Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 502
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 15th Jun 17, 3:35 PM
    • 4,517 Posts
    • 47,357 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Be sure if it all goes ahead the first thing I'll do Monna is meet you in the Pilot!!
    Originally posted by silvasava
    Good luck, I hope you are able to meet and have a lovely time together
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 15th Jun 17, 6:15 PM
    • 1,649 Posts
    • 21,331 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    I hope you are able to meet and have a lovely time too.

I posted yesterday. It went onto the thread.

When I next came onto the thread seconds later it had disappeared???
    • karcher
    • By karcher 15th Jun 17, 9:47 PM
    • 1,021 Posts
    • 7,997 Thanks
    karcher
    I hope you are able to meet and have a lovely time too.

I posted yesterday. It went onto the thread.

When I next came onto the thread seconds later it had disappeared???
    Originally posted by nursemaggie
    You must have been banished to the 'naughty step' nm
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 15th Jun 17, 9:50 PM
    • 1,649 Posts
    • 21,331 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    I only replied to Camelot saying you have to be nuts to join this thread. Hardly something that had not been said before. Why am I not allowed to make jokes?
    • karcher
    • By karcher 15th Jun 17, 10:02 PM
    • 1,021 Posts
    • 7,997 Thanks
    karcher
    I only replied to Camelot saying you have to be nuts to join this thread. Hardly something that had not been said before. Why am I not allowed to make jokes?
    I was only joking nm

It was probably just some strange internet hiccup.
    Really, worry not
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 15th Jun 17, 10:09 PM
    • 1,649 Posts
    • 21,331 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    So was I Karcher though it is true people always take everything I say seriously.
    • karcher
    • By karcher 15th Jun 17, 10:31 PM
    • 1,021 Posts
    • 7,997 Thanks
    karcher
    So was I Karcher though it is true people always take everything I say seriously.

No, stupidly it's just me not registering....I'm tired that's my excuse

I concur though as my dry sense of humour has often got me into trouble...people taking my words literally when I am only joking. I curb it until people really know me but it still gets me into trouble

*Must try harder*
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 15th Jun 17, 11:07 PM
    • 2,686 Posts
    • 33,832 Thanks
    monnagran
    Personally I am incensed by the suggestion that we don't take things seriously here.

We have very in-depth discussions about handcuffs and police truncheons. We have been known to weigh up the merits of PVC against those of leather. Should any member of our group be under threat or siege we will marshall our resources and weaponry and rush to their defence. This a little difficult now that mar has eaten our chief form of transport but I'm sure that in time we will overcome that little problem.

I concede that we have had our dizzy moments. We did have a party on one occasion but it was a very high class affair, more of a soiree than anything if I remember correctly. Of course I may not remember correctly, I am very old and the memory is fraying at the edges.

For anyone wishing to join our happy band, don't be put off by scurrilous incinerations that we are less than serious.
    "Life is real and life is earnest" is our watchword. Goodness me, if we indulged in unseemly frivolity, Hester, our moral monitor, would be down on us like a ton of bricks.

And now I must don my nightcap, blow out my candle and retire to my bed.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 15th Jun 17, 11:08 PM
    • 2,686 Posts
    • 33,832 Thanks
    monnagran
    Personally I am incensed by the suggestion that we don't take things seriously here.

We have very in-depth discussions about handcuffs and police truncheons. We have been known to weigh up the merits of PVC against those of leather. Should any member of our group be under threat or siege we will marshall our resources and weaponry and rush to their defence. This a little difficult now that mar has eaten our chief form of transport but I'm sure that in time we will overcome that little problem.

I concede that we have had our dizzy moments. We did have a party on one occasion but it was a very high class affair, more of a soiree than anything if I remember correctly. Of course I may not remember correctly, I am very old and the memory is fraying at the edges.

For anyone wishing to join our happy band, don't be put off by scurrilous incinerations that we are less than serious.
    "Life is real and life is earnest" is our watchword. Goodness me, if we indulged in unseemly frivolity, Hester, our moral monitor, would be down on us like a ton of bricks.

x
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 15th Jun 17, 11:12 PM
    • 2,686 Posts
    • 33,832 Thanks
    monnagran
    The powersthatbe told me to wait 12 seconds and submit again.

