20) September £404.15 Total £8404.15/£12000

• silvasava
    • By silvasava 17th Jun 17, 3:15 PM
    • 3,169 Posts
    • 50,499 Thanks
    silvasava
    DH & I are helping with the new members BBQ at the club this afternoon. DH & DS1 are on BBQ duty - I'm on meet & greet - its gonna be hot but hoping for a cooling sea breeze! Taking plenty of factor 30+ with me too!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 17th Jun 17, 5:42 PM
    • 4,791 Posts
    • 50,196 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    You won't read this until later silvasava, so I hope it went well.

We had to buy some sunscreen this morning as what we had was 2 years old so we thought best not to trust it and had got rid of it. DD and I enjoyed ambling round the stalls, but the police had brought one of their vehicles to display, and were letting all the kids sound the siren as often as they wanted. We felt so sorry for the stallholders near it, not to mention the people living across the road!

I bought a couple of books (one is for DS), a cat fridge magnet and a beautiful greetings card with a black and white kitten on it - not sure if I shall send it to anyone as I'm not sure I can part with it , and two lobelia plants which I shall plant when it's not so hot - they can stay in the shade by the back of the house for now.

I have no idea what we'll eat this evening - it's certainly too hot to cook, or to want to eat hot food. I think last time it was as hot as this we ended up just having yoghurt! Neither of us wanted anything else. I suppose fish and chips might be a nice change, but that would involve going by car, and poor OH had a terrible job to shoehorn it into its parking bay, so perhaps not.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 17th Jun 17, 7:27 PM
    • 3,083 Posts
    • 36,501 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    I did an emergency hours babysit for DD1 children and came home with steak and a card for CHS, she always buy him a card even though he's her step dad, he really appreciates it.
    Last edited by Hard Up Hester; 17-06-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    Chin up, Titus out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,371Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin