Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 11,949Posts
    • 44,797Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Kitchen Fund( Nov 2017) £5550/£8000 68?%
    Christmas Fund (Dec 1st 2016) £70/£600 A Tiny%
    Note to self: DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON FLEABAY
Page 37
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 27th Aug 16, 9:53 AM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have set up a new account and after payday I shall sort out direct debits into it for next month and then sort out a transfer if the bank offers are still on.

I was expecting heavy rain and there still isn't a sign of it. I walked to the local supermarket and did a healthy food shop on my credit card. It has hurt my legs so I should have burned a few calories. lol.

I have put up an item to sell on fleabay. A pair of shoes that are as new. Please let someone buy them.

Here's to a weekend spending little and chilling. Yay. 3 days off from work. Hurrah. All being well I shall paint the back fence on Monday.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 27-08-2016 at 3:14 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 29th Aug 16, 12:05 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have been painting for an hour and all is going well. Weather is glorious. Yay. Hopefully I will be able to do half of the painting today and the rest over the week once John can move the boys barbeque out of the way as it is too heavy for me.

I am so pleased I haven't spent any money other than on groceries. I keep seeing things on fleabay and then deleting them as I do not need them.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 31st Aug 16, 6:57 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I haven't spent any money at work since I have been back which is great. My wages hit my account last night and once the direct debits go out however I will be poor.

This month I will transfer some direct debits to a new account so I can benefit from a cash bonus from a newer account. I will benefit from £150 which will help the Christmas pot or my kitchen fund. Desperate times are calling for desparate measures i think. I hate being poor.

The weather has changed and i haven't been able to paint my fence yet.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 31-08-2016 at 7:27 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 1st Sep 16, 12:52 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have taken today as my day off and am painting my fence. It has taken 7 hours but i have painted one side again and the other side once only. Hurrah for good weather. It is a fab way to de-stress and is making my house look nicer. Yay.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 01-09-2016 at 6:55 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 2nd Sep 16, 7:44 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    After a long week at work I have treated myself to two jogging cds. One was 3 pounds and the other just over £4. I wanted a cross trainer but it was too big for my house so i didn't bother in the end.

I didn't spend anything at work all week. I am saving my pennies for my tv aerial etc for switching to freesat/view in two week's time.

Despite having 9 watchers no one has bought my shoes on fleabay. Maybe everyone is feeling poor too.

I just wish this austerity nonsense would end I wonder when we will have proper economic growth again? It would be so good to be able to go shopping and buy anything. The problem is I think I have changed my ways so much i wouldn't buy much as it would clutter the house. But it would be good not to worry about money. I am glad that I have a decent job at least and a good roof over my head.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-09-2016 at 6:08 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 4th Sep 16, 3:49 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I spent today creating resources for work. I reckon I have about three weeks done in advance including the work I did in the hols. It took a while but but I am glad to have done it and I also decluttered my bookshelf too and now there is a pile for a charity shop. Housey is top to toe tidy as parents are visiting this week.

On Tuesday I hope to buy tv things and also seat covers for my chairs. I hope it isn't too expensive as I am trying to save on cable tv costs by having freesat etc. lol. 16 working days till payday has a good ring to it. Do i sound desperate????
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 04-09-2016 at 6:06 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 6th Sep 16, 8:02 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Today I was ill and only managed to buy the material for the seat covers (it was only £12 and the staples were £5)and helped my mum to upholster 3 out of the 6 new seat covers. Blimey it was really hard. I thought it was easy and everyone could do it from hearing my friends talk about it. lol. I am not crafty at all. Blooming useless.

No work work done at all. I will be burning the midnight oil later in the week.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 06-09-2016 at 8:13 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 7th Sep 16, 5:06 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I woke up early this morning and caught up with my work. Then at work I did lots!!!! Plenty more to do!!!!

Weather is glorious. I am going to enjoy it and mow the grass! Parents have been doing all my garden and mum is doing the rest of the upholstering now. They are stars.

An NSD. No money spent at work now for two weeks. lol. A miracle and a sign of things to come hopefully.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Sep 16, 11:31 AM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    OK I fell off the spending wagon. I bought dad a new satnav as a late birthday present (bargain price of £70)and yesterday had a glorious meal out with 3dogs, CraftyHants, Steve and Andy and friends! cost £26 and drinks were £10 (that's £106/£120 spending money for the month). One of my friends bought me a beautiful hat which I will wear to work as it is so pretty.

We got in at 2.15pm. Am still recovering. Am washing a few clothes then spending day in bed. lol. Weather is glorious. I might do ironing in a bit outside to pop music. Other than food I can't buy anything extra this month. Yikes.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 11-09-2016 at 7:23 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 13th Sep 16, 3:02 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have spent just over £400 on freesat for my house after much travelling around finding all the equipment and booking people to set it up. I will have it in 3 rooms and one of the boxes will record and I can use internet too. I didn't think it was going to be that expensive but I suppose it is an investment. Freeview is rubbish in my area so I had to do this. I have put it on my credit card and will have to take money out of my kitchen fund to pay for it. Yikes.

I also tried to set up dd's on my new savings account but it wont allow them so I cant use this to get a new account and a nice lump sum. Well never mind at least I know that I tried.

This has taken most of the day and now I am about to have supper and chill. I was going to work on my day off but don't want to. I am so grateful to have a job when I see how so many folk are struggling in the current economic climate.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 13-09-2016 at 6:07 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Sep 16, 8:58 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I am cancelling my cable tv tomorrow after 18 years with the same Company and also my phone. I will switch to Freesat tv and Sk* broadband and phone who have a fab deal on. I am hoping to save loads.