So I did.

S'not my fault.
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 15th Jun 17, 11:38 PM
    • 1,649 Posts
    • 21,331 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    No monna this website is as nuts as we are.

Soiree monna? If I remember right it was one of those very rare nights when I went to bed early and you all kept me awake, must have been "you lot" I got up again.

If we had eaten and drunk all that was suggested, we would have all been sick for a week.
    • karcher
    • By karcher 15th Jun 17, 11:44 PM
    • 1,021 Posts
    • 7,997 Thanks
    karcher

x
    Originally posted by monnagran
    Absolutely right as ever Monna.

'Night sleep well x
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 15th Jun 17, 11:46 PM
    • 2,686 Posts
    • 33,832 Thanks
    monnagran
    Oh yes, I do remember the hangover.

Now I must get to bed and so must you nurses.

We will get our sober selves up tomorrow and continue with our good works.
    • burtha
    • By burtha 16th Jun 17, 12:44 AM
    • 507 Posts
    • 4,912 Thanks
    burtha
    Did someone say party
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 16th Jun 17, 1:02 AM
    • 1,649 Posts
    • 21,331 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    burtha your nearly a year too late it was last summer or it could have been earlier. You may find it if you look back. It was one of the best laughs we have ever had.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 16th Jun 17, 7:21 AM
    • 10,464 Posts
    • 145,909 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    All of the weighty subjects that Monna flags up are taken extremely seriously by the contributors to this most prestigious and intellectual thread, you only have to look back as suggested to see that the weight and accuracy of discussions are almost academic in nature and worthy of publication in a tome fit for university academics, to suggest otherwise is scurrilous infamy!!!

Anyways when Monna says Hester will be down on us like a ton of bricks I feel there is a much more direct threat we need to watch out for 'cos Hester is only little and Monna is chancing it completely by using the word (Earnest, said in a minute whisper here) because that's the name of the enforcement heferlump and he isn't to be upset or he rampages out of control in everyones posts.....beware the ides (heferlumps) of June my friends after all look at what happened to poor old Caesar!!!
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • lillibet dripping
    • By lillibet dripping 16th Jun 17, 7:45 AM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 11,783 Thanks
    lillibet dripping
    I thought Mad Arthur had eaten Earnest?
    Or is he still in the freezer?
    What happened to the balloon basket? Could we hire it out to the (whispers very quietly) Prepping for Christmas lot as a very large hamper to fill with home-made goodies?
    [DFW Nerd club #1142Proud to be dealing with my debtDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862April 2013 = £20414 April 2014 = £11000 April 2015 = £9500 April 2016 = £7200
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 16th Jun 17, 8:02 AM
    • 10,464 Posts
    • 145,909 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Ernest is safe and well and currently living with Monna within the relatively limited confines of the Isle of Wight disguised as a Dalmatian Puppy.....only imagine what he would be up to if he was let loose on the rest of the planet.....eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The idea of hiring out the basket for a very large HAMPSTER is a very sensible one though.....any takers? or will it be Ernest the Pachyderm in yet another disguise???

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 16th Jun 17, 8:11 AM
    • 4,517 Posts
    • 47,357 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    But Lyn, if the heferlump is living with monnagran, cunningly disguised as Dora, which heferlump is in mar's freezer?

(I can't believe I've just typed that, what a crazy start to the day but very good to have something to laugh about at the moment, eh?)
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 16th Jun 17, 8:13 AM
    • 10,464 Posts
    • 145,909 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Is his twin brother Eric!!! who is disguised as a giant HAMPSTER.....Woohoo!!!

Mar has learned to cook and is planning to make jam from him.....purely for the tulips of course 'cos everyone knows that tulips come from HAMPSTER JAM!
    Last edited by MrsLurcherwalker; 16-06-2017 at 8:15 AM.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

2,012Users online

Martin's Twitter