Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 159
    • Timeflies
    • By Timeflies 16th Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Timeflies
    Hope your scan goes well tomorrow twenty something girl. I'm in my second lot of maternity bras, more like sports bras as the first lot started to rub under the boobs. These are proper over the shoulder boulder holders!😂
    • TwentySomethingGirl
    • By TwentySomethingGirl 17th Jul 17, 11:09 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    TwentySomethingGirl
    Over the shoulder boulder holders!

Scan went well, all body parts present and correct including little boy bits! He was still uncooperative and I had to go for a walk halfway because he wouldn't lay right but eventually got all the measurements that were needed. No mention of due date so I'm assuming it hasn't changed.

One thing I did wonder was about the MatB1 form. I'm not due to see my midwife again til the 30th August but by the calculator on the gov website I need to have given it to work by the 26th. Anyone whose done this before know when you get the form?
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16
    MFW2017 #85 £2633.7/£2500 12K IN 17 #85 £5500/£12000
    MFW2016 £3614.63/£2500
    MFW2015 £811.60/£1200
    • Roz_V
    • By Roz_V 17th Jul 17, 11:23 AM
    • 1,141 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    Roz_V
    Congrats TwentySomethingGirl - eeek a little boy! How exciting!
    • saver-j
    • By saver-j 17th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 1,765 Thanks
    saver-j
    I'm back already...Congrats on the boy twentysomethinggirl!

Just on your matb1 query I only got mine at my 25 week appointment when I was actually over 25 weeks so past the date you have to notify.

I told hr in writing of the date I wanted my mat leave and pay to start after the scan and confirmed I'd forward the form as soon as possible. They didn't have any issues with that as the notification in writing was enough so hopefully your employer will be the same. The form does say it can't be given out before 20 weeks and as I only saw the sonographer at the scan not my midwife I couldn't have had it any earlier.
    • Timeflies
    • By Timeflies 18th Jul 17, 10:05 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Timeflies
    Congrats on your scan twentysomethinggirl and seeing your little boy!

I had my scan today and although we said we wanted a surprise, and she turned the screen away when she was looking at the legs, I wondered if I saw some boy bits briefly later on - OH wondered the same - but maybe a foot or the cord? Who knows, she pointed out all this "and there are the kidneys", I was thinking it's all one big blur - head and legs I can make out, that's about it!

I was really expecting a second girl, now that brief glimpse of something is making me wonder if this is a boy. Only another twenty weeks til we find out Actually, it seems like a growth scan later on is a possibility.

My maternity notes say second+ time mums don't get another appointment til 28 weeks - too late for the matB1 form, how odd. I'm going to ring and ask if I can have it at my extra appointment next week (21 weeks). I'm seeing the consultant, so the midwife said she'd see me then too.
    • TwentySomethingGirl
    • By TwentySomethingGirl 19th Jul 17, 10:54 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    TwentySomethingGirl
    Congrats on your scan! I couldn't have told you if we saw any bits before she pointed it out but then he was sat at an awkward angle again...we were convinced it was a girl.

I wasn't so great at recognising body parts either and I thought the spine looked like a centipede which my husband scowled at me for when I told him..

It somehow seems more real now that I know he's a boy and it feels very odd to refer to my son...
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16
    MFW2017 #85 £2633.7/£2500 12K IN 17 #85 £5500/£12000
    MFW2016 £3614.63/£2500
    MFW2015 £811.60/£1200
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,003Posts Today

8,777Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin