Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 12,776Posts
    • 46,332Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Happiness Fund (Dec 1st 2017)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 69
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 31st Aug 17, 6:11 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    As long as you have enough money to pay all your bills and food and you are not going into debt I agree with you on the shoes Why not decide in future you will only buy stuff if you sell enough to cover the cost ? Glad you had a nice time with parents and brother came in handy too lol.
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    3. shop once a week - no "top-up" shops - no unnecessary spending !!
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 31st Aug 17, 7:21 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Bless you, I used my ebay sales money which I should have saved really. But I am selling some books on the weekend which might bring in some extra cash I hope.

We had severe rain here - My second load of washing had been out for two hours and was nearly dry! till the heavens opened. Ive left it out on the line and hope it will dry tomorrow. I've just been tidying today. No work done at all.

I tried to pay brother for hard work but he wouldn't take any money! He went bonkers and said that's what family does.

From now on I am not paying for meals out but will try to go to car boot sales if my friend can take me as I love them. I will still go out but I will only have coffee or diet cokes to keep the cost down and I think I can manage.

This weekend, I am going to take some pictures of my house and list on a local site to see if anyone is interested in renting a room since my expected agency international students failed to materialise. I might also ring an estate agent about it on my day off next week.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 1st Sep 17, 5:21 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Just escaped. Managed to get some cds from someone who wanted to get rid of them. 6cds for only £.50.

So glad it's the weekend. I am putting my thinking hat on and will plan an advert for my spare room. Also may do some sorting of my garage and storage room.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 1st Sep 17, 10:17 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    £50 !!!!!!!!!! What happened to a frugal September ??? lol
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 3rd Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Noooooooo I spent 50p. Lol.

I have spent £1.72 this month so far. I am keeping a spending diary. I did spend £16 on gorgeous shoes on Thursday (from fleabay sales fund) and they arrived on Saturday morning but nooooo more luxury purchases from fleabay at all as from now.

So far I have done some cleaning, changed bed sheets, cooked a hot meal. Am chilling.

I have also seen some internet videos of how to save money. I'm not buying anything silly at all this month. Everyone is getting £10 presents for birthdays and Christmas. Going to check how much I have in savings fund.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-09-2017 at 5:16 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 3rd Sep 17, 10:31 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Noooooooo I spent 50p. Lol.
    Originally posted by savingwannabe

Thank goodness I thought you'd lost your marbles there for a minute lol. I'm sure the family will be relieved if you all set a budget of £10. Even if they don't want to, stick to your guns SW its the thought that counts not the cost of the present
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 4th Sep 17, 3:46 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I was so down at work I bought myself a bag of crisps and some tea. I did take my own teabags. Total spend £1.10.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 4th Sep 17, 10:51 PM
    • 4,751 Posts
    • 43,122 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Oh dear, hugs SW - hope tomorrow is brighter.
    Marmite jar savings - first counted on 6.8.17 £67.80
    Current £94.35
    House deposit savings £50512.62
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 5th Sep 17, 9:15 AM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Last night I found out they were going to change my job again by text! I cried a lot. Now blood sugar is 21 but it seems like they listened. I think it is going to be ok now. I hope the day gets better.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 05-09-2017 at 9:05 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 5th Sep 17, 3:21 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Oh SW I am so sorry to hear more bad news about your job I hope you are ok x What an awful thing to find out bad news by text ! They should be ashamed.
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 5th Sep 17, 4:42 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I'm used to it. lol.

I was still v upset but my hairdresser came and cut my hair and took me for a drive and cheered me up so I feel better. Cost £15.

The sooner I can rent out a room the more secure I will feel. Here's to my new life.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 09-09-2017 at 8:03 AM.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 5th Sep 17, 10:27 PM
    • 4,751 Posts
    • 43,122 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Heck, 21!!!! That's rather errrm, scary?! Hope you've managed to get down to a healthy level.

I can't believe your employer thinks they can ride roughshod over you like this - are you in a union? Sounds like they need to start getting involved, as this seems unfair in the extreme.
    Current £94.35
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 8th Sep 17, 7:43 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I can't do anything. I will cheer up once I do an ad to rent my room out.

Thurday and Friday were no spend days. lol. Hurray.

Susan is coming down tonight and staying over for a few days.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 09-09-2017 at 8:03 AM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 9th Sep 17, 12:00 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Well done on the NSD, have a lovely time with susan
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 9th Sep 17, 11:02 PM
    • 4,751 Posts
    • 43,122 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Good news on NSDs and hope you have a lovely couple of days. Will send lovely tenant-vibes your way...
    Current £94.35
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Sep 17, 8:27 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello thank you v much. Susan is here. I am happy after being vvv down. The boys have visited twice now this weekend and kept hugging me. I am squished now but happy.

We were treated to Pizza Express gorgeous meal yesterday by Susan. Then today we went to Asda and bought lots of healthy food for only £31. I also bought some foundation v cheap on fleabay for £17 plus postage and this will be all I need for this year at work. It is an essential. I charged all this to my credit card.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 10-09-2017 at 8:46 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 10th Sep 17, 8:59 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I am glad your friends are cheering you up SW. Its family and good friends that help get you through these struggles.
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 10th Sep 17, 9:31 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    What horrid work place SW! Changing things so often is bad enough, but doing it by text is just disgusting - if they can't say these things to your face it's because they know it's highly unreasonable and they don't want to deal with the fallout (upsetting you)
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Make £3 a Day in September2017 - £15.90/£90 (2017 total - £164.27) | Womble #03 - £4.32 | Overpayments in 2017 - £749.69
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 46,332 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    It's horrid but that's the way this place is now. Anyone old is being replaced by cheaper people and side lined like me. I'm going to try to make it work. We shall see.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 11th Sep 17, 7:23 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 18,076 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    That's the problem when you are expendable, same as me. Too scared of losing our jobs to rock the boat ! However if they are trying to increase your workload above what you can do in your reduced hours I would look to the union for advice SW. Your health has to come first x
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,085Posts Today

8,079Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin