Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 12,835Posts
    • 46,386Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Happiness Fund (Dec 1st 2017)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 57
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th May 17, 8:31 PM
    • 12,835 Posts
    • 46,386 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The M&S switch was amazing. I didn't really benefit I gave the vouchers to my parents and they were so grateful for them. Go for it it was so good.

Ive applied to Coop but haven't heard a thing other than I was approved. Am waiting for paperwork to arrive???

Work was fine. I did work at home tonight too. Weather was glorious. It was a NSD.

The builder is getting really tired (this week's work really has been a faff and he has tried so hard under difficult circumstances) and I don't want him to get ill so I have said to not rush and to finish the job by next weekend.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th May 17, 5:52 PM
    • 12,835 Posts
    • 46,386 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Coop have sent me my account details. Yay.

Work was busy. I came home and sat in the garden swing for a while and am cooking a sinful lot of chips and popcorn chicken.

I have quite a bit of work to do but I might wake up early to do it as I am too tired tonight. Today was a NSD. I deserve a rest.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 11th May 17, 7:14 PM
    • 2,916 Posts
    • 18,178 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Good news about the co-op account SW.

Two NSD in a row

Chips and popcorn chicken.... yum yum !!
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    3. shop once a week - no "top-up" shops - no unnecessary spending !!
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 12th May 17, 5:03 PM
    • 12,835 Posts
    • 46,386 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello thank you I am so happy. Work was ok, someone upset me by being really nasty and having a go at me but I have written an email to her and our boss and the union saying her behaviour was rude and I wont stand for it in future. If you don't nip it in the bud they get meaner. No way. I am finally starting to be assertive.

All is well otherwise, most of the work is done in the house. Builder is just going to finish off and then I need to mop tomorrow and we can move the furniture back. Hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plenty of work to do for work. The joys of having a job - which I do love thank goodness.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 12th May 17, 6:36 PM
    • 2,916 Posts
    • 18,178 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    That's awful for you SW. Well done for sticking up for yourself !

We are having a new manager at work and more staff moves, everyone is unsettled again waiting for the news. Its good that you love your job. I am glad I can leave my work at the door when I leave work.

So the end of your renovations is in sight I bet it will look so lovely when its finished and all your new furniture is in place
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 14th May 17, 9:13 AM
    • 12,835 Posts
    • 46,386 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello I gardened yesterday and today I am going to do 'work' work in the garden in between washing (as weather will be gorgeous) and tidying. Builder should finish today??? and I am hoping I can move furniture.

The weather looks great but it not boiling yet I hope it picks up as I would love to catch a bit of sun. Birds tweeting in garden, insert Rhubarb and Custard music. And the day is progressing well.........
    • bobobski
    • By bobobski 14th May 17, 10:07 AM
    • 647 Posts
    • 1,482 Thanks
    bobobski
    I'm glad the Co-op application has gone well SW, you'll be a bank tart before you know it

I'm SO PROUD OF YOU for how you handled the bully at work. Well done

How exciting that the builder is finishing soon - you will finally get to admire and enjoy all of your hard work!

Hope you have a fab Sunday SW x
    #18: Save 12k in 2017: £9,192.05 / £12,000 (76.6%) | #86: Save £12k in 2016: £8,476.09 / £10,000 (84.76%)
    House deposit by 31/12/2020: £19,491.34 / £60,000 (32.4%) | Emergency fund by 31/12/2020: £1,443.13 / £5,000 (28.8%)
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 14th May 17, 7:16 PM
    • 12,835 Posts
    • 46,386 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello I did some work and some housework too. I might not finish the 'work' on principle as most of it is for the bully. I will stick to 3 hours a day and that is plenty - if its not done I wont cry tears. I don't owe that person any goodwill.

Tomorrow I should be able to move furniture back into room, visit my ill friend and maybe do a bit of work for an hour or two. It is expected to rain next week so today's sunshine was amazing and has cheered me up.

I am shattered now, it's been a long day so I might have a nap.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 14-05-2017 at 7:18 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th May 17, 6:32 PM
    • 12,835 Posts
    • 46,386 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I helped to move furniture back into the bedroom today and then I visited ill friend. I have to do several jobs still eg hang curtains and put my clothing away but it is so good to have my bedroom back. I wont move in till the weekend when I hope to complete the jobs.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 15th May 17, 7:32 PM
    • 2,916 Posts
    • 18,178 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    SW I bet it looks fabulous ! I hope your friend is feeling better soon x
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th May 17, 9:08 PM
    • 12,835 Posts
    • 46,386 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello I moved furniture around in the bedroom today and now it looks even bigger. I like this layout.

Work was fine. Nasty person was disgustingly nice to me today I just said hello back after a biiiiiiig pause. Someone must have had a word I know one of my friends vvvvv high up did too. I mowed 2/3rds of the grass before it rains tomorrow and am hoping to do the rest at the weekend.

It was a NSD!!!!!!!!
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 17th May 17, 4:36 PM
    • 2,916 Posts
    • 18,178 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I am glad you are not getting any more nastiness at work SW
    Well done for cutting the grass, I pottering in the garden for an hour last night and cut back some more shrubs before the rain started.
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th May 17, 6:37 PM
    • 12,835 Posts
    • 46,386 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Work was fine. I have plenty to do tonight and a looooong day tomorrow. Roll on the weekend. Today it rained and I had to pay for transport £3 spent.

Holidays in one week and two days. Hurrahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th May 17, 9:01 PM
    • 12,835 Posts
    • 46,386 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    It has been raining all day. I have had a loooooong day at work. Only one day left till the weekend and I can start to unpack the rest of my clothes and work in the garden to chill. Hurrah!

Today I spent 20p at work, not quite a NSD but pretty close. Yay.

I didn't save anything in the kitchen fund this month as I have spent so much on building work but did pay all the mortgage as that is the priority. Next month I will be back on track. I have £13 cash and just enough to cover my bills till payday, I will be using my credit card for shopping. I lent some money to a friend and am waiting for it to come in which is why I am a bit short will be living on my credit card for the next two weeks!!!!

I am hoping to just buy fruit this weekend so I don't have to go to the supermarket.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 18-05-2017 at 9:05 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 19th May 17, 1:23 PM
    • 2,916 Posts
    • 18,178 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I hope the weather is nice for the weekend SW, it would be nice to get out in the garden. Its sunny here today after all the rain we have had.

At least your building work was all paid for and not on the credit card, so a few days shopping wont break the bank
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 19th May 17, 6:35 PM
    • 12,835 Posts
    • 46,386 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    It's the weekend. Hooray. I'm hoping to tidy the house, sit in garden and chill!
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 20th May 17, 8:02 AM
    • 2,916 Posts
    • 18,178 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Morning SW the weather looks promising today so I hope you have a lovely day relaxing in the sun
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 20th May 17, 4:58 PM
    • 12,835 Posts
    • 46,386 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    It hasn't been such a good day it rained and then was windy. I did a food shop for £30 (some lovely cheap price whoopsies) and spent £8 on travel!

I have been tidying round house and did a wash too.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 20th May 17, 5:22 PM
    • 2,916 Posts
    • 18,178 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Its been a day of sunshine and heavy showers here today too, but supposed to be nicer tomorrow. Well done on the whoopsies and all the tidying and washing, you have been busy.
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 21st May 17, 10:47 AM
    • 12,835 Posts
    • 46,386 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hellooooo, I am just waking up. I did wake up at 5am and watched telly and then slept again as I was cross the sun wasn't shining.
    It is now.
    Plan for today and tomorrow:

Wash whites
    Unpack two black bags
    Vacuum upstairs again
    Cook some chicken
    Mop house
    Ironing
    Feed orchids
    Make bed in spare room

Sort out and put away paperwork
    Tidy spare room
    Dust
    Do 'work' work outside
    Clean bathroom
    and mow grass
    I have a meeting re my new job role tomorrow. Yikes. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 21-05-2017 at 7:24 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,823Posts Today

9,302Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• This is a good brief summary of the evidence I have to the lords on the problems with our student finance system... https://t.co/LQqggZMlgH

• Follow Martin