Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 12,945Posts
    • 46,507Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Happiness Fund (Dec 1st 2017)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 72
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 10th Oct 17, 7:09 AM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Very strange dream SW, I couldn't resist googling the meaning of peas and it seems to be a good sign that you will have good health and financial wellbeing for many years.

Enjoy your day off !
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    3. shop once a week - no "top-up" shops - no unnecessary spending !!
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Oct 17, 11:44 AM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I hope so Skint Yet Again as I feel right now that my life is pretty pants. Once Rigsby moves in I will be able to feel a bit better financially. I was up from 2-4am so caught up with some sleep with a huge lie in.

British Gas are coming this afternoon. I will be starting counselling today too - over the phone as I am too tired to visit them. I am ironing today and if the weather holds I will dive out and mow some grass.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Oct 17, 4:57 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Today was a NSD at work. So far this week I have only spent about 40p on teas.

I saw some of my old friends from an old job and was made to feel v welcome.

Yesterday British Gas changed my thermostat and my timer and central heating is as good as gold. So glad I am a member. I will not ever cancel it again.

I have lost something at work and hope I can find it. It has all my work in it. It definitely isn't at home nor in my room, I hope I can find it in a tour of the other rooms tomorrow as it will save me so much time.

Rigsby might come for a visit tomorrow or over the weekend. I hope I will have a nice tenant. Things are so down at work I really need something positive to keep me going.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 11-10-2017 at 6:12 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 11th Oct 17, 9:59 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I am glad your boiler is sorted SW. One less thing to worry about. Hope you find your work stuff.
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 12th Oct 17, 6:04 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Work stuff was in a room at work!!!!! I was so thirsty I bought a diet coke £1.35 - but sugar went up to 23 so I wasn't thinking rationally. It is fine now. Next time Ill just drink water.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 14th Oct 17, 6:48 AM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I am glad you found your work stuff. Wow that's bad from diet coke I always thought diet drinks were ok as there is no sugar - this is the problem with no testing I have no idea what affects me. I am glad you are ok now
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 14th Oct 17, 8:38 AM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Oooh, I didn't explain that well at all. I'm sorry. I bought the Diet Coke as I was thirsty as my sugars were so high. Diet Coke didn't cause it. It helped me to feel less thirsty even though I should have drunk water.

I haven't been sleeping so well at night so I am cutting all caffeine after 4pm which is sooooooo hard. Today is going to be a good day. Noone is visiting and I am going to chill in my pjs. I am going to have a chill out weekend.

Two lots of washing done. I have ironing to do and some mowing of grass. Tomorrow I am mopping and cooking food. I will also go to the local corner shop as I only need ham and salad and it takes too much time to get to the supermarket.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 14-10-2017 at 5:49 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Rigsby came today. He is lovely and can cook better than me. We have agreed contract and he is coming tomorrow to sign in front of witnesses. We are all going to eat Chinese too.

No matter how rubbish work is, work'll be fine.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 15th Oct 17, 9:48 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I am so pleased your new lodger sounds lovely. I am so happy for you that you will have some extra money
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 15th Oct 17, 10:22 PM
    • 4,845 Posts
    • 43,601 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Hooray for Rigsby! and yay for Chinese
    Sealed tin saving - trying to put everything under £1 in my purse in there each day
    House deposit savings £52,000
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 18th Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Hope all went well with Rigsby SW When does he move in ?
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Oct 17, 8:55 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I think on the 31/1st November. My smart male friend thought he was fine and I think he will be.

Guess which idiot put the fire on in the downstairs lounge whilst some plastic snow globes (jolly expensive) melted slowly on top of it. It took me half an hour to figure out what the smell was. My friend stopped by and luckily realised and helped to scrape off the plastic from the top of the fire. So embarrassing but a sign that I am sooooo tired and a bit down.

I do hope things get better soon.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 19th Oct 17, 2:59 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    This weather doesn't help its so cold and miserable. I hope you are feeling better soon (((hugs)))
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 19th Oct 17, 6:24 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I am hoping I get better over the holiday as I keep feeling really down. One day to go. I spent £1.30 at work on soup and tea today. Needed comfort food.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 21st Oct 17, 8:50 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    First day of hols, I have been tidying a little. Darling niece is here so I am happy now. Blood sugars been low making me upset. . I think it will be ok but just cant see the wood for the trees at the moment.

Am going to stay with the boys tomorrow and am looking forward to being with them. I hope seeing the New Forest and Lymington coastline will help me to get some perspective back. Mum and dad are coming next weekend. Rigsby moves in on the 1st. Hope it's going to be ok.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 22nd Oct 17, 7:59 AM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Have a lovely break SW x I am sure things will be fine once Rigsby moves in.
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 23rd Oct 17, 6:53 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I went to the boys house bawling and scared. They were darlings and hugged me, fed me and made me feel happy and safe. No more crying. How on earth do I meet such wonderful people?????? I adore them.

I came back late today and Susan is here now. As long as I am not alone I am ok. I feel much better. Gosh it is dark. I had my hair cut today too. I spent tooo much but I don't care. I had to get away as I was just panicking.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 23rd Oct 17, 11:17 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    (((Hugs))) SW. Thank goodness for your good friends. They say you get the friends you deserve ! . Don't worry about the spending too much I am sure you will be back to saving next month x
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 23-10-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 25th Oct 17, 6:39 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have been getting used to my new tablets. I feel nauseous but have been to visit friends in Chichester. They are both authors and doing soooo well. There is life outside of work and I must remember that.

Today I felt sick again (side effect of pills) so all I did was catch a taxi to the supermarket. I bought fluffy pj tops as a treat and healthy food. Total spend £45.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 26th Oct 17, 6:59 AM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Oh you poor thing SW hope the tablets settle down its awful when you feel sick but I am glad you have still been able to get out and about and enjoy your week off x
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,273Posts Today

5,955Users online

Martin's Twitter