Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fonsde
    • By fonsde 5th Dec 14, 11:43 AM
    • 73Posts
    • 5Thanks
    fonsde
    hdd-price comparison-barclaycard - Credit Alert
    • 5th Dec 14, 11:43 AM
    hdd-price comparison-barclaycard - Credit Alert 5th Dec 14 at 11:43 AM
    Does anyone know where this is coming from in my credit report?

HDD-PRICE COMPARISON-BARCLAYCARD , a Credit Broker company, has made an inquiry against your credit report
Page 1
    • Tixy
    • By Tixy 5th Dec 14, 12:09 PM
    • 31,062 Posts
    • 39,469 Thanks
    Tixy
    • 5th Dec 14, 12:09 PM
    • 5th Dec 14, 12:09 PM
    It would likely be from running an eligibility check for a barclaycard.

As you are asking on here presumably you haven't done such a check yourself?
    If not do you have any financial associates on your credit file who may have done such a check on themselves?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give

or "It costs nowt to be nice"
    • FLAPJACK
    • By FLAPJACK 5th Dec 14, 12:24 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    FLAPJACK
    • 5th Dec 14, 12:24 PM
    • 5th Dec 14, 12:24 PM
    Just had an alert from Equifax, it's the exact same as the OP.

Last week I had an alert about car insurance, I called Equifax as I hadn't looked for car insurance, they told me that it was a "soft" search for marketting purposes....i.e if your record is good you may be approached in future.

So this could be the same thing....we may get an offer from Barclaycard in the near future.
    • Tixy
    • By Tixy 5th Dec 14, 12:27 PM
    • 31,062 Posts
    • 39,469 Thanks
    Tixy
    • 5th Dec 14, 12:27 PM
    • 5th Dec 14, 12:27 PM
    So this could be the same thing....we may get an offer from Barclaycard in the near future.
    Originally posted by FLAPJACK
    Presumably you are either already a barclays/barclaycard customer who has given them permission to perform such search or have otherwise given them permission to perform such a search.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give

or "It costs nowt to be nice"
    • FLAPJACK
    • By FLAPJACK 5th Dec 14, 12:41 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    FLAPJACK
    • 5th Dec 14, 12:41 PM
    • 5th Dec 14, 12:41 PM
    I was a B/C customer years ago.....haven't had a card for years and I don't bank at Barclays.

Oddly enough I did get a statement from them last week regarding a ING direct account I had with them, balence is 2p.

I also checked on Barlays website for their savings accounts rates, I doubt however this triggered anything as I didn't complete anything on the site.

Maybe I should give Equifax a call?
    • FLAPJACK
    • By FLAPJACK 5th Dec 14, 1:28 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    FLAPJACK
    • 5th Dec 14, 1:28 PM
    • 5th Dec 14, 1:28 PM
    Just called Equifax.

The HDD search is a "soft" search for marketting purposes.

Nothing to worry about.
    • spacemanc
    • By spacemanc 7th Jan 15, 12:29 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    spacemanc
    • 7th Jan 15, 12:29 PM
    • 7th Jan 15, 12:29 PM
    I also have this on my credit record. Pretty sure it was caused by the moneysavingexpert card checker thing, which tells you what cards you are likely to get accepted for. Apparently it's a soft search that can't be seen by lenders.
  • hankchad
    • 20th Feb 15, 10:01 AM
    • 20th Feb 15, 10:01 AM
    I've just found exactly the same thing on my Equifax file. It has come soon after doing a search for Credit Cards I might get on moneysupermarket so I assume it's that.
  • RazMaTazDaz
    • 13th Mar 15, 7:18 AM
    • 13th Mar 15, 7:18 AM
    This company looks like they are behind it or at least facilitated the search... I can't paste links because I am new on MSE! So Google 'hddecisions' and on their website (on the co.uk domain) look for their 'Products-Services' page.

Interestingly, they have direct customers e.g. Barclays, so the alert will not necessarily be due to MSE.
    Furthermore, if the search alert featured Barclays and not MSE, I would be inclined to think it was caused by Barclays.

Probably worth just staying vigilant for full credit applications.
  • Derby Dogs
    Hi - I am very worried that my credit score will be affected. I recently completed the MSE eligibility checker to see if I could benefit from the longest balance transfer offer with no transfer fees. It came back with a 90% chance - I then went on to apply and got declined! Now the HDD-PRICE COMPARISON-BARCLAYCARD alert has shown up on my credit file... It was not a Barclaycard product that I was applying for??
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 10th Apr 15, 2:02 PM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 2,002 Thanks
    Candyapple
    Hi - I am very worried that my credit score will be affected. I recently completed the MSE eligibility checker to see if I could benefit from the longest balance transfer offer with no transfer fees. It came back with a 90% chance - I then went on to apply and got declined! Now the HDD-PRICE COMPARISON-BARCLAYCARD alert has shown up on my credit file... It was not a Barclaycard product that I was applying for??
    Originally posted by Derby Dogs
    No such thing as a credit score.

When you apply for any credit card (or loan, mortgage, or more), the bank will check your credit file as part of its decision whether to accept you. That search can be seen by other lenders in future – possibly hitting your ability to get credit.

But here, we're are using a technique with 'consumer enquiries' - or 'soft searches', as they're known. These let you check your credit file to see how likely you are to be accepted, but they leave no mark. You'll be able to see the search yourself when you next check your credit file, but nobody else will.
    • Marksyy
    • By Marksyy 8th May 16, 9:17 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marksyy
    Part Of Equifax and supported by Moneysavingexpert.com
    I have also had this information put onto my file - I never asked for a Barclaycard or have never banked with Barclays. I checked on line and see that HD Decisions are part of Equifax. I have contact them contact@hddecisions.co.uk to request that they cease accessing my file as I have not requested this credit facility. I also see on their web site that Moneysavingexpert.com is also listed as their customers so I feel it is not working to the consumers benefit - guess that is why on this forum they have not sided with the consumers!!!!!
    • vicposh
    • By vicposh 19th Jun 16, 10:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    vicposh
    I had alert from Equifax to, 6 wks ago , I called them and was told I had nothing to worry about as it just a soft search and no one else can see it, it does not affect for credit score, bit annoyed as I just seen an email from Equifax again, same thing grrrr
    • vicposh
    • By vicposh 19th Jun 16, 10:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    vicposh
    Does anyone know where this is coming from in my credit report?

HDD-PRICE COMPARISON-BARCLAYCARD , a Credit Broker company, has made an inquiry against your credit report
    Originally posted by fonsde
    I have had the same problem I will be contacting Equifax for sure
    • eb28144
    • By eb28144 14th Feb 18, 3:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eb28144
    HD decisions is an analytical company that make 'soft search' eligibility checks for various credit card, mortgage and loan companies. If you've gone to barclaycard and did the eligibiltiy checker to see if you are eligible for a credit card, for example, it will use HD Decisions tools to calculate your eligibility. This is why it is shown on your searches.
    If you are getting a similar result, it will be because you did an eligibility search from somewhere with your permission. Soft searches do not impact your credit score
    Last edited by eb28144; 14-02-2018 at 3:08 PM. Reason: typo
    • eb28144
    • By eb28144 14th Feb 18, 3:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eb28144
    The eligibility checker did not affect your credit score, but applying will.
    If you got declined, despite the eligibility checker giving you 90%, it could be because you put drastic differences in your two applications.

For example, if you put that you earn more than you actually do in either one.
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 14th Feb 18, 4:24 PM
    • 1,328 Posts
    • 1,003 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    Holy thread resurrection Batman
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,900Posts Today

7,781Users online

Martin's Twitter