Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 12,570Posts
    • 46,013Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Savings Fund(Nov 2017) £7000/£8000 84%
    Happiness Fund (Dec 1st 2017) £60/£600
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 50
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Mar 17, 8:10 AM
    • 12,570 Posts
    • 46,013 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    My friends are great. They are so funny. One of my work friends visited yesterday and Steve rang up not realising. Because they are worried I am down he keeps ringing up saying funny things on the phone.

Yesterday I passed the phone to my work friend and Steve said unknowing it wasn't me: ".. Hello I am doing a survey on ladies knockers..." he always says that to make me laugh as he knows I am quite small in that dept. Anyway M (a male who knows Steve luckily) burst out laughing. I am still shaking - he is soooo funny.

It is horrid outside. I have to write a lesson today and I might move my cookery books into the kitchen again as I really have to start cooking a wider range of meals.

I hope you are all ok. It does look rather grim outside, I hope it gets better.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 18th Mar 17, 11:14 AM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 17,647 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Yesterday I passed the phone to my work friend and Steve said unknowing it wasn't me: ".. Hello I am doing a survey on ladies knockers...
    Originally posted by savingwannabe

No wonder that cheered you up !

I remember when I was married we had both dozed off in front of the tv one night and I got up and said I was going to bed and he said he would be up in a minute. But my ex-OH was still downstairs and the tv was really loud and it was keeping me awake. So I used the house phone at the side of the bed and dialled what I thought was his mobile and said "Are you coming to bed" ... it was the wrong number Thankfully the guy who answered saw the funny side !
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    3. shop once a week - no "top-up" shops - no unnecessary spending !!
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Mar 17, 8:34 PM
    • 12,570 Posts
    • 46,013 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    So funny!!!!

I spent the rest of yesterday fast asleep and then I read a bit. Plan for tomorrow is to do a lesson then maybe make some soup? or bolognaise. I haven't decided yet what to do with the tomatoes. I do have some salad in so I don't think I need to go to the supermarket just yet.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 19th Mar 17, 7:16 AM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 17,647 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    It feels good when we can use up what we have in rather than shop. I am trying to use up stuff and not throw anything away.
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 19th Mar 17, 9:33 AM
    • 12,570 Posts
    • 46,013 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have seen a book case which can hold my garden things and I am going to bid. It is £15 in nearby main city. It will tidy up the last bit of my garage. Hurrah and I can use my survey money. The auction ends on Wednesday I will be good till then.

Steve and Andy said no. Apparently they and Susan have a plan that I am not supposed to know about. So I have been told not to bid.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 19-03-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 19th Mar 17, 10:42 AM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 17,647 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    [QUOTE=savingwannabe;72274157]

Steve and Andy said no. Apparently they and Susan have a plan that I am not supposed to know about [QUOTE]

Oh how exciting a nice surprise to look forward to
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 19th Mar 17, 5:50 PM
    • 12,570 Posts
    • 46,013 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I think they are getting me one for April. I have been told not to buy one. They are always doing stuff like this.

I have just finished my work. This lesson took all day to write. It is rather brilliant even if I do say so myself. Blimey I am tired. Luckily no marking to do this weekend.

It's been an NSD. We are half way through the month.

This week I will do a healthy food shop- Monday - walk to town and back to save money and weight,
    Tuesday/Wednesday - plant gladioli
    empty the chest of drawers in my bedroom
    and try to lose weight.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 19-03-2017 at 8:01 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 20th Mar 17, 2:41 PM
    • 12,570 Posts
    • 46,013 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I had a one hour walk. Heavy breathing after 20 mins as I am so unfit. Did a shop and carried the food back. Spend was £17. I still have £13 I can spend on food this week and I saved £8 taxi fare.

If I do another shop later in the week then I will be fine. I bought some lovely fruit all yellow stickered. Only reduced by about 20-30p but every bit helps.

Very windy on way back and I just missed the rain. It was a loooong walk and I am cream crackered. I hope I have lost some weight today.

Nuffink done as I slept.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 20-03-2017 at 8:17 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 20th Mar 17, 7:14 PM
    • 12,570 Posts
    • 46,013 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Tuesday - to do sort out chest of drawers and put all odds and sods away so nothing gets dust on it when wardrobes are taken down.

I've done all of the chest of drawers. . Everything is going into sacks in spare bedroom. Weather is v sunny but v cold. I might mow the grass as the weather will change this week. Am happy but wish it weren't so chilly. I will wear a warm jacket to mow grass.

I have done just over half the grass and am so tired. Going to sleep will try the second half later.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 21-03-2017 at 2:11 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 21st Mar 17, 3:18 PM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 17,647 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Don't overdo it SW .. remember you are still unwell !! Hope you feel better after a sleep x
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 21st Mar 17, 5:55 PM
    • 12,570 Posts
    • 46,013 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    You are right. I had a massive hypo and ate three spoons of sugar to get rid of it. Then I slept for 2.5 hours. Just woke up. lol. I feel shattered. Still that is most of my work done. I just have to write a lesson tomorrow. Am having sausage sandwiches and then I will doze in front of telly.

