PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th December 2014

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,425 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :wave: Morning all !
    Thank you to Dusty for the new thread and Natty for last week's.
    :snow_laug
    I'm in - both for this week's flying and the ironing mountain (except mine will only be a molehill :D )

Things to be done today (Dusty's list first):

Declutter floors even if it's just into a box or binbag to hide away
    - hang up coats and hats which were left out to dry when we came in last night
    S&S downstairs loo and complete other dailies
    Straighten Christmas tree- especially the cables, and finish hanging baubles
    Hover and mop all downstairs - :rotfl: it would be great if I could really fly, especially with my dodgy knee but I think I'll have to keep my feet on the ground
    Last minute check on presents - have you got everything? Must make finger puppets for DGD2 this week: I've printed out some patterns and ideas.
    Any decorations and other assorted bits and pieces you do not want take to the charity shop asap to give them chance to sell

Finish typing and send out Minutes of Thursday's meeting
    2 more emails
    Take DH to station for 10.00 am and collect him when he rings mid-afternoon
    Phone 2 friends
    Do food shoppping
    Pop into town for the few things that I cannot get at @ld1 and remember to use vouchers wherever possible
    Prepare food for the Old Wives' party this evening
    Order printer cartridges
    Burn CD-RW and sew sail, then the second resource box will be complete - only another seven to go (different contents for different courses) :o
    Deliver local cards
    Collect my friend and take her to the Old Wives' party, even if only for half an hour

Very pleased to hear of your OH's continuing good progress, Narco: GWS and calming vibes still coming your way.
    Thoughts and prayers for your two pupils, Liane.
    GWS and don't-pass-it-on vibes Master Moo
    Glad Littley Dog slept well, Jazee.
    (((Hugs))) to mummyroys and family: it's not easy to have to make a decision like that.

Special spoons decorated with a sprig of holly are available in the jar on the side for all school staff for this busy week = please help yourselves :xmassmile
    Hope everyone has a good day x
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all xx

I did say last week I am fine just a bit absent in my busying.. I have however woken up with cold again!! and Dot has icky puffy eyes, Pixie is a snotfest and Squeak has developed an allergy to something which had me up late and woke everyone up at some ungodly hour being itchy.. piriton to the rescue!! I need to know what it was though it made her rashy for 2 days and now her eczema is having a flare up! That is now keeping us awake.

DS3 had a severe hypo in the middle of the night on Thursday so he had a post-hypo meltdown at school on Friday and was sent home.. :(
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have decided to take the day off the paid stuff and go back to bed, might catch you later.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 December 2014 at 4:21PM
    Options
    Been up 2 hours and already landed post flying so having 15 minutes and a cup of tea in front of the light box before my shower.

Dailies done
    DW emptied from yesterday's early Christmas dinner and reloaded and back on
    WM unloaded and on driers and another load put on
    Kitchen S&S, table laid for tonight's meal - leftover cold cuts, chips and pickles. Boxing Day Mark 1:D Fortunately there is hardly any turkey left so won't be eating it for a fortnight:rotfl:

Monday Downstairs (minus the kitchen) including Rooms of Doom
    15 minutes .....
    Declutter floors even if it's just into a box or binbag to hide away. All put away
    30 minutes to spare....
    S&S downstairs loo Not got one, so [STRIKE]will do[/STRIKE] have done ensuite after my shower
    Last minute check on presents - have you got everything? [STRIKE]Just waiting two deliveries and everything so far is wrapped[/STRIKE] Have now arrived and are wrapped
    Hover and mop all of downstairs Hoovered, will mop tonight after dinner

HHI - especially for those on the challenge Will do tonight, reckon 1 hour's worth and will all be done

My list is

BEFORE WORK - REMEMBER TO COLLECT FIT NOTE FROM DOCTORS RECEPTION, AS I FORGOT ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. Collected and now delivered to my HR department

Make some lunch for work - Gammon and piccalilli sandwich - yum Enjoyed very much
    Remember mug for coffee at work Remembered

Wrap last Ebay parcels of the year, in the last month made just over £150 on stuff I would normally have taken to the CS so feeling quite pleased about that. Done

Hugs, spoons and sticks to all who need them.

Pigpen - GWS to all your family and may it stop spreading down the line
    Narco - very pleased to hear your OH is being moved to a ward. Sitting up will be much better for him, you can watch the world go by more easily.
    JulieJim - GWS
    Bossy and Crowdpleaser - GWS to your little ones

Have a good day and stay safe and warm.
    Gilly x
  • wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to really try and be in this week but my GUAG has seriously gone. I really don't feel like doing anything :(
    Finally had court, but ex husband was found not guilty :mad: I'm not surprised as I didn't have any proper witnesses so itwas really his word against mine. I was made out to be a liar which has hit me hard. The worse thing is that the long term restraining order my barrister promised I'd get is only 3 months long. So basically by March he can do what he likes.
    I now have to wait for paper work from witness care and go down the civil route and try and get a non molestation order. Won't get that done til after Christmas so at the moment I just feel like hibernating :( not easily done when I'm not sorted for Christmas yet and have been given the task of doing my parents Christmas present shopping to. My mum's not too great on her feet nowadays and with my dad the way he is he's more of a hindrance than a help :o
    At the moment everywhere in the house is a cross between a warehouse and a jumble sale, there's boxes and bags everywhere!
    I'm waiting for DD1 to get up, it's her day off but has to go in for parents evening at her nursery later. She's not the happiest girl at the moment as she failed her driving test for the 3rd time last week :( Forgot to check her mirror at the end of her bay park?
    We have to take wage slips to the council, pick a parcel up for my mum and return/exchange some things. I also want to get a baby's first Christmas card as my friends had their baby boy by emergency c-section yesterday. Early due to complications (size of 33 weeks, should have been 39) and complications after :( Baby in ICU, mum on the mend, don't think they'll have another :( (her first, his 5th) but hopefully they'll be home for Christmas :)

I'll check back in later when I've actually done something :o

TTFN
  • decogecko
    decogecko Posts: 763 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2014 at 12:43PM
    Options
    Morning all

Thank you for the lists this week Dusty. Please count me in for the ironing challenge. :snow_laug

Had a day off yesterday and finally got round to watching 'It's a Wonderful Life'. What a beautiful film.

GWS vibes to all the poorlies. Welcome to the newbies and hello lurkers :wave:

Need to buy tags at lunchtime and get some bits for my Grandad's hamper. My aunty had asked for me to take him out for a meal as his present, but he needs a wheelchair, being on my own I am unable to lift him in and out of the chair and my car. So a hamper it'll have to be.

My tree isn't going up until xmas eve - I've decided to create my own traditions and was inspired by the way they do it in Iceland. Also not so errant cat (actually he's only 7 months old, so still a kitten, but the size of a small cat :eek: ) will probably bring it down. Natty he was given lots of cuddles over the weekend and my parting words to him this morning were 'don't get lost'.

Have a great day all

Deco x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 December 2014 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me joining you. When I feel overwhelmed I normally post my list of chores on the Old Style daily thread but I suppose its more suitable to post on here.

I shall be following my own list though and picking up ideas from you all. A lot of my jobs are repartitious but writing them down gives me the push I need (especially when I can cross them off the list).

Things to be done today:

[strike]Vacuum upstairs[/strike]
    [strike]Wet wipe/clean upstairs[/strike]
    [strike]Vacuum stairs[/strike]
    [strike]Vacuum downstairs[/strike]
    [strike]Wet wipe/clean downstairs[/strike]
    [strike]Steam clean kitchen and bathroom floors[/strike]
    [strike]Steam clean bathroom[/strike]
    Laundry
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2014 at 10:25PM
    Options
    morning all
    thank you for the lists Dusty and Natty - im in as much as i can be.
    im also in for the clear the ironing pile challenge
    hugs sticks spoons and positive vibes to all who need them
    massive supporting hugs to wendywitch (i feel:mad:on your behalf)
    get well and healing vibes to all who need them.

made a decent start this morning came to a decision about the martial arts club weve run for 18 years. sadly its not working for the last few months weve had 1 regular student so the 3 instructors have been paying to cover the rent so that we could carry on. crunch came when i reminded them that they all need renewing insurance and crbs in the new year which will be another expense. got them all to confirm closing is the only thing to do and wrote a letter cancelling our booking from the end of term. its made me feel really sad as its been a big part of our lives for so long but its the right thing to do. as we originally set up to teach our own children self defence and none of them have come for years.
    also ate a small frog Dh has a fitness mag subscription that he commented he hadnt had a mag for a while, so rang to chase that to find its gone into liquidation so he wont get any more. i got given a phone number to chase up repayment for missing issues but i wont hold my breath.
    just back from the post office run last of the postal pressies have now gone, i hand delivered remaining local christmas cards on the way there, and nipped in Ts to get a couple of boxes of chocs for the reception staff and secretaries at high school then dropped those and the letter off on the way back
    Monday Downstairs (minus the kitchen) including Rooms of Doom
    15 minutes .....

[STRIKE]Declutter floors even if it's just into a box or binbag to hide away.[/STRIKE]
    30 minutes to spare....
    Last minute check on presents - have you got everything?
    [STRIKE]Hover [/STRIKE]and mop all of downstairs
    Got an hour....
    Dust all dusty areas
    [STRIKE]Straighten Christmas tree[/STRIKE]
    HHI - especially for those on the challenge

Extras
    Make space for new toys either by storing the old ones away for a while or collecting for charity/ebay/carboot in the New Year

Any decorations you do not want take to the charity shop asap to give them chance to sell.

Finish writing cards or give up on the idea of sending any

my list
    [STRIKE]post last parcels[/STRIKE]
    hand deliver ALL local cards - most done
    panto with primary school
    full govs meeting
    take some stuff down to food bank
    [STRIKE]clear all crafting stuff away tidy till after christmas[/STRIKE]
    ring Dad
    sort cake out for DS1s birthday (20 on sunday:eek:)
    explorers christmas party - journey share
    Dh at works day out - extra pack up
    take cards into work
    finish wrapping presies
    church carol service

off to find something to do before work.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Third load twirling in the WM, fourth load finishing off in the TD from Saturday's marathon WM episode, double room being spring cleaned, curried parsnip soup made for lunch, kitchen tidied, and there are now only four Christmas cards for which I need to hunt down addresses. Then I can go and deliver the local ones, post the far away ones and walk somewhere I'd normally drive to but the traffic is manic and it's good for me. I have energy today, for once, so I'm making the most of it! Masses more to do that's on the Urgent list for today, so I hope it lasts.

I'm compiling a Toots list, after two and half years of Flying, in each room as I spring clean it. I'd have procrastinated until the new year but the Double is let from 4 January and it's the least needy room in the house, so I may as well start there.
    Better is good enough.
  • mamaninie
    Options
    afternoon all :) I went to see ds in his carol concert this morning with dd2 - it was great even though I saw him only fleetingly. I was right at the back and he was stood behind the tallest year 2 girl :rotfl:

Today's list is almost freakishly identical to the list I drew up while sipping my latte and eating a pain au chocolat in the french cafe afterwards - so thanks for that! :D

Have decluttered a frog already - I needed to get occy health off my back about a vaccination missing from my record and they sent me yet another appt for today, thankfully I managed to sort it out over the phone with the nurse without having to traipse the other side of town with dd2 - hurrah!

I'm also getting much more efficient with my admin - I have followed up my teaching session and invoiced for fees and travel within 24 hours of the session :j:j:j

we popped into the bike shop after @sda today and bought the lollipop man some vouchers - thought it would be more useful than adding to the mountain of choc and booze he gets every year and I know he's a big bike fan. Also got DH some new gloves that he'd asked for, so that's him sorted for xmas, jsut need to get the kids to choose something for him. They usually go a bit off the wall - like Hot Wheelz or technical lego etc, so I like to let them choose:rotfl: DH loves their choices :rotfl: And got a new white at the front and red at the back flashing light to go on top of my helmet, which will bring my total lights to 5, plus my yellow fluorescent jacket as I'm still having lots of near misses with cars :mad::mad::mad::eek::eek:

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:xxxxxxx Drivers - please please please THINK BIKE xxxxxx:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure