Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sonicetomeetyou
    • By sonicetomeetyou 28th Nov 14, 8:49 PM
    • 280Posts
    • 921Thanks
    sonicetomeetyou
    Mobile apps for earning
    • 28th Nov 14, 8:49 PM
    Mobile apps for earning 28th Nov 14 at 8:49 PM
    Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if anyone has a good list of apps they use for earning, and maybe some worth avoiding?

I was also wondering how much they affect your data?

Thanks in advance.
    I cannot erase (the past, it is gone) / Refocus, reframe (the future is ours)
    £2015 in 2015: £1538.35/£2015
    Make £10 a day challenge: Jan £456.65/£310 Feb £457.66/£400 Mar £404.57/£500 Apr £219.47/£200 May £123.08/£500
Page 2
    • Hoggysnout
    • By Hoggysnout 19th Feb 15, 12:01 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Hoggysnout
    Anyone got a Roamler sign up Code? I am an eager beaver to get one.

Can offer sign up codes for field agent, clicnwalk, crowdlab, and market force in return.
    Originally posted by Redhawke

I have an invite left, I'll send you a message.
    I'm already with Field Agent and Clicnwalk, but haven't heard of crowdlab - are they similar to Field Agent or do you do videos?
    • NicNocs
    • By NicNocs 19th Feb 15, 3:39 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 991 Thanks
    NicNocs
    Oh dear, I'm another one!

Please.....does anyone else have an invite for Roamler? xx

Also, I'm trying to put in my details for Clic and Walk, and I'm having awful problems with the phone number bit! It keeps saying "you must select a dial code" - nothing I put in works. Any clues?

Many thanks x

• asajj
    • By asajj 19th Feb 15, 5:00 PM
    • 3,530 Posts
    • 7,872 Thanks
    asajj
    Oh dear, I'm another one!

Please.....does anyone else have an invite for Roamler? xx

Also, I'm trying to put in my details for Clic and Walk, and I'm having awful problems with the phone number bit! It keeps saying "you must select a dial code" - nothing I put in works. Any clues?

Many thanks x
    Originally posted by NicNocs
    If you pm me, I can invite you to Roamler I think x
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • NicNocs
    • By NicNocs 19th Feb 15, 5:42 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 991 Thanks
    NicNocs
    If you pm me, I can invite you to Roamler I think x
    Originally posted by asajj
    Thank you asajj.....I actually signed up to TheMoneyShed website and got one from there, but I'm still struggling with this stupid telephone number think on Clic and Walk!

Many thanks again,

NicNocs

• asajj
    • By asajj 19th Feb 15, 6:50 PM
    • 3,530 Posts
    • 7,872 Thanks
    asajj
    No worries - Sorry never used Click and Walk!
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • Hoggysnout
    • By Hoggysnout 19th Feb 15, 10:20 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Hoggysnout

Many thanks x
    Originally posted by NicNocs
    I don't remember having to enter a dial code and looking at my profile it just asks for the telephone number and automatically shows a country code, maybe first you can you double check if you selected the correct country, then if UK the dial code you might need is 0044 or just +44
    • Merry Wanderer
    • By Merry Wanderer 20th Feb 15, 8:09 AM
    • 426 Posts
    • 588 Thanks
    Merry Wanderer
    Over on the Money Shed forum there is an invite code thread for Roamler, I got one from the guy that runs the forum there, and also the reps for Clic and Walk, Streetspotr and more post there regularly to help with things.
    • emmaglet
    • By emmaglet 22nd Feb 15, 10:58 AM
    • 1,208 Posts
    • 9,114 Thanks
    emmaglet
    Streetspotr have some tasks they want completed ASAP, so they're now paying £15 for each one. I've done two of the HMV ones and they're really simple.

The locations are:

Muffin Break - Carlisle, Dundee, Livingston.
    HMV – Blackpool, Gloucester, Llandudno, Swansea, Thanet, Ayr, Canterbury, Guernsey
    I like to make money
    Best wins: £3,000 luxury holiday, holiday in Cornwall, £250 Murad Skincare hamper, angle grinder

Make £10 a day challenger - it pays for trips to Florida!
    • fewgroats
    • By fewgroats 26th Apr 16, 5:22 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    fewgroats
    Is the HMV Canterbury location still active?
    • ceanth
    • By ceanth 18th May 16, 4:44 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ceanth
    Does anybody have a invite to Roamler that they could send me?
    • me1234
    • By me1234 23rd May 16, 1:24 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    me1234
    Roamler invite required
    I am also requiring an invite to Roamler please, would be much appreciated!
    • Rosscal
    • By Rosscal 27th May 16, 6:22 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Rosscal
    if you are looking for a roamer invite, head to their uk Facebook page, I managed to get one there from someone.
    • Sato
    • By Sato 27th May 16, 7:32 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Sato
    Hi guys.

Any fresh suggestion on new ways of earning online?

Cheers.
    • toadfinder
    • By toadfinder 12th Jul 16, 2:51 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    toadfinder
    Thought I'd add a summary of my experiences after signing up for a few recommended on MSE.

Roamler - great, usually plenty of tasks for around £2-4 a time, occasionally up to £9 plus refunded coffees (that was a good week!), can be gruelling/boring/stressful but sometimes fun too...pretending to be a mystery shopper whilst taking photos in a shoebox sized convenience store is quite challenging! The payment comes through within moments of you requesting it (wait until it's over £20 or you'll lose a percentage in Paypal fees) and the team who communicate with you in-app are generally friendly and reasonable - be warned they do sometimes reject tasks if photos are blurry or similar so take care to follow the instructions as closely as you can.

Clic and Walk - Better than the MSE summary, maybe it's a new development but they often have £5 tech tasks in electrical shops where you mystery shop speakers, remote controls etc, often two different tasks per store so easy to earn a decent whack if there are a few PC Worlds or similar near you.

StreetSpotr...grr, this one really annoys me. They take around a month to pay you for each task, the app is fiddly and counter-intuitive, the in-app team are rude and inflexible, it frequently crashes whilst on the job and you have to restart your phone (a bit embarrassing if you're supposed to be mystery shopping), it posts requests for tasks which have already been done - as an example, there's been a request to take a picture of Go Pro displays wherever you might find one. Then they went and listed lots of places with Go Pros as specific tasks, you go there to do the job only to find on the map that someone's already done the task under the previous 'find a Go Pro' banner. So now it's stuck in limbo with loads of tasks listed as available, nobody is doing them as they've already been done, yet no new jobs coming through.
    Even worse, they once invited me to buy a hair product in Tesco (phone alert goes off in store, sounds like coins falling on the floor, was right at the end of my shop so had to go back in, annoying) which they would refund if I answered some questions...ok...find there's nothing I want but pick something anyway knowing it will be refunded, do the task and submit it, but they said they had no record so wouldn't pay or even just refund for the product. I had a receipt, but they wanted a screen cap to prove I'd submitted it, which was not something I even knew I could do on a phone. I politely remonstrated with them but they wouldn't budge, said they were a small start up with no budget (yeah right, they seem to cover most of Europe) so ended up £7 out of pocket (admittedly not a fortune, but I wouldn't be doing these jobs if I was loaded!).
    As a contrast when the Roamler app messed up in a similar fashion they refunded me for the product and even added a little extra on top for my time.

Yoobic - signed up over 6 months ago, never received a single task.
    • mimiduck
    • By mimiduck 14th Jul 16, 11:28 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    mimiduck
    can anyone please tell whether I can download Field Agent for an android phone? or is it just for IPhones only, thanks.
    • EzeJ
    • By EzeJ 22nd Sep 16, 4:41 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    EzeJ
    Task 360 all the way. I am still unable to take it in. I made £28 in 2days doing simple tasks. Some as simple as just walking into a shop as a normal customer and just checking if they had a specific product/brand in stock and taking a photo of it. 3minutes job for £5, not bad at all. I am loving this Task 360 App.
    By the way, I also found inboxforpounds a great money making online destination. Do surveys etc and earn. Ive made £11.52 just this last 8days or so.
    • Jada90
    • By Jada90 22nd Sep 16, 6:55 PM
    • 555 Posts
    • 3,886 Thanks
    Jada90
    Task 360 all the way. I am still unable to take it in. I made £28 in 2days doing simple tasks. Some as simple as just walking into a shop as a normal customer and just checking if they had a specific product/brand in stock and taking a photo of it. 3minutes job for £5, not bad at all. I am loving this Task 360 App.
    By the way, I also found inboxforpounds a great money making online destination. Do surveys etc and earn. Ive made £11.52 just this last 8days or so.
    Originally posted by EzeJ
    Thank you, have just downloaded Task 360 and there's an assignment on there for £3. Do you have to apply for task and then wait to be accepted?
    • tanya2014
    • By tanya2014 22nd Sep 16, 10:08 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    tanya2014
    Are there any that pay a different way other than Pay pal?
    • MikeEvans
    • By MikeEvans 23rd Sep 16, 11:58 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MikeEvans
    I use something that can earn you money from your mobile. It's not an App but can use mobile phone to earn extra cash. I am new to MSE (avid reader) so doubt I can post links yet. Message me if you want to know more. It's really helped me and earned me way more than anything else I've tried.

Cheers
    Mike
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

114Posts Today

1,397Users online

Martin's Twitter