Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 9th Feb 15, 10:18 AM
    • 606Posts
    • 371Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback
    • 9th Feb 15, 10:18 AM
    GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback 9th Feb 15 at 10:18 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

GB Energy Supply

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 4:15 PM.
Page 30
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Switching to E.ON
    I'm just moving from GB to Eon. I am currently about £90 in credit so will be interesting to see how quickly I get my money back.

As an aside, even though I am in credit they tried to increase my DD about 3 or 4 months ago by 30% I rang them and they changed it back after my protests.
    Originally posted by hollie.weimeraner
    Hello hollie.weimeraner and welcome to E.ON. Good to have you on board. Just a quick heads up.

We'll let your old supplier have the meter readings we start our account from. They'll use the same readings to close their account and issue a final bill. This stops the same energy from being charged twice. These readings go via a third party (Data Collector) who checks they're in line with past readings held for your home. Although this won't affect the supply start date (usually about two and half weeks after starting the switch), it can sometimes delay the account becoming fully operational.

If you've registered with our website, you can see how things are going through a service called 'Track My Switch.'

Sorry if you already know this stuff hollie.weimeraner and I'm trying to teach you how to suck eggs.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Peter004
    • By Peter004 1st Jul 17, 7:55 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Peter004
    Peter004
    Did you agree to the increase in your direct debit which was requested by Mr. Springer (Springall) and do you consider it to be justified. Were the Annual Gas and Electricity estimated consumptions of each fuel in line with the consumptions given for the past 12 months on the first page of the Summaries.?
    I'd really like to know whether the hike was a result of a threefold increase in fuel for the next 12 months as mine was or whether this as done to boost the Personal Projection to such a high figure that the rates of My Lite Sept. 2018 look acceptable in comparison. I consider GB to be disingenuous and untrustworthy and suggest that the only reason for increasing direct debits is to improve their cashflow. They treat customers as if they are banks. I'm leaving.
    • Hammer Time
    • By Hammer Time 13th Jul 17, 8:49 AM
    • 173 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Hammer Time
    [QUOTE=sidbee;72623384][FONT=&quot]My fixed tariff contract (fixed 12 Ruby) ended on 7 May. I switched to a different supplier, and their supply started 16 May The final bill from GB Energy supply was incorrect because it charged me at their variable Premium Energy Saver tariff from 7 May. They should have charged for the whole period on the fixed 12 Ruby tariff, as my new supplier had contacted them in good time and the switch was completed within a reasonable period.

When I pointed out the incorrect billing they produced a corrected account, saying that the system automatically switched me to the variable tariff on the expiry of the fixed tariff period. OK, not a huge amount involved for 9 days supply, but if they are trying this on with everyone who switches when a fixed tariff ends then it probably adds up to a tidy sum for them from people who don't check their final bill.

Is there any information on this? I have searched with no luck. I received my final bill and was billed at the variable tariff, I phoned them and they said this only goes back to the old tariff if it's longer than a month.
    Last edited by Hammer Time; 13-07-2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: typo
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,310Posts Today

8,220Users online

Martin's Twitter