Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • leafyant
    • By leafyant 10th Feb 15, 6:33 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 1Thanks
    leafyant
    Pinecone Research
    • 10th Feb 15, 6:33 PM
    Pinecone Research 10th Feb 15 at 6:33 PM
    Not sure if this is the goth forum to drop this in, but I was reading on MSE earlier about the research company Pinecone.

Anyway, I've just managed to sign up using the link at the following address:

http://www.surveypolice.com/pinecone-research

Apparently, their membership is a bit hard to find, and you can't apply directly, and allegedly you get £3 per survey? (I've only just joined, so I don't know how accurate this is). Anyway, I thought I'd post the link up for anyone else that might be interested.

Page 14
    • S0litaire
    • By S0litaire 5th Oct 17, 8:12 PM
    • 3,358 Posts
    • 2,128 Thanks
    S0litaire
    No reply,

But I was able access the survey the next day.

You'll have to email them, the date of birth is a recent thing so it might not be set up in your account.
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
    • MissPop
    • By MissPop 5th Oct 17, 9:15 PM
    • 624 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    MissPop
    I've given up with Pinecone. I appreciated that it was a guaranteed £3 when I got the survey invite, but the website just stopped working for me. I kept getting a "please log in to reset your password" message, which obviously I couldn't do. I emailed them and they said the issue had been sorted but the next time I tried it said the same thing. I've not had an email invite since.

Utter pish
    Make £2017 in 2017 - £1302.50/£2017

2017 totals
    GiftHulk - $125 | Swagbucks - £350
    Prolific Academic - £272.23 | Valued Opinions - £40
    • princesse_sarah_x
    • By princesse_sarah_x 11th Oct 17, 1:47 AM
    • 224 Posts
    • 512 Thanks
    princesse_sarah_x
    I loved pinecone! I get a survey about every 6 weeks now though :'( which i've done but i've had problems logging in for MONTHS to redeem my rewards, keeps sending me in a reset password loop, have contacted them for help but I get as far as not receiving the password change confirmation email, so still can't log in has this happened to anyone else?
    • Tinman
    • By Tinman 11th Oct 17, 12:42 PM
    • 695 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    Tinman
    I've given up with Pinecone. I appreciated that it was a guaranteed £3 when I got the survey invite, but the website just stopped working for me. I kept getting a "please log in to reset your password" message, which obviously I couldn't do. I emailed them and they said the issue had been sorted but the next time I tried it said the same thing. I've not had an email invite since.

Utter pish
    Originally posted by MissPop
    Ditto.
    Even though i still had £40 in my account
    • mitchb
    • By mitchb 14th Oct 17, 4:14 PM
    • 625 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    mitchb
    I has this password loop thing and they told me my account had been closed as I hadn't responded to a survey asking if I still wanted to be a participant - Find this strange as always responded to pinecone as good paying.

Anyway after discussing with them I had no option but to sign up again as a new user and now get £3 a survey instead of the £4 I was getting
    • aife
    • By aife 18th Oct 17, 11:49 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    aife
    I just ditched a survey because I am so bored of getting questionnaires for laundry detergent. I must've done half a dozen now and they're always tedious.
    Originally posted by OneYorkshireLass
    the ones that do my head in are the 'is a brand for people like me' , 'how close do you feel to this brad ?' Who are these people that feel 'close' to their detergent ?
    • sharpe106
    • By sharpe106 19th Oct 17, 12:08 AM
    • 339 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    sharpe106
    the ones that do my head in are the 'is a brand for people like me' , 'how close do you feel to this brad ?' Who are these people that feel 'close' to their detergent ?
    Originally posted by aife
    It when you say you have never heard of the brand then they ask you that as well, what use it to anybody.
    • jeanmd
    • By jeanmd 23rd Oct 17, 4:13 PM
    • 2,213 Posts
    • 25,017 Thanks
    jeanmd
    Pinecone has an invitation to join on the free postcode lottery's survey draw today. You will probably have to join, but it's free and I've never had spam, not have I won but plenty of people have.
    https://freepostcodelottery.com/survey-draw/
    Thank you to everyone who contributes to mse.

"Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most" - Unknown Author
    • S0litaire
    • By S0litaire 23rd Oct 17, 5:01 PM
    • 3,358 Posts
    • 2,128 Thanks
    S0litaire
    It when you say you have never heard of the brand then they ask you that as well, what use it to anybody.
    Originally posted by sharpe106
    It's too get a baseline on your initial thoughts of a brand/item.

