Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 9th Feb 15, 10:26 AM
    • 613Posts
    • 374Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy
    • 9th Feb 15, 10:26 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy 9th Feb 15 at 10:26 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Zog Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 11
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 27th Mar 17, 10:04 PM
    • 3,868 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    footyguy
    Another update to their best value Mercury 12 tariff.

Appears to be a small reduction in unit costs across the board, but an increase in daily standing charges affecting East, East Midlands, West Midlands, London & North Scotland supply regions.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 28th Mar 17, 8:50 AM
    • 4,642 Posts
    • 2,814 Thanks
    Hengus
    I got quite excited for a moment until I saw that the unit price of Zog 24 has increased by 0.0003p per kWh.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 28th Mar 17, 11:41 AM
    • 17,473 Posts
    • 11,700 Thanks
    molerat
    Glad to see their prices are slowly creeping downwards, back at the top of the list again. My EDF fix ends in May so watching with interest. The 26% increase is still going to smart though. My daughter is looking at a 33% increase
    Last edited by molerat; 28-03-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 28th Mar 17, 2:06 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    Sounds like good think i signed upto the 2 year fixed when i did

Kev
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 28th Mar 17, 2:56 PM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 1,761 Thanks
    lstar337
    Glad to see their prices are slowly creeping downwards, back at the top of the list again.
    Originally posted by molerat
    Glad I picked a Saturn tariff this year. It (Mercury) hasn't quite dropped enough to lure me towards that exit fee yet. Hopefully it'll keep on dropping until it gets back to the outstanding deal I had last year!
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 26th Apr 17, 9:33 AM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 1,761 Thanks
    lstar337
    Entice Energy are currently beating Zog in my region according to a CEC comp today.

Anybody think Zog will drop their price to push themselves back to the top of the list?

They don't usually like being off the top spot for long.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 26th Apr 17, 9:40 AM
    • 3,868 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    footyguy
    Entice Energy are currently beating Zog in my region according to a CEC comp today.

Anybody think Zog will drop their price to push themselves back to the top of the list?

They don't usually like being off the top spot for long.
    Originally posted by lstar337
    Entice still have the pre 27 Mar 2017 Zog prices.

When Zog updated there prices at that date, it tended to lower prices ... but only for higher users.
    They essentially increased standing charges for lower unit prices (in some regions)

Yes, they will change prices again one day, but who knows when?

If Entice are cheaper for you, why not use them? They also only have a £15 early exit charge compared to Zog's £30 early exit fee.

Be quick though, as I think there will be more chance Entice changing their prices before Zog do. Entice have always followed Zog pricing, bar a tiny fraction of a penny cheaper.
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 26th Apr 17, 9:56 AM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 1,761 Thanks
    lstar337
    It's not worth me switching for the pennies I would save between Entice and Zog, especially with the hassle of IGT. I am keeping an eye on Zog though as I am currently on Saturn and was hoping to see a drop before jumping to Mercury for a year or two year fix.
    • KreeativeKat
    • By KreeativeKat 12th May 17, 6:36 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KreeativeKat
    After EON informed me that they were more than doubling my monthly payment I decided to search for an alternative supplier. I did some research and found that it was cheaper to have separate suppliers for gas and electricity. I saw information about ZOG on a comparison website, read the reviews and as their tariffs were very competitive I decided to switch. My switch-over went without a hitch,the direct debit was set up correctly and I have had no problems in the time I have been with them. They don't have a 24/7 website or 'phone line, but to me this is a small point. When I did contact them by 'phone to change my monthly d/d it was sorted immediately. They are a small company and appear to run a very tight ship,whilst offering their customers competitive rates. I would recommend them without hesitation.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th May 17, 9:33 AM
    • 3,868 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    footyguy
    After EON informed me that they were more than doubling my monthly payment I decided to search for an alternative supplier. I did some research and found that it was cheaper to have separate suppliers for gas and electricity. I saw information about ZOG on a comparison website, read the reviews and as their tariffs were very competitive I decided to switch. My switch-over went without a hitch,the direct debit was set up correctly and I have had no problems in the time I have been with them. They don't have a 24/7 website or 'phone line, but to me this is a small point. When I did contact them by 'phone to change my monthly d/d it was sorted immediately. They are a small company and appear to run a very tight ship,whilst offering their customers competitive rates. I would recommend them without hesitation.
    Originally posted by KreeativeKat
    Where did you get their phone number from?
    What is it please?
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 12th May 17, 2:34 PM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 1,761 Thanks
    lstar337
    Where did you get their phone number from?
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Cannot speak for KreeativeKat, but it is written on my bill each month.
    What is it please?
    01473 597964
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th May 17, 3:37 PM
    • 3,868 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    footyguy
    ^^^
    Yes, I was aware of that. It's just that the poster wrote that Zog didn't have a phone line (hence why I highlighted the discrepency)
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 12th May 17, 3:43 PM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 1,761 Thanks
    lstar337
    ^^^
    Yes, I was aware of that. It's just that the poster wrote that Zog didn't have a phone line (hence why I highlighted the discrepency)
    Ah, I read it as don't have a 24/7 phone line. True of course, but the website is certainly 24/7.

Maybe they mean online support in the form of email.
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 20th May 17, 8:26 AM
    • 163 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    Just signed up to Zog and so far everything is running smoothly. They sent me an email asking me to confirm a few details and within about 30 mins, received another email stating that the switch was going ahead.

When I applied, I gave a usage figure of 5200. Yesterday, I received an email informing me that they were going to st my direct debit at a usage of 8626.

I sent them my last 12 months gas usage figures, and within 10 minutes, they had replied telling me that they had now reset the direct debit for a usage of 5200.

The customer service seems fantastic.
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 13th Jun 17, 11:50 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    Transfer to Zog now complete. Everything went smoothly and all seems okay.
    • hollie.weimeraner
    • By hollie.weimeraner 23rd Jun 17, 7:54 PM
    • 1,422 Posts
    • 827 Thanks
    hollie.weimeraner
    I started using Zog in February 2016 and am currently on on Saturn 12 with no exit fees. My GB electricity tariff ends at the end of July and I am moving to EON so decided now would be a good time to try and move the gas as well.

Anyway I emailed Zog and asked for advice about switching to their fixed tariff and had an email back stating they had swapped me.

Anyway I emailed back and said I was only asking for advice and they have emailed straight back with an apology and swapped me back to Saturn until I let them know I'm ready to change (which I intend to coincide with my electric switch).

So yes even though they made a mistake they were pretty quick to put things right.
    • Tribble
    • By Tribble 9th Aug 17, 2:36 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tribble
    Switched to zog last year (all my friends still think it's a made up name). Switch went smoothly. I receive a monthly bill via email. Very competitive prices. Excellent customer service, all queries answered within 24 hours if not sooner. So pleased with them I've just renewed on their 2 year fixed rate. Unfortunately they only provide ga at the moment, but they've told me they will hopefully be supplying electric towards the end of 2018.
    • Tribble
    • By Tribble 9th Aug 17, 2:47 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tribble
    Switched last year to zog (my friends think it's a made up name). Hassle free switch. Very competitive prices. Excellent customer service. Monthly bills via email. All queries answered within 24 hours, if not sooner. I'm so happy with them I've just renewed onto the two year fixed tariff. Unfortunately they only provide gas at the moment, but I've been told they will hopefully be supplying electric towards the end of 2018.
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 10th Aug 17, 8:55 AM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 1,761 Thanks
    lstar337
    I've been told they will hopefully be supplying electric towards the end of 2018.
    Originally posted by Tribble
    Good to know, thanks.
    • The Green Hornet
    • By The Green Hornet 3rd Oct 17, 6:44 PM
    • 363 Posts
    • 597 Thanks
    The Green Hornet
    Ofgem has granted Zog Energy a licence to supply electricity in Great Britain

https://www.zogenergy.com/news
    6 x Sharp 220 W panels. 1.32 kWp. SMA Sunny Boy 1200 inverter. South facing 30 degree pitch roof with no shading. Eco-eye SmartPV monitor + energyhive.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,940Posts Today

8,857Users online

Martin's Twitter