Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 477
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 19th Apr 17, 8:32 AM
    • 2,840 Posts
    • 33,157 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Hugs burtha, I hope the news isn't too bad.

We arrived at our home mooring yesterday after a nine hour day that included twelve locks, six or seven swing bridges, one that was manned by a very friendly staffie who wanted a kiss and a cuddle, traffic lights on the waterway through the shopping center and when we made it in to the Marina someone else was moored in our place on the jetty. We are on a temporary mooring for now until a place can be found for us.
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 19th Apr 17, 8:38 AM
    • 11,463 Posts
    • 144,249 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    BURTHA last year we were faced with that exact situation, the 20 week scan threw up a cleft palate and the possibility of all sorts of syndromes and problems ahead which absolutely blitzed us, I came here to find the comfort of my online friends and the support you all gave me during the 3 week wait for all the test results to come back from the amniocentesis and genetic checks actually stopped me from being totally desperate and out of control emotionally. I send you and yours all the love I can muster M'dear in this so trying of times. We are very fortunate in that when Orley was born in late December his only problem is a cleft lip which will be operated on some time next month, the palate etc. are sound and will require nothing doing so the result need not be as devastating as your fears are telling you it is right now. The teams of hospital folks were as kind, thorough, gentle and supportive with DD2 and hubby as it was possible to be, the kindness and consideration they were given was second to none and the help available is amazing, even down to the Consultant telling DD that when Orley is 18 he automatically qualifies for a nose reconstruction as one nostril is slightly constricted due to the cleft. My heart is with you all and my prayers are for this to have the best possible outcome for all of you, we'll be with you all the way as you were for us, bless you all! xxx.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

Some people use words to reflect who they want to be, but actions ALWAYS show who they really are!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 19th Apr 17, 9:05 AM
    • 4,415 Posts
    • 46,377 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Thinking of you burtha xx
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 19th Apr 17, 9:42 AM
    • 2,610 Posts
    • 32,973 Thanks
    monnagran
    It never rains but it pours, does it burtha? The waiting time is sheer hell and there is no wrapping that up.
    Don't hesitate to come on here and unload when you feel like it. We may not be able to do a thing to help but we can hold your hand while you are living through it.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 19th Apr 17, 2:07 PM
    • 1,618 Posts
    • 21,055 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Thinking of you Burtha.
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 19th Apr 17, 2:15 PM
    • 3,686 Posts
    • 26,748 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Just sending hugs Burtha
    "Shop" From Stash (5 skeins down!)
    OS Weight Loss 5/3
    • burtha
    • By burtha 19th Apr 17, 9:09 PM
    • 492 Posts
    • 4,776 Thanks
    burtha
    Thanks all, just had a long day , 6 hour travel , with a very long funeral in between , but it was a nice send of and just what they wanted , so not long back and headache from hell , so meds taken and bed soon .
    They have found something wrong with baby's heart , poss half missing or valves not there , but we will find out soon . If it was anything else I would be overjoyed . Dd is amazing and coping well, but we will see with more news how it goes , just feel **** for them , life has a habit of kicking you in the shins .
    X
    • Floss
    • By Floss 19th Apr 17, 9:51 PM
    • 3,530 Posts
    • 26,680 Thanks
    Floss
    Burtha the paediatric cardiac Drs can do wonders nowadays, usually within a few days of the birth once they are aware of the need. Big hugs for you all xx
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 20th Apr 17, 8:57 AM
    • 4,585 Posts
    • 46,161 Thanks
    Jazee
    Hugs Burtha.
    The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread! (#20)May 111.44 Total 4111.44/12000
    Crazy clothes challenge 2017 (#29) 268.64/365
    Money spent on garden 173.05

• silvasava
    • By silvasava 20th Apr 17, 3:11 PM
    • 2,931 Posts
    • 46,797 Thanks
    silvasava
    Hugs for you and the family Burtha xx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 20th Apr 17, 3:29 PM
    • 4,683 Posts
    • 44,444 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    Oh Burtha, there are no words.
    Huge hugs, that's not just a kick in the shins, it's a mighty hack coming in from a hefty booted barsteward of a defender.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 20th Apr 17, 3:37 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 1,809 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Burtha many, many hugs for you and the family.

nan
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 20th Apr 17, 9:38 PM
    • 4,653 Posts
    • 66,076 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Hugs Burtha

Apologies to any I may have offended re Sir Terry Wogan especially VJsMum . I was continuing the banter and only realised my sadly judged error when oil on troubled waters was mentioned .
    Never let me do a dance marathon again!!! The grey cells are dodgy enough without shaking them up .

I also seem to have misread Burthas post about DD . I thought both daughter and dog had given birth . I thought she seemed remarkably calm!

Have done a lot of fleecing and placing of cloches and temperature is diving down . Stay warm all , I don't think we will go down as far as Mar , hope you get the downie balance sorted and get to sleep .

Have just had a marathon phone conversation with middle daughter so will say goodnight and head for bed .
    polly x
    Originally posted by pollyanna 26
    Sorry. Not been off in a huff - i have been on my holidays with little Internet. Spent last night in Colditz castle but escaped this morning. One bus and 5 trains later we are nearly home.

I have never read Terry Pratchett, which I fear is my loss....
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • Floss
    • By Floss 20th Apr 17, 9:46 PM
    • 3,530 Posts
    • 26,680 Thanks
    Floss
    ...I have never read Terry Pratchett, which I fear is my loss....
    Originally posted by VJsmum
    Most definitely. I suggest you try The Hogfather, but leave it a bit nearer to Christmas
    • burtha
    • By burtha 21st Apr 17, 12:55 AM
    • 492 Posts
    • 4,776 Thanks
    burtha
    Just an update, as at the moment don't know what else to say ,
    They have been offered these outcomes ,
    1 . It could be all over very soon ,if they wish
    2. It could be over within the next 16 ish months, if that , if baby makes it through to labour , then at least one operation for a short term fix
    3. Makes to labour and have op and find heart transplant ( slim chance)

Trying to hold everything together for them , whatever happens will end up with the same outcome

x
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 21st Apr 17, 2:20 AM
    • 25,435 Posts
    • 102,467 Thanks
    candygirl
    Sending love and hugs, to you and your family BURTHA, n am also really sorry about little pup xxx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 21st Apr 17, 6:28 AM
    • 3,302 Posts
    • 37,591 Thanks
    camelot1001
    Sorry to hear that burtha, such a difficult time for you all. Sending much love.
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 21st Apr 17, 7:07 AM
    • 13,741 Posts
    • 127,050 Thanks
    mardatha
    That's so hard. Sending you all love, light, & strength to cope with this Burtha.
    • Floss
    • By Floss 21st Apr 17, 7:23 AM
    • 3,530 Posts
    • 26,680 Thanks
    Floss
    Burtha, strength and hugs to you all xx
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 21st Apr 17, 7:42 AM
    • 2,610 Posts
    • 32,973 Thanks
    monnagran
    burtha, I have a card which I wish I could send you. It says........

I promise not to say
    'It will be OK' or
    'it's not fair.'

(and if you need me to punch the next person that does,
    just let me know)

That's just how I feel for you.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,314Posts Today

8,531Users online

Martin's Twitter