Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 25th Jan 15, 9:08 PM
    • 414Posts
    • 2,970Thanks
    ploppy57
    Off on our adventure....Jan 2015
    • 25th Jan 15, 9:08 PM
    Off on our adventure....Jan 2015 25th Jan 15 at 9:08 PM
    Well I thought maybe I should start a diary so as not to fill the other threads with waffle....I thought I had started one the other day, but I just can't find it now, so maybe I didn't actually post it....LOL

Anyway, after our LBM just over a week ago, we are now just waiting to send all details to SC and hope to do that this week as soon as we have our new joint account details...didn't want to do it before as don't want them contacting our old bank. Soon as we get the account number I will set up all our new DD's and contact Lloyds to tell them I want to downgrade our Platinum account to a Classic.

Letters are all ready to send with the £1 token payment, which I will do this week as a few of the CC's are due at beginning of month. Hopefully the DMP will start in March.

I have registered us both with Noddle, as advised on another thread and am surprised that we actually have a credit rating of 3/5....expected it to be lower!

So what did we do this weekend? Well yesterday we decided to go for a carvery as we may not get too many treats in the future. I get the odd few hours overtime some months, so that was what we used to go out. 2 carveries ( I had the veggie option so was cheaper) and 2 drinks for under £16, so don't think that was too bad.

Then today I signed up for a few more survey sites, but have noticed with a lot of them they keep saying I am not eligible etc.....probably because I am too truthful and have no kids, no pets and not a lot of interests etc....maybe I should tell a few porkies to get more surveys. Then we went for a walk in the sunshine to see if the Co-op had any offers just before they closed....they didn't but at least we got a nice walk.

Now watching TV, cuddled under a blanket to save on the gas and just about to have another cup of tea. Lets see what this week brings.....
    DMP started March '15 - £57,549 Now approx..£44,934. DFD 2031! Based on current figures, but hope improve on that.
    Emergency fund #231... £15/£1000.
    £2 Challenge #43.... £8. 20p Challenge #104... £1.40
    "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the end of every day"
Page 6
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 18th Apr 16, 8:00 AM
    • 414 Posts
    • 2,970 Thanks
    ploppy57
    Great news Ploppy - so glad to see you back and fighting the predators again

I've missed you. I feel an afinity with you as we started our DMP journies together and were going through the setup worries at the same time.

Keep posting -x-
    Originally posted by January2015
    Thankyou I agree, whenever I have a problem I always think..."What would January have done"? LOL
    DMP started March '15 - £57,549 Now approx..£44,934. DFD 2031! Based on current figures, but hope improve on that.
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 18th Apr 16, 5:34 PM
    • 414 Posts
    • 2,970 Thanks
    ploppy57
    Had dentist appointment today. Had to find a new one recently as it turned out that ours wasn't as good as I had thought and there are a few things need sorting and when I got an infection recently, the old dentist was rubbish and not very nice at all, considering I have a real dentist phobia which has been made worse since I had the problem with anxiety last year. Anyway, I was recommended the best dentist in the area, who is brilliant with nervous patients, but has no NHS spaces so had to go private. Not ideal, but I think health is important and I decided to go for it and just take it one step at a time and only have the treatment I could afford. So went to the see him a few weeks ago and he said he would give me today's appointment for free to boost my confidence back up again and also to drill away the bad bits at the back and see exactly what needed doing to it. So now have a nice treatment plan that is going to cost about £700 in total. I have explained that I won't be having it all done quickly due to finances but I do at least have enough put by for the first extraction and hopefully will get more work from the casual work now to put by for the rest...slow but sure.
    So I no longer worry about things like this, it will either all turn out ok, or it won't. Personally I think all will be sorted....positive thinking and all that!

Postie must have wondered what was going on today....13 envelopes dropped through the door, all from Ll***s and Hellif*x. Confirming the new DMP amounts and saying all accounts are now on their way to collections dept, which is what we were told in Feb, so don't know why it all takes so long.

BC confirmed today that it will be 7 months to default but that it will then be backdated to the date we started our DMP...so that is even better.
    So all in all, things are going ok. Not come into a fortune or anything, but nothing bad has happened either.
    Hope everybody else is ok
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 12th Jan 18, 11:00 AM
    • 414 Posts
    • 2,970 Thanks
    ploppy57
    Well having not written in my diary for far too long, I decided I should get back into it. ...if anybody is actually remotely interested in reading it. Even if you are not, at least it will be something I can look back on in years to come and realise what a good thing the DMP was.
    I am still saving for the emergency fund...not going well as had too many expenses last year. It all comes down to me as any spare money OH gets, he buys stuff for himself that he says he "needs"...new bike boots, new phone case, new fleece....when I say new, they are actually mostly second hand, but I am not 100% sure he really "needs" them.

Well things are still ticking along in DMP land, although would be better if we could pay it off quicker. There are so many things we really could do with purchasing and having to make a list in priority order. The main one being a new mattress. Ours is way passed the recommended 8 years (think we have had it almost 14 years) and is really bad now. Made worse by the fact that I have been diagnosed with Osteoporosis and am finding it doubly uncomfortable. Good mattresses seem to be expensive and not sure it is worth throwing away money on a cheap one that won't last long. So not sure what the answer is, but definitely need one sooner rather than later.
    Really need to do some decorating as well and sofa is really in need of replacing, as well as needing a new window & door in lounge and new bedroom carpet and also will be needing a new car in the next couple of years. So as you can see we need a lottery win.....LOL.
    Thing is, I believe that our health and bodies are more important than material possessions..(which is why the mattress is top priority), and even though we need all these things and have our DMP to pay, I am still saving for a cheap 4 night break in a caravan in UK, in May.

Well that is my interesting life so far...lol. Still working part time, not sure I could do any more TBH, as I am exhausted most of the time as it is. Feeling a bit rough today actually, hope I am not coming down with something, as we are supposed to be visiting parents tomorrow....150 mile drive, as we had to cancel before Christmas due to everybody being ill.
    So will see how the weekend progresses.
    Until next time.....x
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 12th Jan 18, 11:23 AM
    • 414 Posts
    • 2,970 Thanks
    ploppy57
    Just adding...(feels like I am waffling today)....I am determined to have a good declutter again this year, did it a couple of years ago, but it has all built up again....thanks to OH...LOL. Soon as I have time I am starting one room at a time and hopefully finding a few things to car boot or sell on FB etc. Also starting a lot more survey/receipt upload sites etc to try and save more money.
    Onwards and upwards!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,136Posts Today

8,325Users online

Martin's Twitter