Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 25th Jan 15, 9:08 PM
    • 526Posts
    • 3,702Thanks
    ploppy57
    Off on our adventure....Jan 2015
    • 25th Jan 15, 9:08 PM
    Off on our adventure....Jan 2015 25th Jan 15 at 9:08 PM
    Well I thought maybe I should start a diary so as not to fill the other threads with waffle....I thought I had started one the other day, but I just can't find it now, so maybe I didn't actually post it....LOL

Anyway, after our LBM just over a week ago, we are now just waiting to send all details to SC and hope to do that this week as soon as we have our new joint account details...didn't want to do it before as don't want them contacting our old bank. Soon as we get the account number I will set up all our new DD's and contact Lloyds to tell them I want to downgrade our Platinum account to a Classic.

Letters are all ready to send with the £1 token payment, which I will do this week as a few of the CC's are due at beginning of month. Hopefully the DMP will start in March.

I have registered us both with Noddle, as advised on another thread and am surprised that we actually have a credit rating of 3/5....expected it to be lower!

So what did we do this weekend? Well yesterday we decided to go for a carvery as we may not get too many treats in the future. I get the odd few hours overtime some months, so that was what we used to go out. 2 carveries ( I had the veggie option so was cheaper) and 2 drinks for under £16, so don't think that was too bad.

Then today I signed up for a few more survey sites, but have noticed with a lot of them they keep saying I am not eligible etc.....probably because I am too truthful and have no kids, no pets and not a lot of interests etc....maybe I should tell a few porkies to get more surveys. Then we went for a walk in the sunshine to see if the Co-op had any offers just before they closed....they didn't but at least we got a nice walk.

Now watching TV, cuddled under a blanket to save on the gas and just about to have another cup of tea. Lets see what this week brings.....
    DMP March '15 £57549. Now £44518. Going SM Feb '18 to get DF sooner.
    Emergency fund #231... £35/£1000.
    £2 Challenge #43.. £10. 20p Challenge #104.. £6.80
    Christmas 2018 challenge £9.26/£300
    "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the end of every day"
Page 7
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 11th Feb 18, 7:40 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 3,702 Thanks
    ploppy57
    Well I spent this afternoon doing a DMP spreadsheet for our new SM journey. I have zero knowledge of how to create a spreadsheet, so got OH to do it & I just input all the details and will update it each month.
    We have currently paid about 22percent ( wont let me type the percent symbol...lol), of our original amount, which looks like nothing really but is a lot more than we would have paid off it in 3 years if we hadn't been on DMP. Although at the amount we are now paying, it looks like taking many years. But I am confident we will get some good F&F's and maybe even some UE's.

So tomorrow we are having a new bed delivered as ours has been awful for many years and can't stand it any more. FIL has loaned us the Money & we can pay back as & when.
    Also tomorrow got the 2 eldest GS's coming to stay for couple of days as its half term and DD is having some building work done. So should be a busy couple of days.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
    Last edited by ploppy57; 16-02-2018 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Stupid numbers showing instead of symbols
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 16th Feb 18, 12:06 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 3,702 Thanks
    ploppy57
    Not much to report on DMP front. Still no reply from N** day regarding my F&F offer. Also Moo*cr**t have still not replied to give us their bank details for setting up DD's. So they have had no payment this month....hey ho...their fault for not taking note of us telling them we had gone SM. Will just wait and see how long it takes them to get in touch.
    In other news I am now officially worn out after having GS's for 3 nights. We had some good fun though.
    So weekend plans are that I am at work till 5 today and then till 2 tomorrow. Catch up on food shopping and housework on Sunday and then another busy week next week. Really must sort out more "me" time as seem to be working/ babysitting more and more these days.
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 17th Feb 18, 10:51 PM
    • 156 Posts
    • 343 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    Hi Ploppy, hope you had a good day at work,I worked today too and it was busy but good,Im definitely having some me time tomorrow,its so important to make time sto do something for yourself but sometimes so hard to actually do it
    Just keep swimming
    Payment a day challenge = £58.76
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 18th Feb 18, 7:49 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 3,702 Thanks
    ploppy57
    Hi Ploppy, hope you had a good day at work,I worked today too and it was busy but good,Im definitely having some me time tomorrow,its so important to make time sto do something for yourself but sometimes so hard to actually do it
    Originally posted by Onebrokelady
    Yes I agree. "Me time" is important. Because we had 2 GSs for 3 nights, I didn't do any housework while they were here and then straight back to work as soon as I had dropped them off at home. So not had time to catch up. Going to try and have a blitz now...hoping I can get OH to help and then go for a walk and therm spend the afternoon doing some bits online and watching a DVD. Yesterday was food shopping straight after work and by the time I got home and put it all away it was time to cook dinner.
    Have a good day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,852Users online

Martin's Twitter