Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 13,061Posts
    • 46,613Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Happiness Fund (Dec 1st 2017)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 79
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 6th Jan 18, 6:30 AM
    • 3,099 Posts
    • 18,484 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I have seen so many episodes. I am sure I can study Criminology!!!! lol.
    Originally posted by savingwannabe

HAHA I will join you ... although Criminology I did at college never looked anything like Criminal Minds ... nor CSI come to think of it

I am sorry to hear you are struggling with your work SW, I have found it really hard returning to my job this week so I hope it gets easier for you
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 6th Jan 18, 10:06 AM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    SWs statement of Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet

ps I have robbed the forms from Skint Yet Again.

Monthly Income Details
    Monthly income after tax................ 1334
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 0
    Benefits................................ 0
    Other income (from lodger)............................ 500
    Total monthly income.................... 1834

Monthly Expense Details
    Mortgage................................ 750
    Council tax............................. 168
    Gas and electric..................................... 62.00
    Water rates............................. 41.66
    Telephone (land line)................... 19.63 internet & phone
    Mobile phone............................ 10.00
    TV Licence.............................. 12.37
    Satellite/Cable TV...................... 0
    Internet Services....................... 0
    Groceries etc. ......................... 120
    Clothing................................ 0
    Petrol/diesel........................... 0 (whoops that was a mistake)
    Road tax................................ 0
    Car Insurance........................... 0
    Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 0
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 30
    Haircuts................................ 15.00
    Entertainment........................... 100
    Holiday................................. 0
    Emergency fund.......................... 0
    boiler and british gas homecare £26.19
    annual bills............................ 0 (insurance I pay out of savings)
    union fees.............................. 18.88
    Total monthly expenses..................

Secured & HP Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly.. .APR
    Mortgage...................... ?....(750)....0
    Total secured & HP debts...... ?.....-.........-
    Unsecured Debts
    Description....................cc1 Debt......Monthly191.. .APR? I pay this from my £100 entertainment fund. It should be only £100 usually
    Description....................cc2 Debt......Monthly242.. .APR? It is usually £120 minus transport which is my food fundxmas overspend as I didn't keep my xmas fund topped up.

Usually I pay my entire credit card bill from the Entertainment fund and my food fund. This month I didn't budget for Xmas. Hence I am living off baked beans but I will pay it off in full.

car loan.......................0...........0
    Total unsecured debts..........0................- 433

Monthly Budget Summary
    Total monthly income.................... 1,834.00
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 1,373.00
    Available for debt repayments........... 461
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... (433) but I have 120 and 100 towards this
    Amount left after debt repayments....... haven't got a clue as need to drink tea first
    Created using the SOA calculator at www.stoozing.com.
    Reproduced on Moneysavingexpert with permission, using other browser.
    Robbed from Skint yet Again.

This is not looking good. I did go overboard over xmas. I didn't have an xmas fund as I used it for fun and also I did spend a lot over the sales.

I will pay all of this cc debt off this month as I never pay interest. So this month I will not be able to save all of my lodgers money (500) I will use 200 of it towards cc and save 300. The rest of the credit card will go out of next months wages. Yikes I didn't realise how broke I was.

Hello Skinty! I pay the taxi money and credit card money out of my food budget & entertainment budget.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 06-01-2018 at 10:30 PM.
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 6th Jan 18, 10:23 AM
    • 272 Posts
    • 1,933 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    Is the £320 a month for "Groceries etc" covering more than just food? If not then that's really high! Have you considered joining the "Grocery Challenge" thread on the Old Style board for some inspiration?
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Overpayments in 2018 - £0.00 | Lose 1 stone - 0/14lbs |
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 6th Jan 18, 10:54 AM
    • 3,099 Posts
    • 18,484 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Hi SW I see on your soa you have petrol/diesel £30 but don't drive ? Is this taxi's ? Also no buildings / contents insurance or boiler cover do you pay those on your credit card ? I cut out lots of expenses on the calculator that didn't apply to me so it might be worth checking www.stoozing.com
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 6th Jan 18, 10:57 AM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello petals, whoops apologies for making a pig's a**** of this. I pay £120 for food (which I charge to my credit card) and that is plenty (it costs £8 to go to the supermarket each time that's why it's so high). (In the summer I try to walk to keep the costs down. I think the £320 was from when I stole Skinty's SOA).

Ive just realised I use £100 for entertainment (which I charge to my credit card) so I don't owe so much on the credit card. (433-120-100= 213 owed. I can pay this from next months wages and also some emergency savings. lol.)

The £30 for travel comes out of my food budget or my entertainment budget depending on circumstances that month.

Insurance is usually charged to my cc and paid off in one go.

I was a mathematician once. I didn't do accounting can you tell. lol.

After 3 days I have finished my second lot of marking. Several more to go. lol. I'm going to try not to spend tomorrow too and use up food in house.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 06-01-2018 at 10:31 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 7th Jan 18, 8:51 AM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    It's freezing cold so I put the heating on again. I'm going to have a little chill time and then I will start another load of marking.

I had the biggest lie in and it took me ages to put the work into piles. I'm taking this in tomorrow and will find some time to do some more. lol.

I watched some programmes on the tv about losing weight. Where I am going wrong is that I eat food in between meals if I stopped doing that I would be ok. New plan - do not eat between meals.

I might watch some telly t as I need cheering up.

