Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 13,057Posts
    • 46,612Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Happiness Fund (Dec 1st 2017)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 78
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 27th Dec 17, 8:35 AM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I feel exactly the same Kittikins.

OMG it's snowing.

I have been ironing and watching tv. Not a lot on. I have 5 blouses left to iron. Can't decide whether to do them today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 27-12-2017 at 2:46 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 28th Dec 17, 7:19 PM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I met my friends in town, whatever I ate has made me sick! so I will be v careful what I eat in future!

I did however buy some lovely tins of biscuits from Debenhams and the tins are fabulous to look at so I am delighted. I also managed to buy some presents for my friends which were in the sales. Everything was half price I couldn't believe it.

I was going to go back tomorrow and do some shopping but it's going to pour with rain so I will just spend Friday doing work.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 28-12-2017 at 7:41 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 29th Dec 17, 4:58 PM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    OK so it stopped raining and what's a girl to do?

I bought presents for next year like MSErs are supposed to.

I bought a drinks thing for brother's birthday and one for lodger's birthday and another present for next xmas. I bought an extra present for mum for her birthday too. I am so happy. Everything is really pretty and I am so pleased. I still have loads of other presents to buy in the year.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 29th Dec 17, 8:15 PM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I'm just thinking aloud.

All my friends are telling me to enjoy my job. I wont have to work as hard as I used to but I am paid a lot less. Thank goodness the tenant has helped me to earn just over my old salary.

Stuff to do this holiday:
    • I must also fill in my driving licence form.
    • Start marking this holiday.
    • Tidy last corner of spare room.
    • Sew some buttons.

Plans for 2018 so far.... (still deciding):
    • I will stop eating out but will meet friends for coffee instead. I just have to persuade them.
    • I will save £30 a month for Christmas.
    • I will save all my rent money after the bills are paid
    • To get thin
      • to buy purple flowers for garden
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 29th Dec 17, 8:53 PM
    • 3,097 Posts
    • 18,482 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Sorry to hear you have been ill do you know or suspect what it was that you ate ? Well done on forward planning for birthdays and preparing for xmas next year it sounds like you have got some bargains in the sales ?
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 29th Dec 17, 9:28 PM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Ive put it all on the card but the prices were great and it will save me some money next year.

The cause could be Debenhalfpriceham's Japanese soup which has some dairy in it and Costalot hot chocolate which although made with soya had dairy hot chocolate powder in it!!!! Silly me.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 30th Dec 17, 8:53 AM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hurrah tis nearly new year. I have put up my new calendars (all pressies) and am v happy even if I am a little fat. It looks nice outside. I ended up ordering extra biscuit tins from the Debenhams website (for friends that liked them).

Ive also ordered some jogging bottoms from fleabay (as the ones in town were so dear). Eventually I will use the cross dresser.

Today I have to take down Christmas decorations, start my marking, tidy a kitchen cupboard.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 30-12-2017 at 9:25 AM.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 30th Dec 17, 9:19 AM
    • 4,899 Posts
    • 43,882 Thanks
    Kittikins
    A kindred present-buying-in-the-sales spirit

Someone asked me the other day how I didn't forget what I've bought as I'm so crazy to buy things early........have they not heard of a spreadsheet?
    Sealed tin saving - trying to put everything under £1 in my purse in there each day
    House deposit savings £52,000
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 30th Dec 17, 9:26 AM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I only did it as I remembered MSErs always say it is a good way to save money for next Christmas. I am so impressed. I have never bought such presents at such low prices before. Quite a few older people were doing the same thing. I overheard them in Debenhams. I'm dead pleased.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 30th Dec 17, 11:19 AM
    • 4,899 Posts
    • 43,882 Thanks
    Kittikins
    I had a look at the biscuit tins, love the gingerbread house one and put it in my basket, but am going to resist......In my parents' house, we have a lot of very old H&Palmer tins, and I do love a good tin (as does KW *swoon*)
    Sealed tin saving - trying to put everything under £1 in my purse in there each day
    House deposit savings £52,000
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 30th Dec 17, 4:30 PM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    My kitchen looks good as I did some cleaning today and that's it. I hope I can pay for all this lovely sale shopping I don't have the discipline that you do I have a 'tin thing' and have picked up quite a few. Maybe it's a tin fetish. lol.

