Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 163
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 26th Nov 17, 3:17 PM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 2,647 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Ah Kirstypoos glad all is OK. This happened to me at 36weeks last pregnancy. I saw you can buy pads in boots that detect aniotic fluid, think I'll but them for later in my pregnancy - a bit expensive for now! At least it means you can know if it's wee or waters. Was it just braxton hicks then? They can be scary too! I had them quite bad a couple of weeks ago, totally panicked but they eventually went away. One more sleep until my scan, woop woop!
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 28th Nov 17, 1:40 PM
    • 1,309 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    lauradora
    How is everyone today?

My job is rubbish so have decided I am going to spend more time on here talking to you lot

Things are ticking over well for me. DH finally felt the baby kick last night, finally. I was starting to think he had lost all of the feeling in his hands

Hope things are getting better for you Kirsty,

How was your scan Sweetie??

I want rid of my debt and my fat in 2015!
    DFW nerd no 844

• sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 28th Nov 17, 8:12 PM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 2,647 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Scan went well thanks!! Baby is growing well and all looks healthy. My next scan is January now. I've got plenty of appointment's to keep me busy before then!

Lol shame about the rubbish job laura, what do you work as? Don't think baby likes getting up for work in the mornings, I was sick this morning!

Looking forward to my midwife appointment tomorrow, will hopefully get my MATB1 and apply for my baby box xx
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 29th Nov 17, 12:52 PM
    • 3,088 Posts
    • 13,766 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Hi laura, spending more time talking to us sounds like a great plan to me! Hope today is better for you though. How exciting that he felt baby kick too! My OH still hasn't and has shown very little interest in trying to feel so I'm still part sulking about that

I'm not having as many pains although they are still there so I feel better. Have my 24 week appt next Tuesday so I'm looking forward to hearing babys heartbeat and asking her about some issues I have going on - terrible constipation and haemorrhoids (sorry for the TMI!) I am really struggling with it at the moment

Glad scan went ok sweeti, and that your midwife appointment went well
    £175/3000 OH BC(94.16% PAID)
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £175/31010.23 (99.43% paid)
    Mortgage - £161,000.00 (2017 O/P £3191.73) PAYDBX 17 #006 - £17,910.81/14,539.71
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 29th Nov 17, 4:13 PM
    • 1,309 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    lauradora
    I'm working as a secretary not my usual line of work at all but took the temp job when I had my BFP as last job was dealing with challenging behaviour..

Not spoken to OH about things as I know he is feeling the same..he's quite good at stuff like that and has also said he is feeling Laura deficient. Although we have had a lot on over the past few weeks but things should start calming down so now we should have some weekends together without baby talk/shopping (well ok, maybe a bit of shopping)...also cashied in my clubcard vouchers for some cinema tickets so got that to look forward to

Glad you mentioned Constipation as I was really suffering however, call me weird but it seems that now baby is moving more i'm pooing more!! Call me crazy or is that because i'm getting some sort of internal baby massage!!
    Also I do go for reflexology which helps a little, also being sat at a desk all day means that I do make note to drink more regularly. The water cooler round the corner helps to

I am still itching like crazy though

DFW nerd no 844

• NBDS
    • By NBDS 30th Nov 17, 1:25 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    NBDS
    Hi all - sorry, have been travelling alot with work and so busy I've been forgetting to check in. I really need the xmas break to hurry up!

kirsty glad to see the pains have eased off a little for you, must have been scary.

sweeti had my scan also and all growing nicely, hospital did some 3d images for us which I wasn't expecting, I'm now not in denial it's a real little person in there. Did you keep the sex a surprise?X
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 30th Nov 17, 4:05 PM
    • 1,309 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    lauradora
    Sorry you're busy NBDS. Don't you over do it!!

DFW nerd no 844

• sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 30th Nov 17, 5:01 PM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 2,647 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Don't work too hard NBDS :-)

Yeah sex will be a surprise. Getting my hair done today - pregnancy really makes me grey!!
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 4th Dec 17, 3:26 PM
    • 1,309 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    lauradora
    Whats everyones opinion on me using a sunbed??

I want your honest thoughts, its because this eczema is driving me crazy I was thinking that just a few 3 minute sessions might help;

What do you reckon??
    I've had a google of it, and i've not spoken to anyone yet just wandered if anyone had come across this. When I googled it one of the first things that came up was something about Katie Price

DFW nerd no 844

• lauradora
    • By lauradora 4th Dec 17, 3:28 PM
    • 1,309 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    lauradora
    Sweetie

I'm glad I'm not the only one...I thought it was just because I've not been dying my hair as I usually would! but pepper highlights are definitely on the increase

DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 4th Dec 17, 3:35 PM
    • 3,088 Posts
    • 13,766 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Whats everyones opinion on me using a sunbed??

I want your honest thoughts, its because this eczema is driving me crazy I was thinking that just a few 3 minute sessions might help;

What do you reckon??
    I've had a google of it, and i've not spoken to anyone yet just wandered if anyone had come across this. When I googled it one of the first things that came up was something about Katie Price
    Originally posted by lauradora
    I honestly don't know lauradora - I probably wouldn't but I'm a bit of a stresshead. My midwife said to avoid high temps is if it will be for 10 mins or more so I wouldn't have thought it would cause an issue - I was in Australia and New Zealand at 15 weeks having some pleasant weather and being in the sun didn't worry me then so I'm not sure why sunbeds would make me think twice. Probably me being a stresshead! xx
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £175/31010.23 (99.43% paid)
    Mortgage - £161,000.00 (2017 O/P £3191.73) PAYDBX 17 #006 - £17,910.81/14,539.71
    • 74jax
    • By 74jax 4th Dec 17, 6:32 PM
    • 4,536 Posts
    • 6,116 Thanks
    74jax
    Apologies all for gatecrashing your thread but you are all the PERFECT people to help me. What would like for Christmas? I know the obvious pregnancy spa day/pregnancy toiletries. But what would you REALLY want?

For a friend who will be 14 weeks pregnant, and under £40 of possible? Please list anything, as silly as you think of may be. But from your honest opinion what would make you feel as though thought had been put in the gift?
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 4th Dec 17, 8:50 PM
    • 3,088 Posts
    • 13,766 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    74jax I would have killed someone for a pregnancy pillow from about 16 weeks. It's been a godsend for me, but it depends what your friend is like and whether she would appreciate that?
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 6th Dec 17, 1:07 PM
    • 3,088 Posts
    • 13,766 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    I am officially 24 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe I'm about to hit that viability milestone, it's scary and exciting at the same time but mostly I'm just relieved to have gotten this far

Hope everyone is ok? x
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 11th Dec 17, 10:52 AM
    • 1,309 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    lauradora
    morning all!

Hope all is well. Its very quiet on here Is that because everyone is sleeping every spare minute of the day they have like I am??

Morning Kirtsy

I am 23 weeks today. Which milestone are you reaching???

DFW nerd no 844

• LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 11th Dec 17, 11:21 AM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hi all

Can I join you please? Had my 12 week scan last week (all looking good ) and I'm now 13+3. Bizarre to think I'll be 4 months gone by New Year...

For the lady looking for present ideas, if you're not adverse to gift vouchers, how about vouchers for Jojo Maman or similar? Unless she's already had a few children (in which case she's probably already got clothes and possibly wearing them!) she'll probably be getting to the point where some maternity wear is welcome.
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 11th Dec 17, 12:41 PM
    • 1,309 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    lauradora
    Good morning LavenderBee and welcome xxx

DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 11th Dec 17, 2:27 PM
    • 3,088 Posts
    • 13,766 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Welcome over Lavender I still lurk on the old thread so I'm happy to see you over on this one too

Laura from 24 weeks if he was born prematurely they would use medical intervention whereas before 24 weeks it's unusual so it's the first viability milestone (one of the Apps I use, Ovia, gives you a medal which is fun!)

I'm still sleeping a lot but had a busy weekend putting the tree up and cleaning the house. Anything to stay away from the horrible snow which caused so many problems round here over the weekend!

I've just realised I should be moving to the next thread now I'm 24+4 but that's a bit scary for me so I think I'll just linger around here a bit longer if that's ok with everyone xx
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 11th Dec 17, 4:45 PM
    • 1,309 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    lauradora
    Yes I think you should stay a while, were running a bit thin on the ground

DFW nerd no 844

• LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 11th Dec 17, 5:51 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Why is that pregnancy threads run low on members when I arrive?!

I lurk on the old threads too Kirtsy, but I never read forwards, odd isn't it. I think it's because it's difficult enough keeping up with what's happening now, let alone think about what's coming ahead!

I am sooo looking forward to the second trimester. I have marginally more energy now but plenty of aches and pains - and the emotions hit this weekend. I have been in fits and inconsolable over the oddest things (I dropped a piece of rubbish and bawled like a toddler for 20 minutes, it was just an empty can I meant to put in the recycling bin and missed! DH has been amazing thankfully).

I do hope this bit is short lived!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

973Posts Today

6,280Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin