Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 343
    • milasavesmoney
    • By milasavesmoney 22nd Sep 16, 5:16 AM
    • 1,450 Posts
    • 11,077 Thanks
    milasavesmoney
    candy girl I don't know how to post pictures either. I've tried many times every way I can think of and no luck.
    Sept $424.41/$500 ~~ 3/6 EF #46 $11,273/$15,000 ~~ Xmas/Bday 2016 $3002/$6500 ~~ WL 2016 ~15 lb
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 22nd Sep 16, 6:45 AM
    • 2,897 Posts
    • 31,666 Thanks
    camelot1001
    So pleased you are getting a new puppy candy, hard work but good fun!

I think I lead a really boring life - no feather boots here!

Good luck at the party monna.
    • Softstuff
    • By Softstuff 22nd Sep 16, 6:58 AM
    • 2,467 Posts
    • 26,270 Thanks
    Softstuff
    Although I didn't know about changing colours previously, I do know about pictures.

You have to host the picture somewhere on the Internet first, I've previously used imageshack. From that you get a url that links you to a forum sized piccy, you copy that. Then on the reply screen you click on the button that looks like a holiday picture in egypt. It'll ask you for the url, paste it here and press return. Job done.

Maybe if someone could make that sound clearer than mud it might be more useful!

I've spent a while trying to chip silicone off exterior brickwork.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 22nd Sep 16, 7:11 AM
    • 2,282 Posts
    • 26,239 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Good news on the shower Softstuff.

Candy, I've seen the pics on FB, she's gorgeous. If you do decide to sell your stuff, don't forget to write a back story, it really helps.

It's that time of year here, the huge wolf spiders are moving in, there was one on the wall behind the sofa yesterday evening. I don't mind them, but my colleague in the next office at work is terrified, so I will be kept busy removing them from her office into mine.

My L&M isn't well, I'm hoping to persuade him to take a few days off and I'll try to get him a Dr's appointment. As of September 5th he has 2 bosses, so every day he get 2 lists of jobs to do usually contradictory and then 2 people complaining that he hasn't completed both lists.
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 22nd Sep 16, 8:05 AM
    • 10,281 Posts
    • 29,210 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    Hester,

Would it be possible for your hubby to talk to someone higher up the pecking order than either of those two people and get the "higher-up" to tell the others that they get him for alternate days - or one has him in the morning and the other has him in the afternoon? I've had to work under that sort of arrangement for a while - so I did some time in one section and some in another and both knew when to expect me.

If neither of them has "allocated time" when he's just theirs then it's an obvious recipe for trouble and they will both hand him their own list and expect him to just use "leftover time" for the other persons list.

Difficult if they are both giving him contradictory tasks sometimes, eg one telling him to "put x there" and the other going "No I want x here" and the "higher up" will need to "square that circle" and resolve any contradictory discussions or say that the decisions of one of them are deemed to be the ones that will take effect.
    Last edited by moneyistooshorttomention; 22-09-2016 at 8:13 AM.
    For every person that tells you you are overthinking - there will be at least one commending you on being "two steps ahead"/planning well/etc.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 22nd Sep 16, 8:41 AM
    • 2,087 Posts
    • 26,928 Thanks
    monnagran
    COFFEE

Nothing seems to be happening. Perhaps it doesn't work on tablets.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 22nd Sep 16, 8:49 AM
    • 2,087 Posts
    • 26,928 Thanks
    monnagran
    I knew it. Mar has told you all the secret of colour printing but kept me out of the loop. Well, see if I care. Black and white is more tasteful anyway, but of course, you would have to be an elegant person of good taste to realise that.

Morning all.

x
    • FairyPrincessk
    • By FairyPrincessk 22nd Sep 16, 9:00 AM
    • 2,036 Posts
    • 20,546 Thanks
    FairyPrincessk
    Morning all,

Candy I'm so pleased you've found a companion for your girlie!

Sofstuff Hooray for showers!

Hester I hope he recovers quickly.

Monna I may or may not find that I always have another obligation during childrens' parties. I love the children in my life dearly, but their parties are another matter.

Well, my work finally arrived yesterday and I also have my orders for next term. Life will be very busy for awhile. Today is a gym day and I have craft group tonight. OH has a parents' evening so we'll barely see each other. Happy first day of autumn to all--I'll be listening to a crackling fire on noisli today. I may not have a fireplace/logburner but I can still enjoy the sound of one!
    • Floss
    • By Floss 22nd Sep 16, 9:04 AM
    • 2,892 Posts
    • 18,383 Thanks
    Floss
    Morning

I'm currently sitting on a stool enjoying the morning sun at the allotment It's my last day before I start my new job tomorrow, so am planning to make it count! Got leeks, garlic and winter onions to plant, but need to weed their beds first Can hear my neighbours chickens clucking, one of the frogs is playing in the greenhouse behind me and the birds are twittering as they fly between the trees - It's fab

Had my induction day yesterday, and have met my new colleagues...there's a lot to be done, but we all seem to be of the same mindset for getting on with it, which always helps!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 22nd Sep 16, 9:42 AM
    • 3,718 Posts
    • 39,502 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Good morning!

We need to do some food shopping today, and as usual I have no idea what I'm going to want to cook this week.

Also need to see if OH feels up to taking at least some of the stuff from under the stairs, to the tip.
    I couldn't believe we still had the "wheels" from the carrycot our girls used when they were tiny babies (they are now 41 and 39). We sold the actual carrycot while still in Germany, so I can't imagine why OH thought we should keep the wheels. They must have been the first item to be stowed away under the stairs when we moved in here 33 years ago, and hadn't seen the light of day since

There are also quite a few things I thought had been taken to the tip years ago, but OH obviously managed to hide them
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 22nd Sep 16, 10:48 AM
    • 2,087 Posts
    • 26,928 Thanks
    monnagran
    Ivyleaf, I think that's hilarious. I've heard of people hanging on to things far beyond their reasonable usefulness, but the carrycot wheels, sans carrycot, treasured for 30+years?

It makes me feel better about the wireless cabinet built by my grandfather in the 1920s that we unearthed from father's garage when we were clearing his house in 2004. It must have survived at least 3 moves and was so big, thick and heavy that my brother had to take an axe to it in the end. I was waiting for father to object on the grounds that he might yet find a use for it.

Now, for my final trick just watch this......

I can [COLOR[COLO[COLOR="lime 0="lime"]="Lime"]change colour.[/COLOR]

Well, I'm working on it.
    Last edited by monnagran; 22-09-2016 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Stupidity
    • Floss
    • By Floss 22nd Sep 16, 2:32 PM
    • 2,892 Posts
    • 18,383 Thanks
    Floss
    Well, I got 2 large beds weeded, turned over & raked, one has been planted with 52 leeks, the other will be planted with 128 winter onions & 18 cloves of garlic Once I had picked 1.5kg of raspberries and a dozen tomatoes I was ready to go home! Am about to soak in a lovely hot bath and prettify myself as DH is taking me out for shopping & food at the Trafford Centre
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 22nd Sep 16, 4:52 PM
    • 2,282 Posts
    • 26,239 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    MITSTM, he has tried to take his problems to a higher authority and been told it's disrespectful to question his line managers!
    He has now been signed off for 2 weeks with Work related stress!
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 22nd Sep 16, 4:52 PM
    • 2,538 Posts
    • 39,379 Thanks
    silvasava
    Oooh Floss - you know how to live it up!! I'm curious - I finished picking Raspberries a few months ago - are yours the winter ones?
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 22nd Sep 16, 5:55 PM
    • 10,281 Posts
    • 29,210 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    MITSTM, he has tried to take his problems to a higher authority and been told it's disrespectful to question his line managers!
    He has now been signed off for 2 weeks with Work related stress!
    Originally posted by Hard Up Hester
    Crikey - I've not heard of that stunt pulled before (ie them trying to say "it's disrespectful"). What an odd thing for them to say.

I'm not exactly surprised to hear you say he's been signed off in the event.

Fingers crossed this works out for him.
    For every person that tells you you are overthinking - there will be at least one commending you on being "two steps ahead"/planning well/etc.
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 22nd Sep 16, 6:30 PM
    • 1,342 Posts
    • 18,436 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Hester I think a trip to Citizens advice is needed while he is off sick. I was going to suggest your MP but as the DWP expects claimants to be in two places at once and can legally sanction you for not doing the physically impossible, it may not help.
    • shanks77
    • By shanks77 22nd Sep 16, 8:13 PM
    • 965 Posts
    • 8,556 Thanks
    shanks77
    mar bit late to the party but glad your news was good. Hope they manage to see u again before January and get you sorted.
    Hester sorry to hear about your other eye I hope they can fix it better than the first one. Also hope your hubby feels better soon.
    Candy girl you must learn how to post photos it is just cruel and unkind to mention puppies with no pictures mean mean mean *stamps foot and pouts*
    Floss that's a lot of work feel tired reading about it but great to have some crops to look forward to over the coming months
    Fuddle glad to hear you are also on the mend take it easy and give your body a chance to heal.
    Hugs to anyone I missed xx
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 22nd Sep 16, 8:14 PM
    • 13,073 Posts
    • 120,430 Thanks
    mardatha
    Does anybody know what you can eat to keep BP down?
    • TiredTrophy
    • By TiredTrophy 22nd Sep 16, 8:21 PM
    • 507 Posts
    • 4,168 Thanks
    TiredTrophy
    Beetroot it is alleged. ...avoid liquorice
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 22nd Sep 16, 8:34 PM
    • 2,897 Posts
    • 31,666 Thanks
    camelot1001
    I hope the L&M can get the rest he needs HH, sounds a strange set up to me.
    Lovely day here, managed to get the grass cut when I got home from work, looking a bit tidier out there. Also emptied all the pots and hanging baskets while they were dry, makes hauling the garden rubbish bin easier next week.
    Long weekend here so Friday and Monday off, bonus!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,423Posts Today

6,708Users online

Martin's Twitter