One of my friends is visiting tonight and I am going to nip out to the supermarket £30 spent and £8 on travel. Id rather do that then spend the money on a rip off takeaway which is what I have been doing in the last few months.

I've taken down my Christmas lights and just have some decorations to take down tomorrow and maybe Henry the Tree (but I will think about it as he livens up the house).
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 30-12-2017 at 6:49 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 31st Dec 17, 8:41 AM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    It is raining outside and I have had two cups of tea, vacuumed, mopped, washed whites, jeans which are now drying. I've taken down all my Christmas decorations and am now sorting the tree. None of that going out for New Year Palaver here. I've eaten like a pig all day and am going to sleep it off so I am ready for 2018 tomorrow.

Happy New Year everyone, I hope all your wishes come true.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 31-12-2017 at 8:26 PM.
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 31st Dec 17, 9:03 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 1,920 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    Happy New Year SW, I hope your 2018 proves to be a fabulous one!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Overpayments in 2018 - £0.00 | Lose 1 stone - 0/14lbs |
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 1st Jan 18, 7:06 PM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Thank you so much, today I started some work which is good. I also had to alter arrangements I made with Susan who was supposed to be staying but now my niece is. I will have her company later this week which is nice.

I'm hoping my credit cards etc will all go out tomorrow morning so I can see what I have left. Next months credit card bill is going to be high. lol.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 2nd Jan 18, 5:38 PM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Today I met friends in town for cofee and then went to a hospital appointment. I caught the eye of an old boyfriend from 10 years ago and his girlfriend (who is an older version of me!!!! omg). I did a 90 degree turn and left as soon as possible. Good riddance to that one.

Total spend £5 on toiletries, £5 on tea, £10 on taxis. (£20 in all). I am hoping tomorrow will be a no spend day. I will be marking like crazy and wish my parcels will show up.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 3rd Jan 18, 10:00 AM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The storm was bad last night my garden swing has perished. RIP. I'm chomping at the bit waiting for my second credit card payment to go tomorrow I think to see how little I have left till the end of the month. Baked beans for the rest of the month I think.

On a positive front, the windy weather is good for extra drying so I am doing some washing. I am hoping some of my ordered parcels come. I also ordered two pairs of nice low price slippers from fleabay. Slippers are my weakness but they are essential.

It has taken me 8 hours (over a few days) to finish one unit. Only 6 more to go. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-01-2018 at 5:32 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 4th Jan 18, 12:08 PM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I've had the biggest lie in and am secretly waiting for my parcels to arrive in the late post. One of my orders was rubbish and is going straight into charity pile the other things were great.

I hardly did any work as I have been too anxious about the amount that needs to be done. I will take today off and look at it tomorrow.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 04-01-2018 at 5:49 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 5th Jan 18, 8:13 AM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Right after my direct debits go out I have £100 for the rest of the month for everything. Hence I am on a NSM (no spend month). It is raining outside. I have had several cups of tea.

Plenty of work to do luckily I am feeling more positive today.
    • besttimes
    • By besttimes 5th Jan 18, 11:52 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    besttimes
    Hi savingwannabe, I'll join you in a NSM. I've spent a couple of hours this morning playing around with my spreadsheets in the hope of magicking up some money , but no joy. I've also drunk a lot of tea

besttimes
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 5th Jan 18, 5:03 PM
    • 13,057 Posts
    • 46,612 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have drunk about 10 cups of tea, diet coke and eaten lots of rubbish. I have been working at home - and have made some v slow progress. The good news is it's a NSD and one pair of gorgeous slippers came today.

I am frantically trying to finish my marking before work starts. There is just too much to do. I was feeling down but now I'm better as I know I have made some progress. There is no way I am going to work through my entire holiday one week is plenty on my salary. I'm taking tonight off and am watching Criminal Minds on NOW tv. My niece and her best friend leave tonight I think and Susan comes tomorrow morning.is it's a NSD and one pair of gorgeous slippers came today.

I have seen so many episodes. I am sure I can study Criminology!!!! lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 05-01-2018 at 8:31 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,255Posts Today

9,056Users online

Martin's Twitter