Like if you are asked about a soap powder called "clubbed seals" would you Like or dislike it based on that name.

Then if picked, you find or that it's actually really great at getting ground in dirt, fat and blood out of clothing in just few hours seep in cold water and you loved that. It turns out dispute the name you love the powder..

response to the exit questions after testing the product can be compared to your initial thoughts.
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 23rd Oct 17, 6:05 PM
    • 35,515 Posts
    • 233,351 Thanks
    mjm3346
    Ditto.
    Even though i still had £40 in my account
    Originally posted by Tinman
    Never accumulate rewards beyond a redemption threshold on a survey site, if a site goes bust you get nothing - if the site closes your account you get nothing and some sites actually expire rewards so again you get nothing.
    • MO2
    • By MO2 12th Nov 17, 12:52 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 253 Thanks
    MO2
    No response to email & Site Enquiry
    I have sent 2 e-mails and 1 via Pinecone site enquiry on 31 October 17, but I haven't heard a response back from them yet.
    I have not had an invitation email to participate in a PineCone survey since July 2017. I have been an active member of Pinecone panel and I have always completed surveys/projects on a regular basis since I joined in March 2015.
    Does anyone has the same issue? Is there another way to contact them?

Thank you so much
    • Ivana B Rich
    • By Ivana B Rich 12th Nov 17, 5:01 PM
    • 271 Posts
    • 366 Thanks
    Ivana B Rich
    I have sent 2 e-mails and 1 via Pinecone site enquiry on 31 October 17, but I haven't heard a response back from them yet.
    I have not had an invitation email to participate in a PineCone survey since July 2017. I have been an active member of Pinecone panel and I have always completed surveys/projects on a regular basis since I joined in March 2015.
    Does anyone has the same issue? Is there another way to contact them?

Thank you so much
    Originally posted by MO2

I find responses to email can be hit and miss

Have you checked the settings in your profile?

There's a frequency setting, I change mine between unlimited and one a day if I haven't had a survey for a while. Also there's a holiday (vacation) setting which obviously should be set to not on holiday.
    Saving a house deposit. Member no.7 100% of target

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 12th Nov 17, 7:50 PM
    • 4,154 Posts
    • 9,042 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    I recently emailed them and had no response. However, the item they were sending me did turn up a couple of days later.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £33,807.40
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,313.50
    • MO2
    • By MO2 12th Nov 17, 8:27 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 253 Thanks
    MO2
    Thank you for the reply.
    On my profile I have checked the setting for:
    Frequency : 1 Study per day
    Vacation: Not scheduled
    • Ivana B Rich
    • By Ivana B Rich 13th Nov 17, 2:27 PM
    • 271 Posts
    • 366 Thanks
    Ivana B Rich
    Thank you for the reply.
    On my profile I have checked the setting for:
    Frequency : 1 Study per day
    Vacation: Not scheduled
    Originally posted by MO2
    You could try changing the frequency to unlimited. I've done this in the past and usually get an invite 2 or 3 days later. Possibly a coincidence though
    • elsien
    • By elsien 13th Nov 17, 8:24 PM
    • 15,442 Posts
    • 38,780 Thanks
    elsien
    I'm struggling to get a reply as well. I can log into the site now, but when I tried to access a survey it wouldn't let me log in properly. No response to the email asking why.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 16th Nov 17, 3:15 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Did other people recently get an email asking to fill out household questions?

It asks what type of products you buy. However, it requires that each question in the column has an answer, but when selecting one it deselects the other answer, so will not continue.
    • betterlatethannever
    • By betterlatethannever 20th Nov 17, 7:04 PM
    • 5,074 Posts
    • 53,643 Thanks
    betterlatethannever
    Did other people recently get an email asking to fill out household questions?

It asks what type of products you buy. However, it requires that each question in the column has an answer, but when selecting one it deselects the other answer, so will not continue.
    Originally posted by Marvqn1
    No, but i got one last week saying it was a paying survey, yet the questions came across in the household question format and it ended after three sets of very long questions,
    I contacted them and did get a reply, several days later saying there was an issue that had been resolved.
    I then spent 20 minutes, entering the info again, for the same thing to happen where it just stops and says thats all the questions for you today, yet again, the email says its a paying survey.
    Again i contacted them but no reply this time
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 20th Nov 17, 7:55 PM
    • 4,154 Posts
    • 9,042 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    I've not been reimbursed for sending a product back to them, despite the letter saying I would be compensated.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £33,807.40
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,313.50
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

214Posts Today

1,426Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin