Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 342
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 20th Sep 16, 8:39 PM
    • 2,274 Posts
    • 26,127 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Mmm, now that's a thought, feather trimmed boots!!
    • Floss
    • By Floss 20th Sep 16, 8:56 PM
    • 2,888 Posts
    • 18,323 Thanks
    Floss
    Mmm, now that's a thought, feather trimmed boots!!
    Originally posted by Hard Up Hester
    Like I said, ticklish...
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 20th Sep 16, 9:20 PM
    • 1,341 Posts
    • 18,420 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Well done Floss hope the next job is good though be warned Charity work can be very elastic. You get volunteered for fundraisers and your husband may too. I worked for a charity for a couple of years. All meetings were unpaid and out of hours but they did all at least end up at the pub.

When my husband asked me before I got in one night "What's Mandy volunteered me for this month" and my kids were being volunteered as well I decided it was time to go back to nursing. I stayed on the committee and everyone enjoyed their part time voluntary jobs until we moved away.

Just be prepared for the charity to become part of your social life.
    • Softstuff
    • By Softstuff 20th Sep 16, 10:26 PM
    • 2,458 Posts
    • 26,171 Thanks
    Softstuff
    I'll go back to talking about my floggers then.
    I have a lovely black one that I'm selling with some matching thigh high boots and elbow gloves with a feather trim. and a purple one that I'm selling with a purple cami top.
    I'd love a pair of thigh high boots, but can't get anything on the left calf with the lump. A friend of mine was gazing lovingly at some, but her problem is she's 5ft nothing and thigh high boots would have caused rather unpleasant chafing.... a candidate for maribou trim if ever there was one.

As for who buys this stuff Monna, you'd be surprised. The bit that shocked me was how dear it all is.

Mardatha, my MIL has a coffee pod machine and it's delicious coffee. I wouldn't mind one eventually.

I'm glad you've ditched it Floss, have a bit of a breather and you'll probably feel the weight lifting.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
    • FairyPrincessk
    • By FairyPrincessk 21st Sep 16, 7:28 AM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 20,498 Thanks
    FairyPrincessk
    Morning all,

I fear I might be under-dressed for this thread. I'm not wearing a stitch of marabou. In fact, the only marabou we have in the house is on a couple of cat toys.

Mar all of the 'pod' coffee I've had has been lovely. We considered buying a machine with xmas money one year but didn't want to feel locked into buying the pods. I'd say it is only natural to be worked up in the situation you were in.

Floss Yipee! Congratulations!

Well, I have a busy day today. I have meetings from late morning until early evening. I'm going to go for my walk early this morning so I won't have to miss it out. OH is making tea. Either Tuna or Lasagna. If I know him it'll be the one involving melted cheese . He is trundling along with his cold and doesn't seem too bad and I don't seem to have it yet. He usually kicks them much faster and more easily than I do but he did get a very bad one last year so I'm keeping an eye on him.

Last night I pulled the wool blanket up over the summer duvet and put on thermal socks. Still summer PJs, but it is starting to get cooler.
    • westcoastscot
    • By westcoastscot 21st Sep 16, 8:01 AM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 14,176 Thanks
    westcoastscot
    WCS, it's the gloves that are feather trimmed, and a right bloody nuisance the feathers are too, they fall off, float around and make me sneeze if they get near my nose.
    The flogger is a bundle of soft suede strips fastened to a handle that is covered in purple leather.
    HTH, Hester
    oh my! not sure whether to blush or applaud!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 21st Sep 16, 9:03 AM
    • 3,710 Posts
    • 39,407 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    oh my! not sure whether to blush or applaud!
    Originally posted by westcoastscot
    Maybe both?

Mar I hope you feel much calmer today x

Floss Good luck in the new job. It's sad that the one you were so pleased to get was so horrible though

Re coffee pods, there's now a shop in the big shopping centre near us that sells nothing but Nespresso machines and pods. i don't know how long they'll manage to stay open, but there never seem to be any customers in there when I walk past. The rents and business rates there are horrific, and saw the demise of my two go-to shops for whenever I needed comfortable shoes or "nice" clothes

I have a small cafetiere which I use just for my first-thing-in-the-morning cup of coffee. Mmmmm
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 21st Sep 16, 9:10 AM
    • 10,249 Posts
    • 132,232 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Morning, house all clean and tidy, He Who Knows out with Cookie and the boiler is turned off.....because we're waiting for the plumber to arrive to service it. We were up early so I've scrubbed both the bathroom and the utility room, beds made, washing sorted out (but not yet done), lounge tidied and vacuumed so as soon as He Who Knows is back I'm going to pop in to town on the bus for some of the big tubs of spices from the Grape Tree where they sell 3 for the price of 2 and I need ginger, cinnamon and ground coriander. I'm also going to look in TK Maximus for some bits towards Christmas, we don't do lots of presents but we DO do stockings and that's always a challenge to find nice but not expensive things for. Hope you all have a good day.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

