Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 134
    • MancMama4
    • By MancMama4 14th Oct 16, 9:28 AM
    • 618 Posts
    • 870 Thanks
    MancMama4
    cats I had the exact same at 18-20 weeks, bits of brown spotting but was told it was just my cervix being a bit irritable so sure yours will be something similar with all that movement going on. I just tried to get my feet up as much as possible and stayed chilled. Wow can't wait to hear about your scan, are you going to find out what you're having? X
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Boy Due Jan 17
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 14th Oct 16, 10:35 AM
    • 1,010 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    cats2012
    Oooh maybe I didn't say when you were around MancMama but we already know it's a little girl :-) we had decided to find out at 20 weeks anyway but we had the harmony test for screening and they could tell us then!

Your comment about spotting has made me feel loads better too! I've had it on and off throughout, almost weekly since 15 weeks, but only tiny amounts and at first it was always after exercise or DTD. More recently I don't seem to have provoked it but midwife agrees I must just be sensitive as heartbeat seems fine and obv feeling movement too. Will still be glad for scan though!!
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby due March 2017
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 14th Oct 16, 3:10 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    Hi Faerie, yes this is my first. My bump is really only very, very little, noticeable to me and hubby but maybe not to everyone else! I'm only 5ft 3 and size 10/12ish. I've invested in good maternity tights from Next for work as my normal ones were starting to cut me in half but my dresses are all still fine for now

Like you Cats, my other casual clothes are fine but my jeans/leggings etc didn't take long to get tight.
    • big5
    • By big5 18th Oct 16, 11:55 AM
    • 330 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    big5
    How's everyone getting on?

I'm getting some nice big kicks every day now which is reassuring, but he's so far refused to let daddy feel anything. Not much else to report, next appointment is with the midwife in a couple of weeks and will ask about the flu and whooping cough jabs. Anyone had them yet?
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 18th Oct 16, 3:07 PM
    • 1,010 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    cats2012
    Hey big - I've had flu jab as was told to just get it once it was flu season but whooping cough you can't have here until after 20 weeks, so I will be booking after my scan next week.
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 18th Oct 16, 3:09 PM
    • 5,657 Posts
    • 70,478 Thanks
    sexymouse
    Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet lately. I'll be 24 weeks on Friday, and my bump is definitely noticeable now (no covering it up really - the last week it's really grown, but then again, so has my appetite, so this may be linked too lol).

Feeling lots of kicks from Bungee (this is the nickname we've given our little boy as he bounces around so much in there). DH has also managed to feel the kicking in the evening when they are bigger kicks, and my DS (4) has managed to feel him kick once. Sadly he's more active when DS has already gone to bed, or is not around which means that he's not been able to feel him much.

I've got my 25 week appointment with the midwife next week, where I'll get my MATB1 form, so will tell work officially (I've managed to keep it from them up until now, as I don't go into the agency and only speak to them on the phone). I've decided I'm going to try to work right up until the end of January (provided I have the energy and I'm physically able to), as my due date is 10th February, so I should still have a couple of weeks before the baby arrives to get everything ready for him. My DS was a few days overdue by the time he arrived, so unless they decide to induce me early for any reason, I should imagine, this will be plenty of time.

I've been getting lots of back ache, which I don't remember having with DS, so I'm really hoping that it's not PGP. I'll mention it to the midwife next week. It could be that we need to replace our mattress on our bed which isn't helping.

I've not had the flu and whooping cough jabs big - I have a feeling the whooping cough is a bit later on in the pregnancy, though I could be wrong. I have a phobia of needles, so probably will only have the whooping cough one as this will benefit the baby (neither were offered to me when I was pregnant with DS). I also have the joy of the GTT (glucose tolerance test to check for gestational diabetes) again this pregnancy as my Mum had it, so I'm at greater risk - I had the test with DS and it was negative (made me feel really ill from the fasting), but he was huge (9lb 7oz), so I'll also be having a growth scan at 32 weeks. DS is allowed to come to that scan, so it will be really nice to have a sneak peak of his baby brother.

Other than that, my main symptoms are still tiredness. It gets to about this time of day, and I need to have a nap.

I hope you're all well? I guess it won't be long until I'll be moving over to the big thread. The time since the 20 week scan has gone quite quickly, so I hope the rest of it does. I guess once Christmas is out of the way, time will fly by.

Best wishes to you all x
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8th April 2011, 1st baby boy born 26th September 2012 , Poppy born 8th November 2015
    • MancMama4
    • By MancMama4 18th Oct 16, 4:17 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 870 Thanks
    MancMama4
    mouse its lovely to hear from you, I am so glad you are well! Wow 25 weeks next week, time is really flying, can't believe you'll be on the "big" thread and the EDD list!!

I've got the GTT in a couple of weeks, not looking forward to it... gah... had the whooping cough jab and it wasn't too bad really. The appointments really do come thick and fast after 25 weeks x
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 19th Oct 16, 3:35 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    Hi Big5,

I had my flu jag and whooping cough yesterday, one in each arm! We get them after 16 weeks in my area.

The flu jag was fine, the whooping cough was alot more painful! Had a couple of dead arms last night and didn't sleep very well My WC arm is still quite sore today!

Glad everything is going well for you Mouse

My baby niece arrived yesterday and she is just adorable! Makes me broody for when my own little bundle comes and excited for it to meet its big cousin!
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 20th Oct 16, 10:41 AM
    • 1,010 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    cats2012
    hey MancMama I've PM'd you for a bit of advice hope that's ok x
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 24th Oct 16, 12:33 PM
    • 1,010 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    cats2012
    Hello all. Just checking in after a perfect 20 week scan no explanation for bleeding but baby looks perfectly fine. Only 4 weeks til the next thread...eeek!!

Still only got a super tiny bump and still lots of family to tell but might actually be willing to do that now
    • MancMama4
    • By MancMama4 24th Oct 16, 2:44 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 870 Thanks
    MancMama4
    cats I am so pleased to hear this! Wonderful news, I bet you are in a dream world today, the 20 week scan is just fantastic!

I've got a proper smile on my face for you - let's hope that annoying spotting goes away now like mine did X
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 24th Oct 16, 3:54 PM
    • 1,010 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    cats2012
    I can't believe how much detail there is at 20 weeks! He pointed out eyes, nose, everything! So yes definitely on a high

Spotting has cleared up last 2-3 days and they noted it all down and just said if it comes back again for a couple of weeks to get in touch, or of course if it turns red or anything.

But for now I'm trying to actually be positive for once
    • cyantist
    • By cyantist 24th Oct 16, 5:06 PM
    • 405 Posts
    • 977 Thanks
    cyantist
    Hello I’m nearly 17 weeks and finally starting to believe we might actually be getting a baby! I’m fed up of still feeling sick though. Hope everyone is ok.
    • MancMama4
    • By MancMama4 25th Oct 16, 9:08 AM
    • 618 Posts
    • 870 Thanks
    MancMama4
    Ahh cats I am so in that headspace now - 29 weeks and I'm finally realising this is actually happening!! Let's keep the positivity going x
    • big5
    • By big5 26th Oct 16, 9:29 AM
    • 330 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    big5
    Glad to hear your scan went well Cats! My bump has really grown the last couple of weeks, I think past 20 weeks all the baby needs to do is grow as everything is pretty well formed.

How long until your anomaly scan Cyantist? Hope the sickness eases off for you soon, it's much more enjoyable to be pregnant when you're not nauseous!

Baby has very kindly allowed daddy to feel a kick this morning (just the one, but hopefully the first of many). Realised earlier that I'll be 24 weeks tomorrow and was a bit surprised, time's going quickly now! See you over on the big thread soon MancMama & co!
    • PinkGladioli
    • By PinkGladioli 26th Oct 16, 3:42 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    PinkGladioli
    My bump seems huge to me now, so nice having a proper baby bump rather than just looking like I've eaten way too much. Anomaly scan in 2 weeks and though I'm excited in the back of my mind all I can think is how gutted we would be if they find something wrong, seems so hard not to worry about everything but I guess that's something I'll get used to!

Hope you're all keeping well. Xx
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 26th Oct 16, 4:53 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    PinkGladioli, I'm sure we're a couple of days apart (I'm 17+5) and have my scan on 7th Nov - I'm feeling exactly the same as you! I want to be excited but in the back of my head I keep thinking "what if"!

Like you, I guess I'll get used to it!

Hope everyone is well xxx
    • Faerie
    • By Faerie 3rd Nov 16, 7:25 PM
    • 204 Posts
    • 658 Thanks
    Faerie
    This board is very quiet! How is everyone doing? I am 15+5 and feeling much better but still vomit every morning, I'm fed up with it now. I wasn't this sick last time.

We told our families last weekend and everyone was delighted for us. We dressed our 2 year old in a 'big brother' t shirt and went to visit our parents. We were expecting people to realise pretty quickly but they were all oblivious and after sitting there for 30 mins we had to prompt him to actually show his nannas and grandads! It was fun to see them process it, you could almost see the cogs turning! My sister in law read it and didn't comment as she thought it was hand me down top from a friend?! My dad was the most surprised as he comes for his tea every week and we had seen him just a few days before. It's nice not to hide the ever growing bump.

My new manager has offered me more hours at work and agreed to a flexible working policy so I'm really happy. It sounds like a bad idea but we could do with the money, it will be in time to qualify for extra maternity pay and it will only be until April when I go on maternity leave.
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 4th Nov 16, 7:54 AM
    • 1,010 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    cats2012
    Hello! It is indeed very quiet!

21+5 here and finally getting a bump although still by no means obvious! Finally told all of our more extended family and all of course very well excited :-) we have some pretty young cousins and second cousins so they are all very excited - especially as many are girls so we've said they need to train our little girl up!

Hope everyone is doing well? I'm still symptom free although not sleeping well. Have only put on about 4lb and enjoying my pregnancy fitness classes so just trying to make the most of it as I'm sure I'll get my share of issues later on! Been particularly told to be prepared for hip/pelvic pain as I'm pretty small.

Sometimes time feels it's flying but I've been struggling with confidence a bit due to clothes not fitting anymore but not being big enough for maternity stuff, plus I don't feel a lot of kicks yet. Feels a bit of a no mans land between hiding it at being clearly pregnant. Hopefully not long to go though :-)
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 7th Nov 16, 4:02 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    It really is very quiet on this thread! I hope everyone is doing well?

Faerie, I hope your vomiting has calmed down now? Glad your announcement went well, you too Cats!

I had my scan today at 19+3. Hardly slept a wink last night! Just really nervous to find out if everything is OK with baby.

So baby was curled in a ball, lying on its back with feet touching it's head! Was sent away for a sugary drink and tried again but couldn't check spine or kidneys Everything else looking great though Need to go back in 2 weeks for another scan to check what they couldn't today.

Can't help but feel a little disappointed. Another 2 week wait to find if everything is OK xxx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,737Posts Today

7,894Users online

Martin's Twitter