I will be back on Tuesday. Have a lovely weekend all.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Sep 16, 5:15 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    For some bizarre reason Virgin haven't disconnected my broadband but have disconnected my phone. I logged on to their site and I am officially no longer a customer of their broadband. I hope I don't get charged for this.

I haven't spent any money this weekend. I have spent about 10pounds on collections as everyone is leaving work or having kids.lol. 7 working days till payday.

One of my injections broke about 7 days ago and I only just realised today. So blood sugars will go back to normal by Monday 2am I hope. It has wiped me out but the weather was glorious so all I did was mark, sit in the sun and drink lots of water. lol. Cheap aren't I ??????
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 20th Sep 16, 5:09 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Well there is a problem as my BT signal isn't working despite all the wires. Luckily I am still using old bb as they forgot to disconnect it although they did disconnect the tv and phone. I have to contact Sk* and they will sort out when the BT man is coming to find out why I don't have a signal. (It's something like that but I don't understand as it's too complicated. lol).

Any how I have been listening to the radio a lot and doing housework. It is ok but I do miss the tv and phone.

Susan (3Dogs) is coming to visit. One of her lovely dogs has just passed away due to illness so I am glad she is here and visiting the boys too as she needs to take her mind off it. She is such nice company. She is bringing me an Ab machine to work on my tummy muscles and waist as although I have lost 12 kilos I want to lose some more specifically from my waist and abs area. I reckon if I lose another 7 kilos I will be happy again. I want to go back to a healthy weight of 48-50kg . All I did for about two years was eat rubbish food so it would be good to get rid of some of it.

No money spent yet. But I need to go grocery shopping sometime soon.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 20-09-2016 at 5:12 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 21st Sep 16, 9:31 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Sky connection has been repaired. I have broadband and phone yay. So happy. I will wake up at 4 to write lessons for tomorrow as it took ages to set up the Hub properly.

They are sending a £75 mastercard voucher. Am not sure what it is but every little helps. lol.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 24th Sep 16, 8:52 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I spent £20 on grocery this week. Susan has stocked up on some lovely whoopsies at bargain prices so I am eating really well over the weekend.

Today i had my flu vaccination and then I went for a walk to Southsea beach it was great walking weather. I got a lift so it was a NSD. The best kind. I came back washed and dried some clothes and fell asleep for 3 hours. House is tidy. The boys are slowly decluttering the garage as is John the builder and when it is clear i am getting a cross trainer.

Roll on Friday it'll be payday. I am planning to have a low spend month in October as my credit card bill will be v high (with the £400+ free sat cost) however the initial outlay will pay for itself in terms of the money i will no longer be paying to my old cable company. I can't believe that I have spent over £8000 in just over 17 years on V*rgin. And the man I spoke to on the phone didn't seem concerned that i was struggling to pay the ever increasing costs. I wish I'd known how much it would cost when i first started using cable. Blimey, that is a few long haul holidays, or a new kitchen, or a car or a landscaped garden or a new bedroom. The mind boggles.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 27th Sep 16, 7:29 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I had my flu vaccination on Saturday and have had a fever since I may have had a bug before I went in I wish i'd known. I spent today in bed and haven't done any work. I will wake up early tomorrow and write a few lessons let's hope I am better before then.

The builder came and repaired my posh John Lewis Lights as there was a problem with them. The house is tidy and I had much sleep. I am glad I rested as I feel utterly broke. Roll on payday.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 27-09-2016 at 7:32 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 30th Sep 16, 6:09 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Yay payday.

Money spent so far
    £20 for IT help, £30 to sponsor two charity events.

I got a £75 mastercard voucher in the post (as I signed up for Sk* broadband and telephone) and hope I can use it for groceries as I want to reduce spending to pay off two big credit card bills this month and next month.

I have just applied for a credit card with M&S as it means I can get £25 of free vouchers for xmas. I clear my creditcard every month so I am a v happy bunny. I hope I get it. I am going to use the vouchers to get socks!!!!

Don't you just love MSE. I cannot think how much I have gained since I have been on this site

I looked after my niece this Saturday and then I did some prep for next week today. One of my most arduous tasks is complete. I just have marking to do and one more admin task and will try to do this over the week. I treated myself to 2pairs of second hand jeans (only £16 instead of £100) as my old ones no longer fit. Hurrah for a good weekend. I will probably kick myself for this later but I do need to wear clothes that are not falling off. lol.

Spending for weekend £16 jeans and £4 on snacks and birthday card.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 02-10-2016 at 7:59 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 4th Oct 16, 8:53 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I keep looking at fleabay and finding amazing bargains. Luckily Steve and Andy keep talking me out of bidding. I am not allowed to buy anything this month as I am poor. They have to pick up the pieces when I panic about being nearly overdrawn.

I must repeat this. I am poor. I have no spare money. I can only buy needs not wants. NEEDS NOT WANTS. If I keep saying it I will believe it.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 7th Oct 16, 5:29 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Seven days in to this month and I haven't spent anything at work. OMG. The new me. I keep looking at fleabay and looking away. I hope it lasts.

I have a long weekend of marking ahead but I am going to chill too.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Oct 16, 8:28 PM
    • 11,949 Posts
    • 44,797 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I bought some hot drinks at work today as it was FREEZING. Where are my thermals??????? I spent just over £3 on hot drinks.

I have the heating on at home. Hurrah. Plenty of work still to do so I will be doing lots tomorrow too.

After all my bills have been paid I have £150 left in my account. This is due to a huge overspend on my credit card last month. lol. I am being v good. No more spending till half term.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,911Posts Today

6,223Users online

Martin's Twitter