Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Freezing
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    • 26th Dec 14, 10:26 PM
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue 26th Dec 14 at 10:26 PM
    Dear all

I just wanted to give some feed back on the terrible service we have had this Christmas from 24/7 Home Rescue.

Firstly, they are not 24/7 - whist you can make a claim with the engineering company they outsource their work to, you can't actually speak to them directly because they are closed until 5 January 2015! Which company in this day and age is closed for this long without someone being available to contact, especially when the say they are 24/7? I have asked the online "webchat" machine wether they have an emergency number they can contact and all I got was an evasive answer to the effect of "someone will call you soon" presumably when they re-open on 5 January!

Long and short of the story is that we had problems with our boiler. They sent out someone to look at it. This engineer reset the boiler and went on his way. The problems persisted and 24/7 have not sent someone to look at the boiler again as they think the problem is a pressure issue. How would they know this without even looking at the boiler after the problems persisted? Any way, it's a fault with the boiler itself but they won't send anyone out to have a look at it. The boiler has broken down again and when I called the third party engineering line we were told there was a note on the system not to send an engineer out until the dispute was investigated. Problem is, they are closed over Christmas and there is no one we can speak to.

If there was an issue which was genuinely not covered the policy then fine, we would get it fixed. But they they allegedly fixed our boiler then when the problems persisted they said it was a problem with the pressure without even looking at the boiler. Also, pressure isn't specifically excluded from the terms of their service.

I have used both British Gas and Homeserve before and for all their faults, at least you can speak to a person at the company over Christmas. Out of Homeserve and British Gas, I would say Homeserve were the best so will be going back to them.

I am sorry to say that these smaller independent companies really don't provide the same level of service.

Sorry for the rant but I was most disappointed to hear the company left us without cover over Christmas.

We've got the electric heaters on for now!
Page 6
    • sajuabraham
    • By sajuabraham 21st Jun 17, 4:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sajuabraham
    I called 24/7 out because my tenants boiler broke down, the boiler had been serviced less than a month earlier , I had to pay £60 for the service, which took the engineer about 10mins. After the service hot water was delayed. The boiler then broke down less than a month after the service was done.
    I called the company and another engineer came and turned the tap on and then left, the engineer didn't even have a look at the boiler, the engineer had to be paid £75 for callout! They claimed that the engineer who didn't even look at the boiler told them that the 'boiler was beyond economical repair and They wanted me to pay £250 before they would repair the boiler. The company then cancelled my cover without even informing me because they say that it would be uneconomical to repair the boiler. I only found out that they had cancelled my cover when I called 247 about a missed call from them lasting all of 2 rings. They also didn't have the basic decency to refund the callout charge!!! The customer service personnel were extremely unhelpful and rude. The engineers they have must either be unqualified or incompetent. This was the worst experience of my life, one I wouldn't wish on anyone. Avoid 24/7 at all cost!!! Do not fall for their adverts which claim discounts for anything and everything, I was misled by their adverts but their service truly shocking and utterly disgusting!!!
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 22nd Jun 17, 6:34 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    WARNING.

These people have started in the car breakdown service. One can only imagine what will follow.
    • alibee23
    • By alibee23 23rd Jun 17, 2:23 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    alibee23
    247 home rescue lost in court
    Hi to all those people who have been a victim of this rip off company, take heart. I decided to take them to the small claims court for breach of contract and have been succsessful in recovering the cost of a boiler repair that they flatly refused to honour under their specified terms and conditions. Don`t be bullied by them. For a small fee I represented myself against a qualified barrister and won the day.I am now off to celebrate, and feel happy in the knowledge that not only has it cost them double the amount of what the repair would have cost, but more to the point their tactics of refusing to abide by the letter of the law will not get past a decent judge.Sue them and you will win.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 23rd Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Hi to all those people who have been a victim of this rip off company, take heart. I decided to take them to the small claims court for breach of contract and have been succsessful in recovering the cost of a boiler repair that they flatly refused to honour under their specified terms and conditions. Don`t be bullied by them. For a small fee I represented myself against a qualified barrister and won the day.I am now off to celebrate, and feel happy in the knowledge that not only has it cost them double the amount of what the repair would have cost, but more to the point their tactics of refusing to abide by the letter of the law will not get past a decent judge.Sue them and you will win.
    Originally posted by alibee23

What was their defence?

