Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    chavvy2thumbs
    PCN on a lease van
    • 21st Jan 15, 10:28 AM
    PCN on a lease van 21st Jan 15 at 10:28 AM
    Hi,
    I am after some advice please. I drive a company van which is leased and on the 1st of December I received a letter from the lease company saying they had received a PCN that was issued on the 18th of November for parking in a permit only car park. The letter also said they had passed on my details to the PPC and that I should wait until I receive a letter from them before any action should be taken.
    So I waited.
    On the 9th of January I received the PCN demanding full payment, there was no option for a discounted amount as specified on their signage. I was unsure about their demand as it said they had requested my details from DVLA as the registered keeper of the vehicle. If this was the case surely I would have received the NTK on the 1st of December. I have already had an appeal rejected should I appeal to POPLA on the same grounds. Any help would be appreciated.
Page 2
    • Mike172
    • By Mike172 22nd Jan 15, 2:59 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    Mike172
    Monitoring this thread as ive just submitted an appeal to POPLA (ticket #3 for me) which had this date problem.

POPLA accepted the code and let me submit the appeal.

e/

actually mine has a 4 as digit #7.

Wonder if POPLA employees have brains?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Jan 15, 3:49 PM
    • 51,452 Posts
    • 65,049 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    But your code was from 2014 wasn't it? It would end in 4 if so. If it was 2015 then these codes are clearly working. It's NOT POPLA's error, it UKCPMs and should not affect anything as long as you can appeal!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Mike172
    • By Mike172 22nd Jan 15, 3:57 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    Mike172
    No that was my 3rd windscreen PCN received beginning of Jan 2015, rejection letter less than a week later, POPLA code included with digit #7 being a 4.
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 22nd Jan 15, 4:02 PM
    • 14,797 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    Is this not an annual issue? (Or at least biennial ... I seem to remember POPLA code issues in early 2013, but this was put down to POPLA being so new at the time).
    • Mike172
    • By Mike172 28th Jan 15, 11:39 AM
    • 296 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    Mike172
    Dont suppose you heard back about this did you?

I submitted my appeal, got eh acknowledgement email from London Councols, but after a week still no confirmation (I had 3 emails in my first 2 appeals within 2 days)
    Mike172 vs. UKCPM
    Won:20
    Lost: 0
    Pending: 0
    Times Ghosted: 15
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 28th Jan 15, 1:04 PM
    • 14,797 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    Heard back about what? (I've never had a PCN or needed to use POPLA or anything like that).
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Jan 15, 2:19 PM
    • 51,452 Posts
    • 65,049 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Dont suppose you heard back about this did you?

I submitted my appeal, got eh acknowledgement email from London Councols, but after a week still no confirmation (I had 3 emails in my first 2 appeals within 2 days)
    Originally posted by Mike172
    POPLA take 6 weeks to decide a case and sometimes the 'confirmation' one is a bit delayed or goes into spam.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Mike172
    • By Mike172 29th Jan 15, 6:49 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    Mike172
    Updating for the benefit of the OP .... My invalid code was indeed from 2014. As such POPLA have declined my appeal - cannot be registered.
    Mike172 vs. UKCPM
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 29th Jan 15, 9:34 PM
    • 40,463 Posts
    • 80,848 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Updating for the benefit of the OP .... My invalid code was indeed from 2014. As such POPLA have declined my appeal - cannot be registered.
    Originally posted by Mike172
    Then complain to the BPA and DVLA that you have been given an invalid code and therefore been denied the opportunity to use an independent appeals process.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Parking-Prankster
    • By Parking-Prankster 29th Jan 15, 10:39 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 1,163 Thanks
    Parking-Prankster
    Please contact gemma.r@britishparking.co.uk

She is expecting you...
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Jan 15, 11:33 PM
    • 16,485 Posts
    • 20,641 Thanks
    Redx
    seems to happen every year with one or more of these thicko parking companies, they cannot even update their systems to take account of the change in year, probably still signing cheques and payslips with 2014 and no auto update on their laptop computers

you would have thought that it was something they should all sort out when they returned to work after the xmas holidays, but no, they are so STUPID they dont even check their own systems, never their fault, always somebody elses fault

I remember this was happening with JAS (Just Another Shyster) or some other companies last year, so I predict it will now be an annual occurrence, just like the snow !

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4851572

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4868096

so we have postal errors, despite the PO having been going for well over 100 years

popla code errors on an annual basis

whats next , wrong leaves on the line ?

Armtrac = Another Royal Mail Transport Rebuttal Achieves Chaos

UKCPM - uNKNOWN kEY cODE pERMITS mISCALCULATION
    Last edited by Redx; 30-01-2015 at 12:29 AM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Mike172
    • By Mike172 30th Jan 15, 8:38 AM
    • 296 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    Mike172
    Paha!

Thanks Alex, I think from the BPA's response over on parking prankster I will simply resubmit the appeal with the digit changed, at the same time I will send an email to Gemma, just to cover myself.
    Mike172 vs. UKCPM
  • Jacqster
    I have a similar issue - I wondered what the outcome was. I am concerned now on reading this that my POPLA appeal will be rejected, surely it's their mistake, doesn't this work in our favour?

If it is a 2014 date, you need to be doing something proactive about it now - out of date and POPLA will reject your appeal outright!
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 31st Jan 15, 4:55 PM
    • 15,428 Posts
    • 24,124 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I have a similar issue - I wondered what the outcome was. I am concerned now on reading this that my POPLA appeal will be rejected, surely it's their mistake, doesn't this work in our favour?
    Originally posted by Jacqster
    Have you submitted your appeal to POPLA? If so, have you had acknowledgement of its receipt?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Jacqster
    Have you submitted your appeal to POPLA? If so, have you had acknowledgement of its receipt?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    No, not yet, am waiting for some help, little bit confused. Sorry didn't. mean to hijack this thread, I do have my own, just wondering what the outcome of this was, panicked when I read it.
    • Mike172
    • By Mike172 1st Feb 15, 11:48 AM
    • 296 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    Mike172
    No, not yet, am waiting for some help, little bit confused. Sorry didn't. mean to hijack this thread, I do have my own, just wondering what the outcome of this was, panicked when I read it.
    Originally posted by Jacqster
    I would simply submit with the 7th digit - I assume a 4 - changed to a 5. Save you a lot of hassle and time I think. Did you read the BPAs response to the Prankster? TLDR they say 'use your brain' and change the number.

I was going to email Gemma but from the response Parking Prankster received I don't think Ill bother now. I knew they wouldn't give a !!!!.

Getting a little ridiculous this.

FYI ill be resubmitting my appeal, despite it being rejected the first time, with the changed digit. If its rejected again THEN I will complain to the BPA. UKCPM know exactly what they are doing - I suspect I will receive a letter in the post requesting even more money now but until they take me to court I will not be paying them a penny.
    Mike172 vs. UKCPM
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,131Posts Today

6,496Users online

Martin's Twitter