It took me a while to decide I wanted to take a tenant in. I think I have an idea about another income stream. I don't have so much time yet but I am going to pursue this idea in the summer when i will have more time - as they say on all the blogs I need a side hustle especially now that I am supposedly part time. Just keeping this idea in the back of my head will cheer me up and get me through the next week I think.

I must also fill in my driving licence form asap. Then I can apply for other jobs.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 07-01-2018 at 9:01 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 8th Jan 18, 5:03 PM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Work was ok. Noone else wanted to be there either. lol. I spent 90p on teas. It was that or freeze as it was vvv cold.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 08-01-2018 at 5:23 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 8th Jan 18, 6:01 PM
    • 3,099 Posts
    • 18,484 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I'm glad to hear your first day back at work went ok. Don't blame you buying tea its freezing today !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 9th Jan 18, 10:39 AM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I'm so lucky, before Susan left she did my grocery shop for me it cost £29.00 from my food budget. I have a fridge full of healthy food. It's my day off and I have done two loads of washing. House is tidy. Handyman was supposed to fix my posh light but he is returning on Saturday to do it. I spent most of the day fast asleep after rubbish blood sugars. I bought a duvet set for about £9.00 from fleabay.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 09-01-2018 at 7:50 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Jan 18, 8:16 PM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    After a massive sleep caused by high sugars, I did some marking. It's funny now sugars are stabilising this work is easy. I spent £0.90 on drinks today at work. Two weeks till rent is paid by lodger and 3 weeks till payday. Roll on paying off credit card and doing some saving!
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 10-01-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Blood sugars starting to calm down. I am being v strict with my diet. I have been sleeping ever since I finished and haven't done any prep at all. lol.

Ive just seen the new bank account offer and deffo will investigate. hurrah.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 11th Jan 18, 10:17 PM
    • 3,099 Posts
    • 18,484 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I'm glad to hear your sugars are settling and you are feeling better. I have switched to Natwest Select current account (which is free) thanks to seeing email last night as I don't get £1500 a month for the reward account which has a small monthly fee. Hope the £125 goes through !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 12th Jan 18, 4:07 PM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Sugars were bad last night. I realised today at work that the syringe was not working and I hadn't been injecting one of the types of insulin at all for 3 days. lol. I'm slowly starting to normalise my levels now.

I spent £4.00 on food at work!!!!! It was left over in my purse. I deserved it. or maybe not.

I'm hoping to chill and mark this weekend although the handyman should be coming too.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 14-01-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 13th Jan 18, 9:06 PM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Ive done some marking and will carry on tomorrow but I have rested like crazy too.

I tried to fill in the new bank offer but the screen crashed and I can't seem to log on. I'm going for the basic account too as I don't earn enough for a posh one.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 14th Jan 18, 12:19 PM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    So far I have had a massive lie in and ive done admin things.

The bank resent an email to me saying did I wish to continue with my application. I have filled it in. I should receive £125 in April thanks to MSE and Skint Yet Again or Skinty as we have renamed her.

I have also cancelled my Norton Internet renewal as that was going to cost £50!!!! I am sure I can get a cheaper one. I haven't looked yet though.

I did some work and now am chilling. I'm trying to think of ideas to make money that wont exhaust me.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 14-01-2018 at 6:31 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th Jan 18, 8:43 PM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have asked for my account to be switched in February. I spent £2 at work today on drinks. I am vvv tired. I don't know why. It was a long day at work.

I have plenty of marking to do on my day off but I appear to be making progress.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 16th Jan 18, 6:31 AM
    • 3,099 Posts
    • 18,484 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Make sure you are looking after yourself SW, you don't want to get run down and ill too. I am switching bank on 19 jan so 2 salaries will go in by the deadline which I think is 16 March as I get paid less than £1500 a month. You should be ok according to your soa on your level of sałary if you pay the rent in too. Thankfully we don't need to pay £1500 in every month or I wouldn't have been able to switch
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 16-01-2018 at 6:33 AM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Jan 18, 1:04 PM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Ive gone for the basic account same as you as my lodger's money goes into my mortgage account.

One of my friends has visited, I've tidied some drawers in my bedroom and vacuumed. Now I'm resting and then I'm going to do some marking but I shant kill myself after all it's my day off.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 16th Jan 18, 1:46 PM
    • 3,099 Posts
    • 18,484 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Even with the basic select account there are conditions we have to pay in £1500 and log into online banking by 16 march as I understand it, but we don't have to pay in £1500 a month after that.
    https://beta.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/select_account.html#switchoffer

I asked natwest and they said my salary at end of jan and end of feb would count for the £1500 needed for the bonus.
    https://beta.natwest.com/content/dam/natwest/personal/current-accounts/documents/Switching_Offer_Terms_2018.pdf
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 16-01-2018 at 1:59 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Jan 18, 4:54 PM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 46,613 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Bless you for investigating. I am sooo happy. I thought all these switching payments were at an end. This is so helpful for me. I will use their money for my insurance or my xmas fund.

I have got to be so strict now and only meet friends for tea. No more meals out as on £100 spending money I simply can't afford it. Neither can I have any more trips out to London till I have some significant savings.

The handyman has spent all afternoon fixing my John Lewis posh light. Hurrah. So happy. I am going to chill now. I can do some marking at work I hope.

Everyone I am speaking to is stressed at work and looking for another job. What on earth is going on? Is it an age thing? Will it get better? Scary times.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 16-01-2018 at 6:16 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,649Posts Today

11,383Users online

Martin's Twitter