Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • juicylucy398
    • By juicylucy398 1st Mar 15, 11:12 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    juicylucy398
    Tresor Rare Refund Help
    • 1st Mar 15, 11:12 AM
    Tresor Rare Refund Help 1st Mar 15 at 11:12 AM
    Hello,

I'm new to this forum but I would like some assistance as to what my rights are.

Last Thursday I purchased some products for £599 from a shop in central London called Tresor Rare. When I purchased the products I noticed that there was a clear 14 day returns policy for unused/unopened products.

I went back to the store yesterday with the receipt and products (less than 48 hours after purchasing) as I had decided against the products and requested a refund (everything was unopened in its original packaging etc). I was informed that to get a refund I needed to email an 'out-sourced company' who would then email me back a code so the shop could handle the refund. They told me it would take a few days to get a response. I wanted to avoid another expensive trip into London and I had the feeling was being fobbed off. I asked to speak to the manager and was told that the manager was unavailable and no one knew when they would next be in. (I purchased this on my Amex credit card).

I've sent an email, what would you advisory next step to be as this all seems like a scam. On further investigation of Tresor Rare, their website appears to make false comments, for example, the company's established date and location of other stores, which appear to be non-existent.

Thank you,
    Lucy
Page 2
    • JohnnyKingston
    • By JohnnyKingston 13th Mar 16, 7:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JohnnyKingston
    Hard sales pitch, very dodgy practices
    My GF and I had a similar experience to many on this thread. We walked by the Kingston store and pulled in to listen to their sales pitch. First, the salesman plastered a mask onto my GF without asking for permission or whether she had any allergies. Then came the hard sell - approx £800 for two jars but if we bought them today, he would knock them down to £200 each *wink wink*. I told him we would go home and do research on the products to which he said today was his last day and the discounts would expire by EOD.

I suggest googling "tresor rare review" - seems this company has made many unhappy customers in the US.
    • TheOneEyedMan
    • By TheOneEyedMan 18th May 16, 12:10 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TheOneEyedMan
    Dodgy wording
    If you purchased in store and have had a change of mind then they can impose whatever restrictions they like on returns.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    Only if those terms were mentioned before the sale was completed.
    They can't have a sign by the till advertising a 14 day no quibble return policy with no other T&C's stated then when a customer returns goods, give further conditions that must be followed before the return is allowed.
    Originally posted by Hermione Granger
    Interesting that the wording on the sign by the till differs significantly from that on the receipt.
    Sign wording:
    RETURN POLICY
    We want you to be able to shop with confidence.
    That is why we offer a 14 day returns policy for nearly all products.

All returns must be requested within 14 days of delivery or collection. Products must be returned to us within 14 days of the request and in a saleable condition so that we can process the return. All returned products must be in their original packaging with garment tags and any other security devices or seals still attached an in tact.

NON RETURNABLE ITEMS
    In some instances, we are unable to offer refunds or exchanges. This includes personalised and perishable products as well as products which have their protective seals or strips removed or damaged. This does not affect your statutory rights.

Returning an order is easy!
    Please go to (website address blocked)
    Or email to cosmetic at everestm com

Receipt wording:
    "Due to the nature of our products and in accordance with trading standard and fair trade regulations, we reserve the right to withhold refunds or exchanges of cosmetic products.
    No refunds or exchanges after 14 days of purchase date
    This does not affect your statutory rights
    Please keep in touch. For any feedback or questions
    Cosmetic at everestm com
    **EverestMarke Thing**
    34 South Molton Street
    W1K 5RG
    London
    Tel 02086173429"
    • Phoebe271
    • By Phoebe271 1st Dec 16, 3:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Phoebe271
    follow up
    Could you update us with what happened? Did you get a refund?
    • Angeleyez
    • By Angeleyez 12th Mar 17, 9:19 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Angeleyez
    Can anyone help/advise, we purchased a lot of Tresor Rare products recently in London and feel completely duped and stupid, some of the products are opened, do we stand a chance of any type of refund.
    • Bogalot
    • By Bogalot 12th Mar 17, 10:46 AM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 2,553 Thanks
    Bogalot
    Can anyone help/advise, we purchased a lot of Tresor Rare products recently in London and feel completely duped and stupid, some of the products are opened, do we stand a chance of any type of refund.
    Originally posted by Angeleyez
    In a word, no. There are more recent threads about this company and even those that try to return unopened products get nowhere. By all means contact them, but expect to get little help.

Is there anything wrong with the products, apart from the price? How much did you spend?
    • paddyrg
    • By paddyrg 12th Mar 17, 1:26 PM
    • 12,824 Posts
    • 10,923 Thanks
    paddyrg
    Originally posted by Angeleyez
    It's a really dirty sales technique these places use - or several techniques together - including checking you're not local enough to cause problems. If you can get back to the store you could try standing outside and warning away any tourists until they refund you just to get rid of you. It's not like it's a quality product you could buy at a legit shop, it's deliberately exotic sounding and overpriced with deliberately bundled packages so receipts cannot have individual items returned, etc. Given a choice between a fair and honest way to do something, and a shady way, they do seem to prefer the questionable route every time.

It's structured as an almost scam, it's as close to the line as they can get, and possibly over it. They need to remain under the radar so making a big fuss on the premises is likely your strongest card. The tub of goo "worth" £800 and reduced to £200 is in reality a couple of quids worth. Cosmetics are a complete racket. Back in the days of The Real Hustle they opened a shop selling generic (pennies per kilo) emollient/aqueous creme liquidised with fresh parsley, served over ice, etc. I rather suspect a similar setup, certainly from a different but similar store just off Oxford Street.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,021Posts Today

6,766Users online

Martin's Twitter