I thought I should do it as it is going to rain tomorrow and the weather will get colder.

One week and three days till payday.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 21-03-2017 at 8:55 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 22nd Mar 17, 6:44 PM
    • 12,570 Posts
    • 46,013 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    MSE have organised a fantastic offer of Hidcote and Munsted lavender plants with Thomson and Morgan for only £4.95. I have just ordered them. The lavender will save money as i wont need to buy them every year like I do with the expensive plants I usually do. Mum says that lavender spreads it is like a weed. The impact isn't so great it is a bit boring. But it will go with my purple slate and I do like their smell though and they are so cheap and don't need much looking after other than watering unlike my usual expensive plants which will be about £27.

I have been asleep all afternoon. I just woke up and saw phone messages from everyone about terrorist attack in London. OMG.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 22-03-2017 at 8:06 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 23rd Mar 17, 12:53 PM
    • 12,570 Posts
    • 46,013 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I was supposed to clean the oven but as I only cleaned the doors but I don't have any oven cleaner only the glass cleaner stuff so Steve's cunning plan to keep me busy has been foiled.

Am just chilling. I ordered some lobelia seeds too including postage it is only £2.49. So my garden has only cost £7.90 in total. That's amazing. I was so tired again today and slept all afternoon!

Tomorrow if the weather is good I am going to walk to the supermarket and get some more food.

I am deciding what to do over Easter. I might stay here and go out with the boys and go to the Midlands over the summer instead. I think that will be better for my voice as they don't expect me to talk all the time whereas my parents will as they get so excited. I can do some gardening and chill out too.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 23-03-2017 at 6:48 PM.
    • snozberry
    • By snozberry 23rd Mar 17, 7:39 PM
    • 1,184 Posts
    • 2,150 Thanks
    snozberry
    I can't stand cleaning the oven
    Save £12000 No. 96 in 2017 £4750/£6000

• savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 23rd Mar 17, 7:50 PM
    • 12,570 Posts
    • 46,013 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Neither can I. I only cleaned the door last week. Skint yet Again has the medal for oven cleaning on this forum.

7 days left till payday. I can't wait. I think I have been good so far this month. Once I pay off this credit card that's it and I wont run up one for more than £70 again.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 24th Mar 17, 2:45 PM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 17,647 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Well done on the plants SW I did have a look at the website and they have some good deals but I have to wait until my fence is replaced at Easter and then see what is left in the garden pot !
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 24th Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    • 12,570 Posts
    • 46,013 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Today I went to drs to request a dr's note for next week. Then I went to town and I came back with £10 of food and fell fast asleep.

I am shattered. lol.

It's going to be a good weekend. I am going to make chicken curry tomorrow . Then I will plant the gladioli the gang bought me and get the garden ready for the lobelia I ordered. I also have to do some work. That's plenty for the weekend.

I just tried to open the oven cleaner so I could cover the wiretrays. I have rubbish feeling in my fingers so I have been unable to open it. I will ask a neighbour tomorrow. Kitchen is now tidy.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 24-03-2017 at 6:28 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 25th Mar 17, 7:05 AM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 17,647 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I struggle with safety caps too. Especially bleach where you have to squeeze both sides and twist at the same time. I can sometimes manage it with a betterware thick rubber bottle/jar opener I bought but otherwise its DS or the neighbours too

It sounds like your garden is going to look lovely you have inspired me to try and do some weeding in my raised bed this weekend
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 25th Mar 17, 9:33 AM
    • 12,570 Posts
    • 46,013 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Morning it is bright outside but a little nippy. ###
    I have put some clothes out to dry.

I have been digging one of the flower beds up. Getting rid of weeds to put in the lobelia seeds.

My neighbours kindly opened up the oven cleaner and I am using it to coat the metal bits. I am leaving it to soak overnight well impressed. After 5 mins it looked amazing. I still need to tidy out inside of oven. But that can wait till next wek

Tonight I will cook a curry, then plant gladioli tomorrow.

I think I can talk and it hurts only a bit. I thought I was cured then one of my work friends came and it hurt. When I spoke to neighbours it hurt more. Still it is better than before. At least I am making a noise now.

Now I am reading a book. Will cook indian rice in a bit. Weather is turning a bit chilly. Am not sure if the lobelia will take I should have put it in greenhouse but I am not so fussy this is the year of being creative so I have just sown it one month early and hope for the best.

Five days till payday. Not that I'm desperate or anything.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 25-03-2017 at 8:27 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 26th Mar 17, 8:26 AM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 17,647 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    You managed loads yesterday too SW !
    Sorry to hear your throat is still so painful.

Gladioli sound fab, always make me think of Dame Edna I must admit I'm a fend for itself gardener - if its in the garden all it gets is a tidy and a bit of pruning - it either lives or dies as I don't do watering !
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 26-03-2017 at 8:29 AM.
    Aims for 2017 -
    2. no takeaways !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,299Posts Today

9,128Users online

Martin's Twitter