Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 12,939Posts
    • 46,499Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Happiness Fund (Dec 1st 2017)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 76
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 5th Dec 17, 4:19 AM
    • 12,939 Posts
    • 46,499 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello to be honest the food was so pants lodger and I had half of it and put rest in the bin. What a waste of £21 from my birthday fund.

I was supposed to go for a blood test but my sugars were too high. This was caused by eating chocolate. Today I am going to do something positive and ask lodger to bring cross dresser into kitchen that way I can work on getting thin. I am hoping the endorphins from this will help my depression rather than me constantly sinking into an abyss of comfort food.

Also I will go to pharmacy and buy some eye ointment for an eye infection. Then I have plenty of work to do.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 05-12-2017 at 8:25 AM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 5th Dec 17, 8:36 PM
    • 12,939 Posts
    • 46,499 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    On the positive side I haven't spent any money today. I spent most of the day resting. I did a bit of work and tidied. I was ill today and that coupled with thinking about my job made my depression worse.

My lodger is the opposite he says he doesn't let himself get down. He has been out once with his friends and has picked up a girlfriend already and is spending his second night with her. I can't believe how fast he is!!! It's quite funny in a way.

I'm having a hair cut tomorrow and also I might jump on the cross dresser for a bit (as he kindly moved it out of the garage into the kitchen for me). What else can I do to snap out of it?
    • blue_mango
    • By blue_mango 5th Dec 17, 8:54 PM
    • 392 Posts
    • 1,368 Thanks
    blue_mango
    I'm having a hair cut tomorrow and also I might jump on the cross dresser for a bit (as he kindly moved it out of the garage into the kitchen for me). What else can I do to snap out of it?
    Originally posted by savingwannabe
    May I ask what are you calling a cross dresser?... Surely you don't have a man dressed like a woman in your kitchen?

A cross trainer, maybe?
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 5th Dec 17, 8:58 PM
    • 12,939 Posts
    • 46,499 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Yes a cross trainer but a cross dresser sounds much more fun.

I could ask lodger to wear a dress though. Wonder if he will do it if I reduce the rent???????
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Dec 17, 4:50 PM
    • 12,939 Posts
    • 46,499 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    We went to London on Saturday. Winter Wonderland was interesting and we did plenty of walking, then Harrods. We had a few nice meals. Total spend £100 but we had so much fun.

Today I have been recovering and doing washing but unlike Skint Again I have been unMSE and been using the dryer like crazy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,012Posts Today

7,774Users online

Martin's Twitter