Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 27th Feb 15, 4:16 PM
    • 254Posts
    • 77Thanks
    MSE Nick
    Refurbished Mobiles guide - official forum discussion
    • 27th Feb 15, 4:16 PM
    Refurbished Mobiles guide - official forum discussion 27th Feb 15 at 4:16 PM
    Hi all,

This is an official discussion thread for our new Refurbished Mobiles guide, and we'd love your feedback. Have you got any pointers on the guide you'd like to pass on, any success stories from following its tips, or any info that'd help other MoneySavers? If so, just click 'reply' to post.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Nick; 27-02-2015 at 4:20 PM.
Page 5
    • erehwon
    • By erehwon 17th Mar 16, 9:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    erehwon
    Carphone Warehouse Refurbished Phones
    Hello

Has anyone had any experience with refurbished phones from Carphone Warehouse?

I sent my phone in for repair and they have apparently lost it! So they have offered me a refurbished phone as a replacement. Would this be 'as good as new'? They state on their web site that it will come with a 12 month manufacturers guarantee, rather than the 2 years I had before, though my phone is now 18 months old.

Any insights into your experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 17th Mar 16, 10:28 PM
    • 7,241 Posts
    • 7,392 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Hello

Has anyone had any experience with refurbished phones from Carphone Warehouse?

I sent my phone in for repair and they have apparently lost it! So they have offered me a refurbished phone as a replacement. Would this be 'as good as new'? They state on their web site that it will come with a 12 month manufacturers guarantee, rather than the 2 years I had before, though my phone is now 18 months old.

Any insights into your experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Originally posted by erehwon

your 18 mth old phone was sent in for repair , this could not be completed (lost it) so they are going to replace it , the replacement will only have the remainder of your original guarantee left on it , in your case the replacement phone will have 6 mths warranty ,
    • erehwon
    • By erehwon 20th Mar 16, 8:28 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    erehwon
    Thanks Papa Golf.

In the end I complained enough (after lots of calls and failed promises) that they gave me a voucher for a new phone. Lots of hard work but a good result in the end.
    • kah22
    • By kah22 14th Aug 16, 9:39 PM
    • 1,260 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    kah22
    Reports would suggest that Apple will release a new iPhone early next month. I'm in the market for a new phone but not necessarily the latest.

Once the new iPhone is introduced how long do you think it will it take for refurbished handsets to drop in price. I assume quite rapidly!. I'd be looking for an iPhone 6s

I'd buy from a major retailer: O2, Argos, some of the major players.

Kevin
    There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met. - William Butler Yeats
    • tinalives
    • By tinalives 31st Dec 16, 6:31 PM
    • 885 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    tinalives
    Refurbished iPhone 6 from O2 - Can't cancel airtime only
    Hi All,

Just a quick note so that no one else gets caught out:

I followed the advice given on an MSE post which suggests that you can buy a cheap refurbished iPhone from 02 by selecting the phone, signing up to the cheapest 02 Refresh airtime tariff, and then cancelling the airtime tariff, leaving only the actual phone contract, HOWEVER, I've just come off the phone from 02 who will not let me cancel the 02 Refresh tariff only, and have said I can only cancel the whole contract and return the handset.
    • Ankitkumar12
    • By Ankitkumar12 17th Mar 17, 11:04 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ankitkumar12
    Best Refurbished Mobile
    Refurbished mobile is best and lowest rate mobile phone, if you want to buy mobile phone with less amount then you can buy refurbished mobile. These phone are good and look like a new phone. If you want to save money and buy refurbished mobile than you can contact Togofogo. Togofogo is best and leading refurbished, Used and Box-opened Mobile, Laptop and Tablet selling portal with huge discounts.
    • d123
    • By d123 17th Mar 17, 11:08 AM
    • 6,510 Posts
    • 4,184 Thanks
    d123
    Refurbished mobile is best and lowest rate mobile phone, if you want to buy mobile phone with less amount then you can buy refurbished mobile. These phone are good and look like a new phone. If you want to save money and buy refurbished mobile than you can contact . is best and leading refurbished, Used and Box-opened Mobile, Laptop and Tablet selling portal with huge discounts.
    Originally posted by Ankitkumar12
    Lovely
    ====
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

224Posts Today

3,208Users online

Martin's Twitter