Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 133
    • pink petal
    • By pink petal 27th Sep 16, 10:57 AM
    • 344 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    pink petal
    Safm I'm signed up for NCT classes in December, my friend did them and enjoyed them and I didn't fancy my local NHS ones as they would be at the hospital and very busy - wanted something a bit more intimate. Have heard pros and cons for both though so definitely worth gauging more opinion x
    Originally posted by MancMama4
    Manc, do you mind me asking about the cost of the classes, roughly? I've been looking into doing them when my Daisy course finishes as I've really enjoyed it...but there's no prices online, only something about paying in instalments which makes me think it's maybe £££! The class is quite far away from me so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or if I should just do another term of Daisy!

Thanks!
    • MancMama4
    • By MancMama4 27th Sep 16, 11:43 AM
    • 618 Posts
    • 870 Thanks
    MancMama4
    Of course I don't mind pp - I'm paying over 3 instalments of £63, so £189 total for the course for us both - I'm not sure if it varies by area etc but that's in South Manchester x
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Boy Due Jan 17
    • pink petal
    • By pink petal 27th Sep 16, 12:30 PM
    • 344 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    pink petal
    Thanks! That's not actually as bad as I thought it would be! Might get us signed up for those as I know OH was interested in doing something!
    • Safm
    • By Safm 27th Sep 16, 2:43 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Safm
    Thanks MancMama I spoke to the midwife today about them she said they aren't run by midwifes but people liked them for the social aspect. I live in Lincolnshire the price I have been quoted is £129 for 12 hours worth of classes over 6 weeks.

I went to see the midwife today because I had a high bmi 0.9 over the cut off which is mainly because I'm tall (not using as an excuse) anyway got weighed again and I've lost 11lbs and my bmi has gone under the threshold. Hoping not to gain it back as it now gives me the option of having a water birth so extremely happy
    • psychopathbabble
    • By psychopathbabble 27th Sep 16, 2:48 PM
    • 5,857 Posts
    • 38,807 Thanks
    psychopathbabble
    Just popping on to say we have just finished NCT classes and I would say they are worthwhile. We both learnt something from them, and the social aspect is worth the money alone... to know you have a group of people that is going through exactly the same thing at exactly the same time... I have loads of friends who have kids already but those early days are soon forgotten. We have yet to meet up, but some of us are still working so I'm sure once we are all off, it won't be long.

The price does vary slightly from area to area but also each course, as the venue fees will vary too.

Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 Became homeowners 26.02.16 Baby girl arrived 27.10.16

Debt Paid = £5040.27/£12,185.99 (41% paid off)
    RBS CC RBS LOAN MBNA 1 MBNA 2 BED FINANCE
    • MancMama4
    • By MancMama4 28th Sep 16, 10:15 AM
    • 618 Posts
    • 870 Thanks
    MancMama4
    I think ours is 18 hours over 2 weeks, so quite intensive! Sounds good psycho, thanks for dropping in hope you're well x
    • pink petal
    • By pink petal 28th Sep 16, 3:51 PM
    • 344 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    pink petal
    I enquired about the classes yesterday and they've come back to me saying there's only one place left and they are holding it for me til I speak to OH. It's £200 for 16.5 hours over 4 weeks. Seems quite a lot but lots of people say they are worth it so think I might just book. It's in November though so means I can't even pay in instalments! Babies are so expensive!! haha!
    • Safm
    • By Safm 28th Sep 16, 8:16 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Safm
    I went for my second '20 week ' scan today because they couldn't get all of the measurements last week and unsurprisingly we didn't get them all this time although I walked up and down stairs, corridors, rolled onto my sides on 3 occasions and asked the baby nicely to move.

They only offer 2 scans so unless the midwife can do some magic were not going to be able to have another scan makes me a bit anxious as would have been nice to have some reassurance that things have been seen and are looking ok, although I know nothing is guaranteed.

I have looked into private scans but a bit worried about them, does anyone have any recommendations?
    • big5
    • By big5 30th Sep 16, 4:42 PM
    • 330 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    big5
    Sorry Safm, I've got no experience of private scans. Your baby must be too comfortable in there to want to move!

On chickenpox watch here as someone at my son's preschool has shingles (not sure if it's staff or a child or how much contact he's had with them). Fortunately I had it as a child, so I'm not worried about me. But if kiddo develops spots over the weekend I'll probably have to go to my scan alone on Monday. Fingers crossed that won't be the case!
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 3rd Oct 16, 4:52 PM
    • 1,008 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    cats2012
    Hi everyone just checking in 17+1 today and had a consultant appointment due to my thyroid where the doctor unexpectedly listened to baby's heartbeat which was lovely! I have my doppler but was nice to know I've been listening to the right thing!

Only 3 weeks today until 20 week scan...! Not feeling movement yet though and can't wait for that.
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby due March 2017
    • big5
    • By big5 4th Oct 16, 1:08 PM
    • 330 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    big5
    My scan went well yesterday. The sonographer had a student in with her for some training, so went over things in more detail than we might have got otherwise. They were happy for our 3 year old to be in the room too and we found out he's having a little brother (no denying it, he wasn't shy about showing us, haha!). She had some fun and games trying to get a good look at his heart, but managed to see everything she needed in the end and had no concerns.
    • big5
    • By big5 4th Oct 16, 1:11 PM
    • 330 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    big5
    Oops, hit submit too soon! Also found out I've got an anterior placenta again which I already suspected. All the movement I've felt so far has been on one side.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
    • rubywhatashmoo
    • By rubywhatashmoo 4th Oct 16, 4:09 PM
    • 563 Posts
    • 3,357 Thanks
    rubywhatashmoo
    Yay another one for team blue big5 Our little one was quite happy to show off his bits at our second scan too - no shame that one!
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 5th Oct 16, 11:52 AM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    Big5, so glad your scan went well! I'll admit, I had to google anterior placenta! Hope that doesn't cause you any bother?

Yey for team blue! Our next scan isn't for another 5 weeks yet and we've not decided if we're going to find out the sex.

We had the midwife this morning and hear the baby's heartbeat - was so lovely! xx
    • big5
    • By big5 5th Oct 16, 2:38 PM
    • 330 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    big5
    Always lovely to hear the heartbeat!

Sorry for the medical speak, haha! Just means the placenta is at the front, so it cushions a lot of the baby's kicks and I won't feel as much. It's not low enough to cause any issues (sometimes the placenta can cover the cervix and you might need a c-section), so it's nothing to worry about.
    • MancMama4
    • By MancMama4 5th Oct 16, 3:47 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 870 Thanks
    MancMama4
    Glad your scan went well big, hope you're keeping well x
    • Faerie
    • By Faerie 13th Oct 16, 7:54 AM
    • 204 Posts
    • 658 Thanks
    Faerie
    Hello everyone! I had my dating scan yesterday and have been moved forward to 12+5. This baby is our second, I used this board in my last pregnancy and it was invaluable.

I hope everyone is ok.
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 13th Oct 16, 8:12 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    HI Faerie!

So glad your scan went well! Very quiet over on this board just now!

I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and feeling tightness of my bump that's slowly starting to appear! and a little backache but the extreme fatigue has gone now and I'm just a bit more tired than pre pregnancy.

How are you keeping? Well I hope xx
    • Faerie
    • By Faerie 14th Oct 16, 8:35 AM
    • 204 Posts
    • 658 Thanks
    Faerie
    Hi Clarabell, I'm starting to feel much better. My nausea is going, I just struggle in the evenings but it's tons better than it was. Apart from tiredness I'm pretty good! I'm back to work next week after 2 weeks annual leave, I don't want to go back now. I've asked to do some overtime to make up for my part time hours so it will bump up my maternity pay, eurgh! It will be worth it in April though.

Is this your first? I didn't start showing until 20 weeks last time but I'm almost 13 now and am starting to get a small bump. I haven't told anyone apart from management yet so I'm having to wear loose clothes to try to hide it! We wanted to tell our parents this weekend but everyone is too busy, the next chance we'll get is a fortnight away :O

I hope your back pain eases soon.
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 14th Oct 16, 8:51 AM
    • 1,008 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    cats2012
    Hey everyone just checking in 18+5 today and still doing really well. Definite little bump now so am in maternity jeans but all other clothes fit fine. And I was a relatively athletic size 10 so it didn't take much for them to get tight!

Had some very slightly brown spotting on and off which seems to be nothing but keeps scaring me, so have been told to just not do anything too strenuous which means cutting back all my exercise. So need to cut down my food too to compensate! Only put on 2-3lb so far so don't want to suddenly balloon.

Feeling baby move quite a bit now and easy to find heartbeat on doppler. 20 week scan a week on Monday so hoping to get some answers on the spotting then maybe actually relax a bit more...!!
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby due March 2017
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

429Posts Today

1,732Users online

Martin's Twitter