Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 9th Feb 15, 10:26 AM
    • 489Posts
    • 278Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy
    • 9th Feb 15, 10:26 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy 9th Feb 15 at 10:26 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Zog Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 8
    • Thriftysaver
    • By Thriftysaver 13th Oct 16, 10:31 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    Thriftysaver
    I've just completed my first year with Zog on 10th October and have been really impressed with them. So much so, I have signed up for their Mercury 24.

Likewise I wish they did electricity too. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.
    "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." George Bernard Shaw
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 2nd Nov 16, 11:30 AM
    • 163 Posts
    • 108 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    It looks like there's been a fairly hefty price increase in the last couple of days as Zog have now dropped well down my CEC list and for my usage is showing an increase of £9 per month over my existing Mercury 12 tariff instead of the £3 per month rise it was showing until recently.
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 2nd Nov 16, 12:15 PM
    • 2,871 Posts
    • 1,470 Thanks
    lstar337
    Mine is showing a £3 per month increase, but they are now 6th in the list for me. Still nobody coming even close to my current deal with Zog.

The best is a £22 increase with Cardiff Energy Supply Ltd.
    • MCGONIS
    • By MCGONIS 10th Nov 16, 11:56 AM
    • 605 Posts
    • 725 Thanks
    MCGONIS
    I have recently switched to them. Applied online 20/10/2016 and went live on 10/11/2016. They have kept me updated throughout by email about the switch and so far I am happy with Zog. (hope that helps someone)
    • heathrow
    • By heathrow 28th Nov 16, 1:55 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    heathrow
    Zog are small and reliable. Good service when switching.

They also produce a monthly statement - so if you provide meter readings you avoid estimates.
    • Farway
    • By Farway 28th Nov 16, 2:43 PM
    • 4,898 Posts
    • 4,085 Thanks
    Farway
    Only recently switched, Oct / Nov. All easy and smooth with regular progress update-mails, first DD went out a couple of days ago

So far only supplied two readings, but it was painless

Only drawback I can see is there does not seem to be a "my account" section, showing consumption, money in etc. Maybe there is and because I'm newbie not much to be in there yet
    • eande
    • By eande 28th Nov 16, 2:48 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    eande
    Been with Zog for 2.5 years now - no problems at all.
    If only all the other energy companies could follow suit.,..
    • Mr K
    • By Mr K 28th Nov 16, 2:52 PM
    • 1,060 Posts
    • 634 Thanks
    Mr K
    Only drawback I can see is there does not seem to be a "my account" section, showing consumption, money in etc. Maybe there is and because I'm newbie not much to be in there yet
    Originally posted by Farway
    They don't do any of that. They are very much a no frills low cost supplier. Meter readings online and a pdf bill mailed once a month, works fine. Email enquiries answered very promptly. Been with them a couple of years and happy.

Just wish they did electricity, as my current supplier GB Energy gone belly up.... Hope Zog don't follow.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 28th Nov 16, 5:26 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Been with Zog since the beginning of this year and no problems at all.
    I provide meter readings on the last day of each month and receive a pdf bill by email about 8 days later.
    Very happy that I switched to them. Be good if they did electric too.
    Rhondda Cynon Taff, 4kw West Facing PV, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,751Posts Today

7,529Users online

Martin's Twitter