And well done btw.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 24th Jun 17, 4:32 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    B_M
    Originally posted by alibee23
    Well done.
    They are stubborn and hopefully they will have learnt something here.
    They don't like being told what to do though, they are bullies.

Would it be possible to post the court details?
    That would give confidence to others.

Thanks though, you have made my weekend.

Welcome to MSE too.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • alibee23
    • By alibee23 26th Jun 17, 1:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    alibee23
    Use money claims online( MCOL)
    For all those that have got nowhere with this company`s claims proceedure, and exhausted all their dispute proceedures,which incidently are a disgrace, simply logon to Money Claims On Line (MCOL). For around £35.00 if the claim is less than £1000, you can set up a case in the small claims court. Make sure you fill in all the forms correctly and provide the court with all the information that they will request once the claim becomes active. In my case as I represented myself the court was sympathetic to me with regard to the fact that I should have sent more information at the outset , but they did allow the case to proceed. (There is help if you are not sure what to do). Make sure you have everything written down and keep all relevant invoices and documents to hand as you are required to make a statement to the presiding judge, and they will need to be viewed .Depending on your location you will be given a choice of courts,however the final choice on venue will be decided by the tribunals service and you may have to travel a short distance .If you feel intimidated by representing yourself the proccedure is very low key and usually in a small room rather than a large court.As I stated in my first post you may have a barrister representing 247 Home Rescue to oppose you, but as i proved if you present an honest account to the court you will win. I feel sure in time 247 Home Rescue will take a more pragmatic view and hopefully settle most cases out of court rather than risk losing financially and more importantly their already tarnished reputation.
    • alibee23
    • By alibee23 30th Jun 17, 6:54 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    alibee23
    take them to court
    For all those that have got nowhere with this company`s claims proceedure, and exhausted all their dispute proceedures,which incidently are a disgrace, simply logon to Money Claims On Line (MCOL). For around £35.00 if the claim is less than £1000, you can set up a case in the small claims court. Make sure you fill in all the forms correctly and provide the court with all the information that they will request once the claim becomes active. In my case as I represented myself the court was sympathetic to me with regard to the fact that I should have sent more information at the outset , but they did allow the case to proceed. (There is help if you are not sure what to do). Make sure you have everything written down and keep all relevant invoices and documents to hand as you are required to make a statement to the presiding judge, and they will need to be viewed .Depending on your location you will be given a choice of courts,however the final choice on venue will be decided by the tribunals service and you may have to travel a short distance .If you feel intimidated by representing yourself the proccedure is very low key and usually in a small room rather than a large court.As I stated in my first post you may have a barrister representing 247 Home Rescue to oppose you, but as i proved if you present an honest account to the court you will win. I feel sure in time 247 Home Rescue will take a more pragmatic view and hopefully settle most cases out of court rather than risk losing financially and more importantly their already tarnished reputation.
    • GypsyRose
    • By GypsyRose 4th Jul 17, 12:10 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    GypsyRose
    I have just done a search on MS.com for boiler cover and an offer came up with money saving expert in partnership offering a reduction for going with this company!!! How can moneysavingexpert possibly recommend after this catalogue of disasters stretching back years???
    • cokeblk
    • By cokeblk 4th Jul 17, 1:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cokeblk
    Hi All
    I agree with Gypsy Rose and I would find it very disappointing if MSE are directing anyone towards this Company.
    I am another consumer who has been duped by 24/7.
    A monthly rolling contract becomes a years binding contract.
    A free boiler call out becomes a £75 upfront deposit .
    No charges for parts and labour becomes a further contribution towards a manufacturers repair.
    With 24/7 everything is in the small print terms and conditions.No hidden excess or charges means we have put them in the small print so they are not hidden and we do have them!!
    I have reported them to Trading standards but it seems that they are taking their time to act. I have written a letter of complaint. Never e-mail and make sure you send all letters recorded delivery for your records.
    I will take them to the small claims court if I get no joy from them and realistically I am not expecting to.
    What I want to happen here is that we can act to get this company stopped from operating in this fashion. I am looking for organisations M.Ps or consumer champions to help me to work on this. I cannot believe that companies like this are allowed to operate outside all regulation and that such little regard is afforded to ill informed consumers who are being given no protection.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 5th Jul 17, 1:37 AM
    • 84 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    I will say it again. I have watched them on Trustpilot. For anyone who does not know you can pay TP to edit the reviews of your own company.

What 24/7 do is flag for all sorts of reasons 75% or more of the negative reviews. The reasons maybe using a persons first name who answers the phone or comparing to a competitor. They now like to comment..............."This review has been removed"

Ohh and how about this one.........."There has been an issue displaying this review. "

The above is what 24/7 have wrote to give you the impression there is an issue when in-fact these scammers have wrote it for the reason they have removed the review!!!

Most people wont jump through hoops and as they are doing TP a favour will just move on if the review has been removed. 24/7 Will ask for this references and that reference. Anything to just put you off and wear you down.

Trustpilot will tell you no one can remove a review but if you can not see it what's the point.

Go on there now and see what I mean............https://www.trustpilot.com/review/247homerescue.co.uk
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 05-07-2017 at 1:44 AM.
    • Madeleine Brierley
    • By Madeleine Brierley 7th Jul 17, 9:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Madeleine Brierley
    Hi all. I wish I had read all the above comments about this company before I took out the contract. What a shower!

I've not had to contact 24/7 until recently when they rang me to organise a date and time to do the annual service on my boiler. A day and date were arranged. One hour later, the same operative rang me to arrange a day and date to service my boiler. I pointed out that he had spoken to me only one hour before. He clearly had no memory of our conversation but we agreed that a day and date had been arranged.

Yesterday, I received two calls from the company. Unable to speak to them, I didn't do anything about it. They rang me today and left a message to ring them back and to select option 4 when presented with options. Number 4 was to choose to end your contract! I rang again and chose another option. The girl told me that the call was to confirm that my boiler would be serviced on the day and date previously arranged. Strange, I thought. Why bother confirming when it's been confirmed already?

Two hours later, a young man rang to say that the engineer would be on holiday (I kid you not; perhaps they've only got one engineer) and could they rearrange. I told him they'd confirmed only 2 hours before. Of course, he knew nothing about that. We made another arrangement. got later this month.

Let's see if this one is cancelled or if they turn up. I have a feeling they may turn up on the original day. We'll see. I don't hold out too much hope for getting good service from this company. I'll be going back to Homeserve even though they are much more expensive. Homeserve have a 5* review on a site I found.
    • Clairewoods74
    • By Clairewoods74 14th Jul 17, 1:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Clairewoods74
    I have just had the same as everyone on this thread! Do they actually cover anything? Feel completely swindled! Boiler was making awful noises in March and not working efficiently but I was told that the only way I could get an engineer out was if I paid £75 then ant extra for parts and labour. In other words, not covered as it hadn't actually properly broken down! So couldn't pre-empt it getting worse or it breaking down. We left it but we are now having issues with heating coming on when we don't have it to come on, hot water issues, pressure issues etc. It has broken down. I have been told that again that it isn't covered as a pre-existing issue. How would they know though as they haven't ever looked at it! Again, can pay 75 plus parts and labour. In other words my boiler is not covered at all in the way it was explained to me and I am supposed to have no excess but this clearly isn't the case as the only way I can get them out is pay! What on earth do they cover? What faults are 'acceptable?' They just keep referring to the terms and conditions but none of this is explained when you sign up! I have also had no service which was promised. They have an answer for everything! Completely regretting changing from British gas now as at least they came out, no queries! They say if it's too good to be true it usually is and you get what you pay for and this seems to be definitely the case with 24/7! I'm cancelling my direct debit and hoping we can get an independent plumber out now as now left in the lurch by 24/7 with money down the drain! Complete con artists! DO NOT sign up with this company. I'm complaining to watchdog as I think there are enough unhappy customers to warrant them being looked into.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

198Posts Today

1,193Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin