Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Freezing
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    • 26th Dec 14, 10:26 PM
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue 26th Dec 14 at 10:26 PM
    Dear all

I just wanted to give some feed back on the terrible service we have had this Christmas from 24/7 Home Rescue.

Firstly, they are not 24/7 - whist you can make a claim with the engineering company they outsource their work to, you can't actually speak to them directly because they are closed until 5 January 2015! Which company in this day and age is closed for this long without someone being available to contact, especially when the say they are 24/7? I have asked the online "webchat" machine wether they have an emergency number they can contact and all I got was an evasive answer to the effect of "someone will call you soon" presumably when they re-open on 5 January!

Long and short of the story is that we had problems with our boiler. They sent out someone to look at it. This engineer reset the boiler and went on his way. The problems persisted and 24/7 have not sent someone to look at the boiler again as they think the problem is a pressure issue. How would they know this without even looking at the boiler after the problems persisted? Any way, it's a fault with the boiler itself but they won't send anyone out to have a look at it. The boiler has broken down again and when I called the third party engineering line we were told there was a note on the system not to send an engineer out until the dispute was investigated. Problem is, they are closed over Christmas and there is no one we can speak to.

If there was an issue which was genuinely not covered the policy then fine, we would get it fixed. But they they allegedly fixed our boiler then when the problems persisted they said it was a problem with the pressure without even looking at the boiler. Also, pressure isn't specifically excluded from the terms of their service.

I have used both British Gas and Homeserve before and for all their faults, at least you can speak to a person at the company over Christmas. Out of Homeserve and British Gas, I would say Homeserve were the best so will be going back to them.

I am sorry to say that these smaller independent companies really don't provide the same level of service.

Sorry for the rant but I was most disappointed to hear the company left us without cover over Christmas.

We've got the electric heaters on for now!
Page 8
    • jicms
    • By jicms 12th Oct 17, 11:36 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    jicms
    Cancellation
    After informing me my annual membership was to be renewed at double the premium I could not get through to them to cancel on the phone so I cancelled via email. They never replied and debited my account with the first instalment. My bank, First Direct, were very helpful and refunded the unauthorised payment and put a note on my account that no further payments were to be taken by them.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 12th Oct 17, 11:42 PM
    • 455 Posts
    • 366 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    After informing me my annual membership was to be renewed at double the premium I could not get through to them to cancel on the phone so I cancelled via email. They never replied and debited my account with the first instalment. My bank, First Direct, were very helpful and refunded the unauthorised payment and put a note on my account that no further payments were to be taken by them.
    Originally posted by jicms

Yep they did the same to me. Keep an eye open as they still took money from my account after I told the bank. The bank had to go one step further to block them.
    • Georgemcc
    • By Georgemcc 13th Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Georgemcc
    Omg 247 rescue is an horrendous company please please stay clear!! They are NOT AN INSURANCE BASED COMPANY SO THEY DONT COME UNDER THE OMBUSMAN OR FCA REMIT. I called them out and was charged £75, They said it was over pressurised it was by my tennant as it was loosing pressure for some unknown reason.
    They sent an engineer who texted me it was all fixed. One week later another phone call telling my wife the first call out payment of £75 didn’t go through for some reason so she paid again (she works in a bank) then after payment was made she was informed another fault had been reported, (sneaky way to get you to pay for the same problem twice) They visited again (Same problem) they didn’t attempt to fix the problem they just deemed my boiler beyond economical repair, They could repair at my own cost for £980.

So I was £150 out of pocket for x2 call outs and told they weren’t doing anything else!! Period!!! FANTASTIC CONTRACT I HAD!

I eventually sent my own engineer around and boiler was fixed & fully serviceable for £135. ABSOLUTE DISGUSTING RIP OFF MERCHANTS PLEASE STAY CLEAR
    • Donna1001
    • By Donna1001 18th Oct 17, 8:25 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Donna1001
    I have also had very similar problems with this company.

They have recently set up a direct debit & taken money without my consent, threatened me with baillifs & despite promises on twitter, have never phoned me!

I'm not sure I'll ever get rid of them!
    • Torres9
    • By Torres9 18th Oct 17, 10:15 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Torres9
    These cowboys tried to trick me into taking cover out with the old 'REWARDS FREE 1month for being a valued customer!' con. Unlike Netflix or Prime their idea of a 'FREE' month isn't to offer you a free month trial (Notice how they cleverly word it to make you think you're getting a good deal when the only thing they DO cover is their own a*se!) but to dangle the bait then slap a schedule of monthly direct debits on your account. I didn't notice at first because I had already signed up to Boiler cover (Ha! Joke!) so they already had my bank details and just needed a simple 'yes' in a reply via email to activate it. Sly doesn't come close to these guys! They kept quiet hoping I wouldn't notice - even when I claimed for a call out on our boiler and gave them the wrong reference number! As soon as I realised their game I immediately cancelled my direct debits and after the rant I had with them over their 'Beyond Economical Repair' stunt I made sure they wouldn't be getting another penny! £13.51 phone calls to them in 3 days, not to mention the state their engineer left our kitchen in. And to top it all off they left my disabled wife with no heating all week when they could have switched the heating back on, as the fault lay with the hot water supply - Not the central heating!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,420Posts Today

6,908Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin