Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 30th Dec 14, 4:13 PM
    • 3,621Posts
    • 26,071Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 9. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.
    • 30th Dec 14, 4:13 PM
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 9. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting. 30th Dec 14 at 4:13 PM
    Hello, everyone I've been asked, ever so nicely, so shiny new thread for you all

Quote:

As some of you know there's been some discussion lately on how to accommodate weight loss diets on the board. It was decided that the daily isn't the place for campaigns of any sort and that there was a very good weight loss thread on the I wanna board which would offer excellent support to anyone wishing to join.

The board guides have talked about this and we'd like to accommodate a weight loss campaign the OLD STYLE way here. However, in order for it to fit with the board, it should be about scratch cooking and healthy eating, NOT about where to get low calorie/fat ready meals cheaply or fad diets.

So, here it is. The Lose Weight the Old Style Way thread. This thread is for support in losing weight but in order to keep it true to the board - which is about money saving the old style way, there are going to be some posting guidelines.

Important. Please read:

The thread should be about healthy, Old Style eating. That means recipes and meal plans, support and encouragement and healthy eating. What shouldn't be accomodated here is if the thread goes off topic and covers ready meals, fad diets and weight loss clubs. There is a good thread that covers all that on the 'I wanna' board. So if the thread becomes an extention of that, we will have to close it and ask people to join in there instead.

Enjoy, and good luck (nb - we run 4 challenges a year, generally either 12 or 13 weeks, with a fortnight off at the end of December )
    Last edited by Knit Witch; 14-04-2015 at 3:29 PM.
    "Shop" From Stash (4 skeins down!)
    OS Weight Loss 0.5/7
Page 309
    • TiredTrophy
    • By TiredTrophy 13th Mar 17, 8:17 PM
    • 666 Posts
    • 5,210 Thanks
    TiredTrophy
    Chill CathA...I lost, gained and only just lost again...and with a tiny target!
    I am in awe of the big losers but each of us is individual. And every day is a new day!
    • SpekySquarehead
    • By SpekySquarehead 14th Mar 17, 8:36 AM
    • 1,320 Posts
    • 10,057 Thanks
    SpekySquarehead
    Good morning everyone,

B - Coffee
    L - Cheese and jalapeno soup
    D - Cheese and ham omelette

Drinks - Black coffee or water

I bought a bag of frozen tuna steaks from Aldi a few weeks ago and so I'll take one out to defrost and have that for tomorrows dinner I recon.
    Debt Free Date: 29/09/16
    NSD (13/12)
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 14th Mar 17, 10:16 AM
    • 1,887 Posts
    • 4,877 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    Morning all.

The day at 5 something started with a voice from the bedroom doorway saying "I'm not feeling very well" so that was the end of my slumber. DD has a temperature and sore throat so is staying off school today.
    I got back from walking the dogs to be told that she had seen a mouse run under the cooker - thanks Jessie cat!

On the plus side WI is -1lb so that is a small step in the right direction. I also went for a run last night and managed a very slow 4.1 miles so the foot is totally fixed now.

B: the usual
    L: not sure now - will depend on DD
    D: pulled pork in SC. will serve with lots of veg.
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 14th Mar 17, 11:38 AM
    • 913 Posts
    • 11,002 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    1 1/2 downhill run, gym and sauna. 1 1/2 uphill hike to go. Was going to Nordic walk but it's not on today so I'm planning a lazy afternoon in the sun

I'm sitting watching our group eat pastries and chips. I've got my out gym protein shake and sandwiches made from breakfast. Very MSE and hopefully I will come home at least STS.

Sorry DD is ill MallyGirl Hope she feels better soon.

Raclette last night was ok. But highly overrated I think. I mostly had salad and boiled potatoes
    *** Debt Free***
    NST March : NSD = 12/15
    Goals - Weight loss 10/23lbs
    GC To 1/3/17 £440.71/£3,000, 14.69/16.16% of the year.
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 14th Mar 17, 11:53 AM
    • 1,887 Posts
    • 4,877 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    Thanks Furry - she seems OK. Just one of those bugs.

I think that not liking cheese, despite having a very savoury tooth, has been my saving grace. DD and DH would love raclette - I only like the hot oil and meat version or the Asian hotpot one.
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 14th Mar 17, 3:14 PM
    • 3,621 Posts
    • 26,071 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Okay time to start thinking about signing on for the next challenge!

It will start on Monday 27th of March (there is generally a bit of cross over) and will run for 13 weeks (so finishes near the end of June )
    "Shop" From Stash (4 skeins down!)
    OS Weight Loss 0.5/7
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 14th Mar 17, 3:21 PM
    • 1,887 Posts
    • 4,877 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    I will see where I get to in the next 2 weeks - I have an ultimate goal in mind still.
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 14th Mar 17, 4:20 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 11,002 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    I'll see when I weigh in on Monday. I know where I want to be.
    *** Debt Free***
    • Weewdy
    • By Weewdy 14th Mar 17, 7:08 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    Weewdy
    Can i join the next challenge please knit witch. Could you mark me down for 14lb please.
    • Pop Up Pirate
    • By Pop Up Pirate 15th Mar 17, 7:23 AM
    • 489 Posts
    • 1,076 Thanks
    Pop Up Pirate
    On the next challenge I'd like to go for 24lbs please Knit Witch.
    • SpekySquarehead
    • By SpekySquarehead 15th Mar 17, 8:48 AM
    • 1,320 Posts
    • 10,057 Thanks
    SpekySquarehead
    Good morning everyone,

B - Coffee
    L - Bacon, Jalapeno and Cheese soup
    D - Poached eggs with bacon wrapped asparagus.

Drinks - coffee and water

I've been strict with the diet lately and I'm feeling the effects. Just feel healthier, mentally and physically too. Gives me the motivation to keep going.
    NSD (13/12)
    • CathA
    • By CathA 15th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    • 992 Posts
    • 3,739 Thanks
    CathA
    Thanks knitwitch. I'll see where I am on the 26th before I work out a target but I'll definitely be in for the next one (minus the chocolate biscuit diet this time!) X
    • TiredTrophy
    • By TiredTrophy 15th Mar 17, 10:04 AM
    • 666 Posts
    • 5,210 Thanks
    TiredTrophy
    First painful appointment with physio.
    Had doughnut with a friend for her birthday.

Been told to do even less for a week including taking the lift not not the stairs!

Gentle stretching allowed.

Very difficult when the weather is so amazing here and I have to walk to the bus.
    • zafiro1984
    • By zafiro1984 15th Mar 17, 10:19 AM
    • 968 Posts
    • 7,449 Thanks
    zafiro1984
    Yes please to the next challenge Knit Witch. Can you put me down for 20lb. That's 1.5lb a week, I think that's doable.

I have started my DH on a diet be he's not to know as he would object strongly. I've already cut his chocolate consumption down by half by saying I'd forgotten to buy some when shopping. Who needs a 200gm bar every night after a meal????? I've just got to watch 'grumpiness' doesn't appear.
    Just Grocery Jan 131.11/155, Feb 325.77/140 Mar 123.17/155 Apr 0/150

veg growing 29.99/365, veg savings using supermarket prices £10.55

All food,wine,toiletries/cleaning/veg plot-yearly budget £3650 (£10 a day)
    5/3/17 Daily average so far this year £14.55
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 15th Mar 17, 10:37 AM
    • 913 Posts
    • 11,002 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    I have started my DH on a diet be he's not to know as he would object strongly. I've already cut his chocolate consumption down by half by saying I'd forgotten to buy some when shopping. Who needs a 200gm bar every night after a meal????? I've just got to watch 'grumpiness' doesn't appear.
    Originally posted by zafiro1984
    Sneaky

B - Delicious fresh bread, real butter, raclette cheese and Jambon Cru. Oopps

Post run/gym - protein shake

L - Protein shake

D - Tartiflette if I can't resist (I've just been out to buy for 10. It looks yummy) or Spanish Omelette. With lots of salad.

Snacks - will try to resist, but I'll pack some to take up the mountain to avoid chips.

Done my run and the gym though, so i should still have plenty of calories spare. Although my macros have been fat heavy this week it's all been fresh stuff and I've been way under on calories so I'm not too bothered.

My arms are sore though - 3 days of arms interspersed with sprints. By Friday I'm going to have arms of steel
    *** Debt Free***
    • Weewdy
    • By Weewdy 16th Mar 17, 7:34 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    Weewdy
    WI - 2LB LOSS

Enjoying seeing the weight come off, its like an addiction. Cant believe how much money i have wasted over the years on diet pepsi and i feel so much better for not drinking it. Also i bought some tops 2 sizes smaller than my normal and they fitted nicely. Looking forward to losing some more weight and inches in the next block and with the money i have saved i will be buying a new wardrobe.
    • Pop Up Pirate
    • By Pop Up Pirate 16th Mar 17, 7:41 AM
    • 489 Posts
    • 1,076 Thanks
    Pop Up Pirate
    WI - 2LB LOSS

Enjoying seeing the weight come off, its like an addiction. Cant believe how much money i have wasted over the years on diet pepsi and i feel so much better for not drinking it. Also i bought some tops 2 sizes smaller than my normal and they fitted nicely. Looking forward to losing some more weight and inches in the next block and with the money i have saved i will be buying a new wardrobe.
    Originally posted by Weewdy
    Congratulations on kicking the diet pepsi addiction! Bravo!!
    • SpekySquarehead
    • By SpekySquarehead 16th Mar 17, 8:54 AM
    • 1,320 Posts
    • 10,057 Thanks
    SpekySquarehead
    Good morning everyone,

B - Coffee with cream and MCT Oil
    L - Defrosted cream of chicken soup
    D - Tuna steak with steamed veg

Drinks - black coffee or water

My body is definitely in a state of ketosis now so I'm determined to keep it that way until Sunday, at least. Highly recommended.
    NSD (13/12)
    • CathA
    • By CathA 16th Mar 17, 10:47 AM
    • 992 Posts
    • 3,739 Thanks
    CathA
    Just had my xray result - no tb or anything else to worry about. Gotta have another xray in 6 weeks as there's still a bit of infection hanging about, to check it's all gone and I don't need any more anti biotics. Good news!

Happy Thursday everyone x
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 16th Mar 17, 11:23 AM
    • 1,887 Posts
    • 4,877 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    Excellent news CathA - you must be relieved
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,414Posts Today

7,918Users online

Martin's Twitter