Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Paper Doll
    The Happiness Project 2015
    • 29th Dec 14, 4:29 PM
    The Happiness Project 2015 29th Dec 14 at 4:29 PM
    Hi There!

I hope there's room for a newbie here? I've decided to start a project for myself in 2015 as I want to become a better me, spread happiness and become financially free! Being a lurker on these threads for the last 3 years, these diaries have helped me a lot and I feel that writing things down will help me keep to my goals and hopefully I can learn more about money management

The only time I kept a diary was from ages 12-14 which consisted writing mainly about boys I was in love with eeek. Like many of us, I have debts. Being 30 (thought I'd be 21 forever) I want to get these cleared by December 2015 so I can move on to my long term goal of moving to the USA, which I have already paid a quarter of my Green Card Fees. I have been talking about it for the last 4 years but when debt has a hold of you, you almost feel stuck!

Despite paying off bills, I also have some daily and weekly tasks I aim to stick to;

- Walk 20 mins a day
    - Get a least 7 hours sleeps a day
    - Read a book a week
    - Text someone a nice message to cultivate friendships
    - Watch a film a week
    - Floss Daily
    - Do 50 Squats Daily
    - Walk home from work once a week ( 10 mile walk )
    - Meditate
    - Weekly Declutter
    - Look at ways of earning an additional income

If you've read this far...high five! It would be great to hear what happiness projects you are all doing to make 2015 the best one yet and we can all support one another!

Tesco Loan £6000 / £0.00
    Lloyds CC £2400 / £2118.00
    Barclays CC £706 / £0.00
    0% Loan £4000 / £2600.00

Every great dream begins with a dreamer
Page 3
  • Paper Doll
    VW everything seems to going fab! That community gardening group sounds like fun and something really worthwhile! Maybe you should teach gardening glasses to primary kids and they can learn about composting and get involved with some urban gardening! When I was 18...I used to work at an after school club and they had an awesome gardening club!

Ellsbel...it's difficult to get excited about something that you have no interest in but I think anything can be learnt. If you think it will help you in the long term then I say go for it, but what do you deep down in your soul fancy doing? I am sure you have lots of skills and talents that people would defo pay you for lovely

I have had a rather strange week in terms of, wait for it, I am extremely happy! I was smiling like a loon whilst cooking dinner today and punching the air whilst saying affirmations. Sounds cringey but I feel happy and excited to be creating my life!

This week I got my deposit back on the van I hired, phew, got a refund from the TV license, sold a vintage item on a site I forgot I belonged to and I have woken up each morning at 5am to do 30 mins of exercise and the time I have before work now has made me even more positive. It's really dawned on me that I have to do something everyday to see results.

I am nearing the end of a book called the Miracle Morning and it has really inspired me in my goals and there was one quote in there that really startled me to kick my butt into gear....

'One of the saddest things in life is to get to the end and look back in regret, knowing that you could have been, done and had so much more'

So that's it..I will work my hardest to be debt free in the next year, I will achieve my goals, get my beach body and create the results I want to see in my life! Who's with me!? Fist pump!!!! xxx
    Tesco Loan £6000 / £0.00
    Barclays CC £706 / £0.00
    0% Loan £4000 / £2600.00

• vw campervan mum
    • By vw campervan mum 27th Jan 15, 1:21 PM
    • 207 Posts
    • 1,853 Thanks
    vw campervan mum
    Well done PD. 5 am starts sounds pretty hardcore!!!!
    I had a quick google and it the Miracle mornings look good. They are all things I have read about too and try to implement but I think you're right... it has to be every day, an established habit, to reap the rewards. I will work towards it

I am going to start volunteering in the shop on Thursday morning when they have deliveries. That is gardening day too so action packed Thursdays from now on

I went to a crafting group this morning and started off a bunting project to give to a friend who is getting married on sat 6th feb. Just need to finish off on my sewing machine.

Probably wont go back to the IT course tomorrow. Will motivate myself to learn via google/youtube.
    Debt Free. Have my Van. Find dream
    Frugal 2016 Target @£400 per month
    Month 1 £400/£400 Total of 6 Months: £/£2400
    Food £0/£120 pm Diesel £0/£100 Me/DD £0/£80 Yearly (clothes/holidays/presents) £0/£100

It's not the end, it's the journey and how we travelled.
    • vw campervan mum
    • By vw campervan mum 4th Feb 15, 9:45 AM
    • 207 Posts
    • 1,853 Thanks
    vw campervan mum
    Its gone a bit quiet here! Hope everyone is well? I feel January went on far too long. Thank goodness it feels like Spring is on the way in sunny Lancashire - even with frost on the ground

I had a lovely weekend away near London visiting DS1 and 8 month old grandson. Also met DS2 in Stamford. Such a beautiful place.

I really enjoyed the shop and am going back this Thursday. Gardening was great, we made 2 raised beds outside our leisure centre... in the snow

I have still been reading but not finished the book 59 Seconds. Full of good stuff though. I realise I need to build up the good habits to keep my mood up.
    Debt Free. Have my Van. Find dream
    Frugal 2016 Target @£400 per month
    Month 1 £400/£400 Total of 6 Months: £/£2400
    Food £0/£120 pm Diesel £0/£100 Me/DD £0/£80 Yearly (clothes/holidays/presents) £0/£100

It's not the end, it's the journey and how we travelled.
  • Paper Doll
    Helloooo Everyone! Sorry it has been quiet this side! How is everyone's February going? I think February goes too darn quick and it saddens me it's nearly March as I always think, have I completed my goals for the month?

The reason I haven't written in a while is because I have been really concentrating on developing myself and for the last 30 days, I have been waking up at 5am to exercise, read, meditate and write a script. I can't begin to tell you how I feel I have lost weight, not tons but people have noticed and I am continuing to do so as I love exercising right now! Mind you, by the time 9pm comes, I have hit the sack!

Have been reading lots and have started to write something which actually has a story line. Might take me a couple of drafts, but it's better to have started than to have not!

I finished paying my Tesco loan so am so happy, and I know this is naughty, but I booked a trip to Italy in June with the money that would have come out in March and this motivates me in my fitness and happiness goals. I have also been making food by scratch for lunch so have saved a considerable amount woop woop! Next task is to clear the Lloyds Credit Card which is still on 0% Interest. Have also saved some money towards the car insurance due in June as I do not want to put in on credit card like every year!

I don't think I have ever felt more in control of my life. By just doing new daily habits, I feel focused and want to continue this way. I can't wait to see my results in 3, 6 months as I know momentum makes changes.

What little things have you all been doing that you feel have added changes to your life? Have a fab evening everyone
    Tesco Loan £6000 / £0.00
    Barclays CC £706 / £0.00
    0% Loan £4000 / £2600.00

• ali-t
    • By ali-t 18th Feb 15, 8:09 PM
    • 3,603 Posts
    • 5,564 Thanks
    ali-t
    Well done, I'm not doing so well but Feb is such a short month that I don't feel so bad for not achieving much. Well done
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
    • squishylove1989
    • By squishylove1989 15th Oct 16, 9:19 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    squishylove1989
    Just stumbled across this thread and it looks like I have found it a little too late - is there a 2016 version? Think The Happiness Project is such a lovely idea and would love to follow the journey...perhaps I will join you with by starting one in 2017 as well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,352Posts Today

6,710Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @speirin: @MartinSLewis now thats a blast from the past ???? https://t.co/5cSz1aNWFz

• Have you set the Betamax? Tonight 8pm ITV The Martin Lewis Money Show - if ur married, and/or got kids and/or get tax credits - a must watch

• On my way to @thismorning today "Is a shop telling you porkies" - how to tell your consumer rights from consumer wrongs...

• Follow Martin