Some people use words to reflect who they want to be, but actions ALWAYS show who they really are!
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 21st Sep 16, 1:23 PM
    • 13,059 Posts
    • 120,317 Thanks
    mardatha
    I'm not all that mad on coffee as such, but I find it does pick me up a lot and give me energy. I'm looking for nice sweet smooth strong coffee - I hate when it's bitter. I think at work I had one called Arabic that I liked. Sainsbugs doesnt seem to sell the ese pods that I need and Amazon is asking 20+ lol. It's sheer hell being a yuppy!! I'm worn oot!
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 21st Sep 16, 3:52 PM
    • 791 Posts
    • 6,238 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Mar You and Yuppie are two words I never expected to see in the same sentence ! Glad to see you a bit cheerier . I have noticed you have recently taken to posting the word sewage in green , if you recall on another thread WCS and I confessed we didn't know how to type coloured words . I find it ironic that you then posted said word in green Take care .
    polly x
    Off to try to catch up .
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 21st Sep 16, 5:07 PM
    • 13,059 Posts
    • 120,317 Thanks
    mardatha
    Go advanced. Type the world KALE. Then go up to the A up top of the reply box and click the drop down menu beside the A. Then hit B to put it in bold so you can see better.
    Last edited by mardatha; 21-09-2016 at 5:14 PM.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 21st Sep 16, 5:12 PM
    • 2,085 Posts
    • 26,887 Thanks
    monnagran
    Hi all.

Well we all survived the birthday yesterday. No, I did not knit a princess dress or blue shoes but I think I have been forgiven.
    She is having her party on Saturday. I am going to be away for the weekend. These two events are not necessarily connected. ()

Not a lot happening chez moi. Just the way I like it.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 21st Sep 16, 6:20 PM
    • 791 Posts
    • 6,238 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    KALE KALE KALE KALE KALE KALE Sorry Mar just practising , I'll get me coat !
    You've taught me two things that have been a mystery to me so thanks so much .
    Look out world I'm coming !
    One question , how the heck to I get back to black ? or is this part of an evil plan ? I may become that woman who posts in dark green

polly x
    ps Please don't send Nursie .
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 21st Sep 16, 6:24 PM
    • 13,059 Posts
    • 120,317 Thanks
    mardatha
    I've taken the huff and i'm not going to tell you how to get out of it!!!
    • GreyQueen
    • By GreyQueen 21st Sep 16, 6:30 PM
    • 10,031 Posts
    • 191,712 Thanks
    GreyQueen
    KALE KALE KALE KALE KALE KALE Sorry Mar just practising , I'll get me coat !
    You've taught me two things that have been a mystery to me so thanks so much .
    Look out world I'm coming !
    One question , how the heck to I get back to black ? or is this part of an evil plan ? I may become that woman who posts in dark green

polly x
    ps Please don't send Nursie .
    Originally posted by pollyanna 26
    OK, I won't. But click alongside the A on the top of this window and the top lefthand square is the black.

I sometimes play around with the odd colourful word but unless I also bold it like this I find it looks a bit anaemic. HTH.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)

• pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 21st Sep 16, 6:31 PM
    • 791 Posts
    • 6,238 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Ha Ha I had a secret weapon . I read on the new format and when I log in it takes me to the old one I opted to stay with when they rolled out the new one . Logged out and then logged in again . Didn't think the brain was working that well .
    polly x
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 21st Sep 16, 6:34 PM
    • 791 Posts
    • 6,238 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Thanks GQ , nice to see some humanity remains . I thought Nursie was still with Mar ( send her back !!! now . )
    polly
    • Softstuff
    • By Softstuff 21st Sep 16, 11:31 PM
    • 2,458 Posts
    • 26,171 Thanks
    Softstuff
    well, isn't this pleasant.

Seems many of us have learned something new today!

I'm about to learn something else, how to mortar.
    I have a shower screen and can shower this evening I'm sure this will be a relief to all close to me
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 22nd Sep 16, 12:08 AM
    • 24,971 Posts
    • 99,894 Thanks
    candygirl
    LOL HESTER, I have a pair of purple suede, almost thigh high boots, n an assortment of riding crops I no longer need I might try n sell them, as need cash for the puppy fund.Yes gals i'm getting a new staffy girly next month.She is adorabubble No idea how to post pics though
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 22nd Sep 16, 12:58 AM
    • 1,341 Posts
    • 18,420 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    candygirl someone will tell you tomorrow I am sure.

We will look forward to a photo of your staffy. So pleased you have found one. I love staffies they are even dafter than labradores and twice the fun.
    Last edited by nursemaggie; 22-09-2016 at 1:01 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,108Posts Today

4,152Users online

Martin's Twitter