PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    [QUOTE=juliettet;7078898
    Very annoyed with myself as ruined a brand new rug by dropping a bottle of sun oil nearby and left with an oily mark. What are the chances in Central Scotland??[/QUOTE]

Washing up liquid is a very effective degreaser. Try a little drop rubbed in and left a little while and then use a damp cloth to remove it. It's worth a try!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    silvasava wrote: »
    Washing up liquid is a very effective degreaser. Try a little drop rubbed in and left a little while and then use a damp cloth to remove it. It's worth a try!

I was just going to suggest that too :cool:

It's all I use as stain remover, works better for me than anything else. I do most of my cleaning with it too.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Posting for no better reason than I panic if this thread is not on the first page.

Another beautiful morning here. Is it part of my British nature to feel slightly worried when life appears to be going too well? I have the uncomfortable feeling that there will be a debt to be paid for all this beautiful sunshine.
    Am off now to give myself a good talking-to about enjoying the moment and leaving the future to take care of itself. "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof" and all that jazz.

Am also going to scour the house for any washing I can do........in case the rain comes tomorrow!

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • "Life appearing to go too well" Monna:rotfl:. What is this strange concept of which you speak?:rotfl:

I am familiar with the one about feeling vulnerable when Life has just smashed you one in the face and wondering if it will come at you with another blow - and going into "Protect/protect - have I checked all gates of the stockade?" type mode...
  • 'Lo MONNA isn't it a wonderful day? I've got washing dry and back in the airing cupboard before lunch and have washed a single duvet which will certainly be dry before supper time, just love days like this. Just been for a walk with Cookie and Oh the roses in bloom in the village today, every colour and type you can imagine from tiny patio bushes to rampant climbers just covered in flowers and BEAUTIFUL! and bees everywhere just doing what bees do, I love to hear them while they're at work, particularly when they go inside the foxglove flowers in the garden and seem to be buzzing in a looooooong tunnel and then they pop out backwards covered in pollen, sweet! Hope you're enjoying your peaceful week and not spending ALL of it sorting and clearing, ENJOY THE SUNSHINE!!!!! Lyn xxx.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Mitstm: i was referring to the weather my dear. Nothing more than that. Oh for the day when everything is going well, it cant come to soon. I do know what you mean about wondering where the next smash in the face will come from. It's the waiting that kills you.

Anyway Lyn, I also put out the washing this morning, walked up to the shop and by the time i got back it was dry. Brilliant. I was desperate to make the most of it so I washed the dog's bed. It was a bit lumpy when I took it out of the machine but I'm hoping it will sort itself out a bit as it dries. If not I will put it into the TD with a couple of tennis balls for a few minutes. That is if the dog hasn't eaten the tennis balls.

I have so enjoyed restoring order to the house. All the toys have been sorted. There is a large, discreet bin liner of rubbish destined for the tip. Another bin liner full of soft toys and yet another of bits and pieces that don't seem to belong anywhere. I am suggesting that the latter is kept in the garage and only gone into if something is actually missed. My instinct tells me that she will play with what is left, ( still too much in MHO) and never really miss the rubbishy bits. I have to say that she has the memory of an elephant so will keep it all just in case.

I have also had a good spring clean. I just know that 5 minutes after they have walked in the door the house will look like the aftermath of a particularly riotous jumble sale. Never mind, i feel quite satisfied and have a day off tomorrow as an old friend is coming over from the mainland for the day.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    No roses anything like out up here yet, just my aquilegia.
  • It's the best show of blooms I can remember seeing in the twenty odd years we've been here MAR, they're really lovely and so many of them, makes walking in the heat a real pleasure. I SO hope you get some nicer weather soon, it always makes me feel better if the sun is shining and I know you could do with a BIG dose of feeling better love, I wish I could send you some warm sunshine in the post!!!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Awh ty Mrs L! We've had lovely sun, just the flowers here are a month behind even Edinburgh because of the height. I think tomorrow the rain is coming back though...
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 5,988
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    mar my Aquilegia have just finished flowering, they were such a beautiful purple I'm sorry they have finished. I think I will cut the stalks down to see if by any miracle they may bloom again.

I picked 4 strawberries today and they were delicious! Lots more to come so I hope the weather stays good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure