Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 160
    • TwentySomethingGirl
    • By TwentySomethingGirl 23rd Aug 17, 1:20 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 368 Thanks
    TwentySomethingGirl
    We haven't got anything from the list yet, but this weekend is ear-marked for sorting out the spare room (read: junk room) so that we have somewhere to start putting things when we do get them. We're hopefully borrowing a bedside crib from my sister so will need a new mattress for that, and borrowing some other things too. My sister finds it odd that I'm not bothered about having second hand things...I dread to think how much they spent on stuff overall, each to their own though.

I've told work my last day will be 17th November, though don't have the mat form yet. Got my glucose test and a midwife appt next week so hopefully I'll get it then. Also have finally been told I have an infection! After months of "we think you've got an infection but we're not sure, do another sample" it must have got bad enough that they want me to have anti-biotics though I have no symptoms as far as I know. I also seem to have developed some insomnia, though it's been better the last couple of nights but I think that's because my husband is away and I have the bed to myself!
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16 Remortgaged Sep17 to pay off HtB loan £150000
    MFW2017 #85 £2633.7/£2500 12K IN 17 #85 £5500/£12000
    MFW2016 £3614.63/£2500
    MFW2015 £811.60/£1200
    • princesst84
    • By princesst84 23rd Aug 17, 9:05 PM
    • 620 Posts
    • 2,523 Thanks
    princesst84
    Hey everyone, just came across this thread so thought I would join in. 14+6 and found out last friday we are expecting twins! 40 week due date is 15th Feb so due anytime from mid Jan I would expect but seeing our consultant on the 6th Sept to find out more about twins pregnancys/births etc. Havent bought anything yet as we wanted to wait until our scan last week and have been too excited since to think clearly.
    • sk00bie1
    • By sk00bie1 6th Sep 17, 9:35 AM
    • 646 Posts
    • 2,654 Thanks
    sk00bie1
    Hi princesst84 and welcome! Twins! Wow, that's exciting

I've had a second midwife appointment and got the gestational diabetes test tomorrow, not looking forward to that one! Starting getting horrid acid reflux and sciatica in my right side... Not fun!

Also just realised I'm 24 weeks now so will have to move on to the next thread soon

Hope everyone else is doing fine
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger No. 26
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
    -- Snowflake Sonata -- Be Jolly -- JE Unicorn -- Start HAED!!! --
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 6th Sep 17, 11:27 AM
    • 1,094 Posts
    • 7,673 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Hello

I'm 21+2 and having a girl

Just starting to save up for my extended maternity leave and get some bits and bats bought now. Whooping cough injection next week!

I've put 5lb on but it's literally all bump, I'm huge!
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 16th Sep 17, 7:41 PM
    • 2,053 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Hey girls can I jump over here? I'm 4hrs 20mins early but got excited! Turns out I was only 11+5 at my 12week scan but now 12 weeks tomorrow. Hope you are all well.
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 17th Sep 17, 11:36 AM
    • 392 Posts
    • 578 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Hi everyone, I'm just joining too at 13 weeks. Much relieved and quite enchanted to have had a good scan last Tuesday, all seems to be present and correct and kicking and waving.

I'm lucky to have family to pass down some baby stuff, am going to visit my sister in law to pick up maternity clothes this week (finding even my stretchiest jeans a bit of a pinch now). We don't have a big flat, so I'm going to put off the borrowing or buying of baby things til as late as possible. So it feels as if its all going on inside, with not much to show yet. Only the scan pics which I am enjoying showing people.

Hope everyone's OK here in the 2nd trimester.
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 21st Sep 17, 1:28 PM
    • 392 Posts
    • 578 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    I'm starting to think about maternity clothes, have been lucky enough to have some hand me downs, but some gaps to fill still.

My friend told me about FARA charity shops, in their kids shops they have maternity too. It's only in London unfortunately. Anyone else got MSE tips for this stage?
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 21st Sep 17, 3:23 PM
    • 3,033 Posts
    • 13,527 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Cherry I have a massive collection of mat clothes, mainly from New Look sale and Debenhams. Some lovely bits in the Debs sale
    £250/3000 OH BC(91.66% PAID)
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £250/31010.23 (99.19% paid)
    Mortgage - £161,000.00 (2017 O/P £2221.94) PAYDBX 17 #006 - £17,309.18/14,539.71
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 22nd Sep 17, 7:03 PM
    • 2,053 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    ASDA and Debenhams are where most of mine are from. Last pregnancy I just bought a few at the end of my pregnancy but the nursing tops were so handy and I never actually stopped wearing them lol. Maternity jears are so much comfier! The fall down when you lose your bump though lol
    • princesst84
    • By princesst84 23rd Sep 17, 5:53 PM
    • 620 Posts
    • 2,523 Thanks
    princesst84
    I got all my maternity clothes off Ebay, think i got 12 items for about £90 and including some of my own clothes that are stretchy/floaty Im hoping this will see me though. This included a coat at £30 aswell so pretty happy with my bargains.
    Loving how comfy my maternity jeans are! Just texted my friend saying I might wear them for ever they are that comfy. Ha
    Even if you buy new, they will sell well on ebay after so still mse
    x
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 28th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    • 3,033 Posts
    • 13,527 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Hi all, hope everyone is doing ok? I'm 14 weeks today so officially in the 2nd trimester x
    £250/3000 OH BC(91.66% PAID)
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £250/31010.23 (99.19% paid)
    Mortgage - £161,000.00 (2017 O/P £2221.94) PAYDBX 17 #006 - £17,309.18/14,539.71
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 28th Sep 17, 9:32 PM
    • 2,053 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Hi all, hope everyone is doing ok? I'm 14 weeks today so officially in the 2nd trimester x
    Originally posted by kirtsypoos
    Hey! I'm with you at 14weeks on Sunday hopefully. Got a scan on Tuesday. Really need to update my pregnancy journal but not quite past the tirdress stage although sickness seems to have gone.
    • MrsNubs
    • By MrsNubs 29th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    MrsNubs
    Hello ladies, I'm just dipping my toe in as am still on the <12 weeks thread but I'm officially 12 weeks today. Had a scan at 11+3 but was too early for all the measurements so have another one next Thursday. Will join properly once that scan has happened but thought I'd pop in and say hello
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 3rd Oct 17, 8:13 PM
    • 2,053 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Hope your OK everyone. Just had my second '12 week' scan (14+2) so everything is looking good I think. Eeekk. Told more friends now. Still a few to tell xx
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 5th Oct 17, 11:10 AM
    • 392 Posts
    • 578 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Congrats on the good scan sweetilemon! We are spinning out the process of telling people, apart from some relatives and friends who live far away that we emailed, we are telling people as we see them. It's nice to share good news and see their faces. Last weekend I saw a friend and she said what's going on there? I looked behind me and couldn't see anything, then I realised she was looking at my bump! Definitely getting obvious now :-)

I had the 16 weeks midwife appointment today, everything seemed to be OK. Nothing now until whooping cough at 20 weeks and then the next scan at 21.
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 5th Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    • 392 Posts
    • 578 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Hope you have a good scan today MrsNubs!
    • MrsNubs
    • By MrsNubs 5th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    MrsNubs
    Ahh Cherry I can't believe you remembered, very sweet of you! Everything was looking good, although I've been moved back to 12+3 with new EDD of 16th April. Baby was in the wrong position at first so I had to go and run up and down the stairs for a bit to get it moving around. We've told everyone now (don't know how you all keep quiet about it!). We had a party at our house last Saturday for DH's 30th and we knew it would look very suspicious if I wasn't drinking so we decided to tell them all.
    • NBDS
    • By NBDS 12th Oct 17, 7:41 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    NBDS
    Eek, can I join please.
    “12” week scan yesterday and was 13+6, so 14 weeks today with EDD of 12th April.
    Baby was moving so much. We’ve told our mums and nans, that’s it so far as want to tell close friends and family face to face.
    All feels very real now and I don’t know where to start!!
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 14th Oct 17, 8:41 PM
    • 2,053 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Hey NBDS! Meant to write back the other day but must have got distracted!! Sorry, congratulations!

I bought myself a maternity pillow today! Didn't use one in my first pregnancy but felt I needed one this time. Also got touch lights for the bedroom - thought they would have been handy to have last time. My baby carrier arrived during the week, went for ergo baby. Hope you are all well.
    • MrsNubs
    • By MrsNubs 26th Oct 17, 9:58 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    MrsNubs
    Wow, it's very quiet on this thread. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm 15+3 today and still struggling with nausea. Was sick twice last week, very unpleasant. Really hoping it goes away soon. I've also been referred to a consultant now, have my first appointment next week.

Hope everyone else is doing well in the 2nd trimester
    Last edited by MrsNubs; 31-10-2017 at 3:18 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

631Posts Today

4,951Users online

Martin's Twitter