Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 12,945Posts
    • 46,507Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Happiness Fund (Dec 1st 2017)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 63
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 5th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Yay to the start of your holidays

I hate flying ants too !
    Hope the lady from the agency turns up tomorrow. Food show sounds fab
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    3. shop once a week - no "top-up" shops - no unnecessary spending !!
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 5th Jul 17, 8:25 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Oh bless you!

I hope I can paint tomorrow. I have given the garden a quick watering. I spent £2 on junk food and ate the lot. I was supposed to go on the cross trainer but I ate so I have something to burn off tomorrow
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 6th Jul 17, 8:43 AM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The lady has just been to visit. I need a gas safety certificate but she loves the house and says I will be fine. They have to do a DRB check too. I already have one but they have to do it again as they are a new employer. I should be having students aged 18-25. It is quite exciting.

My friend should hear about the terms of his redundancy payoff today. I hope it is ok.

I painted my garden table, did a clothes wash, and walked to supermarket bought loads of fruit and took a taxi back - cost was £29 in total.

My fleabay parcels arrived and my new red posh coat fits beautifully so I am selling the other two. The red shoes look great and fit!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will also sell my Ladybird Book collection to see what I can make. I also have some garden compost bins I might be able to sell so I will see if they are in a sellable state. I will work on photos and adverts tomorrow and post them at the weekend.

All in all, it's been a good day.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 06-07-2017 at 4:41 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 6th Jul 17, 10:14 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    That's really good news about the student letting SW, it sounds really positive. I hope it all works out for you.

Look at you in your red coat and red shoes
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 7th Jul 17, 12:31 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Afternoon all, Ive tidied front garden and cleaned the windows at the front of the house. It took most of the morning. House is tidy. I will do some ironing outside and then start taking pictures of things i want to sell eventually on fleabay.

Weather is lovely- warm but bearable. :
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 7th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Enjoy the weather SW forecast looks ok for the weekend in the south
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 7th Jul 17, 5:51 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    We have a breeze now. Hurrah. I keep falling asleep.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 8th Jul 17, 7:45 AM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    3Dogs arrived last night at 9. I was half asleep and let her in and went back to bed. I am sooo embarrassed but I was so tired from yesterday.

Today I have taken pictures of ladybird books, coats and will post them on ebay. Also I washed the windows at the back of the house. I might tidy in the garage as I have nothing to do.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 08-07-2017 at 9:48 AM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 8th Jul 17, 8:28 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Susan is staying with me and she is a vegan so we had salad and pasta - I have been on a diet for 2 days. I am dying for crisps etc. I was supposed to go for a walk but dropped out as it was too hot and I kept snoozing in the sunshine.

I have a great tan on my legs! We sunbathed in the garden.

Tomorrow we go to the Allergy Free and V Food show in London. It's 4 food shows in one, this is the third time I am going and it is great. Steve is going to sit with me in the back of the car - I'm going to be pinching his bum for the journey- Don't tell him. lol.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 9th Jul 17, 9:52 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Steve is going to sit with me in the back of the car - I'm going to be pinching his bum for the journey- Don't tell him. lol.
    Originally posted by savingwannabe

Oooo you are naughty SW

Hope you had a fab day at the food fair
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Jul 17, 8:35 AM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Blimey did we did eat! lots but it was all nice healthy stuff - I am lactose intolerant and diabetic, susan is a vegan, the boys eat anything and we ate so much.

I have come back with a collection of free pens and this healthy eating stuff which will make my skin look amazing I hope. I didn't get to pinch Steve's bum as I fell asleep in the car on the way there and on the way back.

Total spend £12 on tube day ticket, £20 on meal and drinks as Susan (3Dogs) used loads of vouchers. The weather was glorious and we saw London at its best.

We saw an estate agents where you can rent flats for ridiculous prices. How on earth does anyone afford to live in London now? Does anyone know anyone that can still afford to live there?

Today I am going to do some exercise and some work too.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Jul 17, 6:03 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I spent £10 in supermarket. I walked there and 3dogs gave me a lift back which was lovely. I did 15 mins on the cross dresser this morning. I am sooo unfit.

No work done yet. I will do some typing in a while.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 11th Jul 17, 10:09 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Sounds like you had a lovely time in London and lovely foods at the food fayre. Well done on 15mins on cross dresser !! Have you managed to list anything on fleabay ?
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 12th Jul 17, 7:15 AM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello petal, l listed a whole load of clothes on fleabay and so far they have had some views but no one wants them!

We went to Lymington yesterday and had a great one hour walk by the sea and in the countryside close by. I also popped into a few charity shops too. We went to a Cash and Carry to see what they had and I bought a small crate of Coconut Water for £4. I will just drink that whenever I get peckish and hopefully that will make me thin.

It looks like there was a lot of rain yesterday. I am v glad for the garden. It looks really windy outside at the moment but it will calm down later. I am going to do 30 mins on the cross trainer today when the weather calms down a bit. I also have to do some work for work.

From the Show, I had some free samples of a product called 'beauty and go' it's a drink full of healthy stuff and I am hoping it will transform my skin. I just looked up the price of it - £3 for a small container. OMG. It's out of my budget I will stick with water.

I did 30 mins on the cross dresser this morning and will try to do some jogging on trampoline tonight as I am fat. When you go to London and you see skinny people you realise how unfit and fat you are. They all walk so quickly so they cant be anorexic it is me that is overweight and now I have to face it before my doctor says something. I feel quite happy now. It must be the endorphins.

3Dogs is having a lie in till 12 and hairdresser is coming to do her hair then. I have some work to do but I will leave that till this afternoon. Tomorrow my friend is meeting me for lunch and we are going for a walk but I don't know where too. If I keep walking when I have free time I will be happier and healthier. Plus it is free. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 12-07-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 13th Jul 17, 5:24 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I spent £16 on drinks and also a meal for me. Yum. I walked along the beach. I might not do any exercise today as tired. I will have a nap as i've just got back.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 13th Jul 17, 6:28 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Sounds like a lovely day SW, you are on holiday so its good to relax !
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 14th Jul 17, 7:45 AM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I did 20 mins on the cross dresser so far. I am going to do an hour all day but space it out but I don't think I will burn so many calories.

I am putting together a charity bag of clothes as I want to get rid of some more as my wardrobes are too full. I am going to be ruthless. I cooked a lovely spaghetti bolognaise and this afternoon I will mow the grass.

I am hoping today will be a NSD.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 14-07-2017 at 1:53 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 14th Jul 17, 6:22 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Well done on the exercise SW. Don't get rid of all your smaller clothes in the charity bag as you will need them with all the weight you will lose
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 14th Jul 17, 6:36 PM
    • 12,945 Posts
    • 46,507 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Ive kept some Skint Yet Again. I only did 25 mins as my legs hurt. I hope this means I am going to lose weight. I am meeting friends tomorrow and will also try to fit in a walk along the beach too.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 14th Jul 17, 7:02 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 18,363 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    If you do a bit each day it will soon build up. Have a lovely day tomorrow I am off to the local church fete with a friend in the morning, hope it doesn't rain !
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

686Posts Today

4,430Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin