Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 9th Feb 15, 10:26 AM
    • 615Posts
    • 374Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy
    • 9th Feb 15, 10:26 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy 9th Feb 15 at 10:26 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Zog Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 10
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 8th Mar 17, 8:52 AM
    • 1,013 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    Just had a thought, this might be a question for Zog but My Gas is approx £38 in credit, should I phone BG and pay this now to avoid any delays or will BG just take the payment from my account via the direct debit they have setup when they close the account?

My Elec is £68 in credit so will they take the £38 for Gas from the £68 Elec and give me back £30 or are they treated separately? Meaning they will give me back £68 and then take £38 from my account?
    Originally posted by kev2009
    I'm assuming you're on dual fuel with British Gas so one payment covers both.

What usually happens is your final bill will be generated and any credit is used towards it. Once that bill is settled any outstanding credit after that should be refunded to you.

Note that it takes up to six weeks to move provider and as direct debits are monthly the situation may occur where a new payment goes out to BG very close to your switch date. This'll just be added to the existing credit on the account.
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 8th Mar 17, 9:02 AM
    • 3,270 Posts
    • 1,761 Thanks
    lstar337
    Interestingly, I didn't see the Wales & West Utilities appear on IGT site: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/gas/distribution-networks/connections-and-competition/independent-gas-transporters
    Maybe it's more complicated than I thought then. W&W certainly upgraded the main in our street, and the pipe to our home. They even had to come in and check our appliances before turning the gas back on.
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 8th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    I'm assuming you're on dual fuel with British Gas so one payment covers both.

What usually happens is your final bill will be generated and any credit is used towards it. Once that bill is settled any outstanding credit after that should be refunded to you.

Note that it takes up to six weeks to move provider and as direct debits are monthly the situation may occur where a new payment goes out to BG very close to your switch date. This'll just be added to the existing credit on the account.
    Originally posted by Neil Jones
    Hi,

Thanks @Neil Jones - I am indeed on dual fuel with British Gas but they take payments separately i.e on my bank statement they show one DD for Gas, one for Electic on the same day, hence why I wondered how it worked as I read any money owing could cause delays so hence wondered if should pay or if they will just take the money owed at closing via DD.

Kev
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 8th Mar 17, 3:46 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    Maybe it's more complicated than I thought then. W&W certainly upgraded the main in our street, and the pipe to our home. They even had to come in and check our appliances before turning the gas back on.
    Originally posted by lstar337
    yeah maybe or maybe that is the National Gas people who you call for emergencies regardless of who your with as opposed to your specific IGT?

Kev
    • gradgrind
    • By gradgrind 10th Mar 17, 2:22 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    gradgrind
    Wish they were all like this
    Nothing to say really, they bill accurately, send monthly statements, and when emailed respond promptly. This wouldn't be remarkable if all the others were as good. But they're not, so it is.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 10th Mar 17, 2:47 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 1,492 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Nothing to say really, they bill accurately, send monthly statements, and when emailed respond promptly. This wouldn't be remarkable if all the others were as good. But they're not, so it is.
    Originally posted by gradgrind
    Could not agree more. Really pleased that we switched our gas to them last year.
    So happy, we have also helped a relative switch their gas to them too.
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 14th Mar 17, 11:15 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    Received email today to say they have contacted my existing supplier and will be sending me a letter very soon with all the info i need, including amount to pay each month and when payments will be taken.

Kev
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 15th Mar 17, 4:33 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    Update:
    Received email today saying DD been setup and date it will come out so looking good so far.

Kev
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 21st Mar 17, 5:15 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    Update:
    Received email today asking to supply a reading, can be now or on the actual day of switch, looks still set to go ahead on the date they originally said so all looking good so far.

Plan to submit a reading tomorrow.

Kev
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 22nd Mar 17, 9:09 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    Update:
    Submitted my reading tonight, do they send a email to confirm received reading? If not, I might email them just to be sure as it's my first time submitting a reading.

Thanks

Kevin
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 22nd Mar 17, 9:45 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 1,492 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Update:
    Submitted my reading tonight, do they send a email to confirm received reading? If not, I might email them just to be sure as it's my first time submitting a reading.

Thanks

Kevin
    No, you don't get an email confirmation, but you can be confident they have received it through the website.

If you contact them however, you will probably get a very quick positive response.
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 22nd Mar 17, 9:55 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    Thanks, I might contact them tomorrow - so far everything seems to have gone fine, got the emails and details all ok, just waiting on the switch this weekend now

Kev
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 22nd Mar 17, 11:41 PM
    • 3,868 Posts
    • 1,536 Thanks
    footyguy
    No, you don't get an email confirmation, but you can be confident they have received it through the website.

Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    Just to clarify, the confirmation is given on screen when you submit the meter reading
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 23rd Mar 17, 7:33 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    Thanks, yes I saw that but i'd read of users in general submitting readings to suppliers (not zog) and they not going though so just wanted to check to confirm they received.

Kev
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 24th Mar 17, 4:17 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    Update
    So i sent them a mail to confirm they received the meter reading an they have so all looks ok as far as I can tell

Kev
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 24th Mar 17, 4:42 PM
    • 4,646 Posts
    • 2,816 Thanks
    Hengus
    Thanks, I might contact them tomorrow - so far everything seems to have gone fine, got the emails and details all ok, just waiting on the switch this weekend now

Kev
    When your transfer happens, your meter reading is passed to a third independent industry partner for verification. As you have provided a meter reading in advance of the transfer date, then it is likely to be adjusted by the Data Collectors. The estimated reading will be used to open and close your accounts.
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 24th Mar 17, 8:38 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    Hi, I got a email requesting a reading,,, should I provide one on the day of the reading?

Thanks

Kev
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 24th Mar 17, 8:51 PM
    • 4,646 Posts
    • 2,816 Thanks
    Hengus
    Hi, I got a email requesting a reading,,, should I provide one on the day of the reading?

Thanks

Kev
    I wouldn't bother or worry about it. Most suppliers ask for a meter reading in the 5 days up to the date of the transfer. The verification system takes anything from a week to 15 days. I provided one last year on the day of the transfer and the estimated reading was 100 cubic metres out in the old supplier's favour. I suspect the reading that I provided got lost but the system just did its thing. The estimated reading was still within industry limits, so I just paid the new supplier standing charges for three months. The cost difference was £2. On all my other switches, the estimated reading was within 5 kWhs of the reading that I provided.
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 24th Mar 17, 9:02 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    Hi,

ok - many thanks, first time doing this so unsure. My new electiricy supplier requested a reading also so i provided that also at the same time.

Both my Gas and electric are due to switch this weekend.

Kev
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 27th Mar 17, 3:50 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    kev2009
    Update
    Well I believe the switch happened yesterday, not received any confirmation, I just checked BG and my Gas account is still open, unlike my Elec which was closed immediately the other supplier took over it seems.

Should I get a email to acknowledge the switch took place? I Owe BG approx £37 + whatever my usage is up til end of Saturday, any idea on time frame of when I get a bill?

Thanks

Kev
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

614Posts Today

4,359Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Exactly. Politics already suffered from our adversarial system - pushing people to oppose not compromise. That ha? https://t.co/gETVyA6HWA

• RT @bbclaurak: Thanks Martin - we know we can?t please all the people all the time (stands by for grief) but try hard to show how it actual?

• Morning. I'm on my way to my last @GMB 7:40 deals of the week of 2017. This week including gift card warning, free? https://t.co/2dcNviXxsN

• Follow Martin