Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sharkalos
    • By sharkalos 15th Nov 14, 8:55 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 72Thanks
    sharkalos
    0 WOW
    Amazon Bargains Thread - please post finds here
    • 15th Nov 14, 8:55 AM
    0 WOW
    Amazon Bargains Thread - please post finds here 15th Nov 14 at 8:55 AM
    I've just been looking around the forums for an Amazon thread and I could only find one for Toys and Games so I thought it would be nice to have one for everything else here.
Page 14
    • Ms_Bertha
    • By Ms_Bertha 24th Aug 17, 9:33 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    Ms_Bertha
    @Ms_Bertha, can I ask you a couple of questions, being as you have the boots? Firstly, can the insoles of these be removed? Secondly, are they a snug fit or is there plenty of room inside the foot area (only asking as I have low arches on my feet and have to wear specially-made orthotic insoles which won't fit in normal everyday shoes as the sides aren't deep enough - I usually have to wear trainers)

TIA
    Originally posted by olgadapolga

Just checked and yes, the insole can be removed. I went for a size up so that I can wear big thick socks but this was more for length as the boots are fairly roomy and can just be laced as tight as required. They feel bouncy like trainers. Amazon are offering free returns, so worth a try to see if they are suitable?
    • olgadapolga
    • By olgadapolga 24th Aug 17, 11:42 AM
    • 804 Posts
    • 966 Thanks
    olgadapolga
    @Ms_Bertha,

Thank you for replying, that's really, really helpful. I'm going to buy some and try them out.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 26th Aug 17, 4:07 PM
    • 4,188 Posts
    • 8,837 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Just checked and yes, the insole can be removed. I went for a size up so that I can wear big thick socks but this was more for length as the boots are fairly roomy and can just be laced as tight as required. They feel bouncy like trainers. Amazon are offering free returns, so worth a try to see if they are suitable?
    Originally posted by Ms_Bertha
    Thanks for posting. Mine have just arrived, I'm a size 5 but ordered a 6, mainly for room, although the free postage was a bonus. I've found the sizing isn't that big, once I've got socks on they'll fit just right. They're very nice boots and will be ideal for winter dog walks.
    • Delia Cardei
    • By Delia Cardei 28th Aug 17, 7:26 AM
    • 253 Posts
    • 1,561 Thanks
    Delia Cardei
    Save 33% Off Enkeeo USB Rechargeable LED Camping Lantern - £9.99 with the Voucher.

Click the promotion box saying buy one get £5 off making them just £9.99.
    Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.
    • GrumpyDil
    • By GrumpyDil 4th Sep 17, 9:28 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    GrumpyDil
    Only comment is that this does not look together apple certified so poss the same as the version of this in poundland which I have and which seems to work fine
    • redfox
    • By redfox 5th Sep 17, 8:38 AM
    • 12,432 Posts
    • 35,526 Thanks
    redfox
    Codes are not permitted on the Grabbit board and have been removed. If in doubt please read this. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

a post containing a code has been removed.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• lilmiss1982
    • By lilmiss1982 6th Sep 17, 1:47 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    lilmiss1982
    Memory Foam Travel pillow £9.99 @ Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Support-Cushion-Portable-Sleeping-Airplanes/dp/B06XKV5B5G/

Travel Pillow, Memory Foam U Shape Neck Pillow

Price:£29.99 Sale:£9.99 &
    FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20.
    You Save: £20.00 (67%)

A drawstring carry bag is supplied, allow you to take the pillow with you anywhere; the whole pillow can be machine washed and it comes out as new after air-dried naturally. 40-day money back guarantee and 18-month warranty with considerate customer service.

I've highlighted the 40 day money back guarantee as I got a travel pillow from the £1 shop recently and its split and I ended up with white bobbles all over my car. Hoping this will be a better replacement.
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
    • lilmiss1982
    • By lilmiss1982 18th Sep 17, 12:05 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    lilmiss1982
    Mega Bloks Monster High Frankie Stein's Electrifying Room Building Set only £5.99

Nice stocking filler perhaps or one to put away for birthday parties

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mega-Bloks-Monster-Electrifying-Building/dp/B00U29M5RU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505732385&sr=8-1&keywords=Mega+Bloks+Monster+High+Frankie+Stein%2 7s+Electrifying+Room+Building+Set
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
    • lilmiss1982
    • By lilmiss1982 18th Sep 17, 12:10 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    lilmiss1982
    Universal Adjustable Dashboard Phone Mount for various smart phone inc i phones & samsung models

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Driving-Universal-Adjustable-Dashboard-Smartphone/dp/B06Y3S58TT

Price: £12.99
    Sale: £8.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details
    You Save: £4.00 (31%)

• lilmiss1982
    • By lilmiss1982 18th Sep 17, 12:18 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 3,005 Thanks
    lilmiss1982
    Fitflop Women’s Superjelly with Stripe Open Toe Sandals

RRP: £45.00
    Price: £13.50 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details
    FREE Returns
    You Save: £31.50 (70%)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fitflop-Superjelly-Stripe-Sandals-Bubblegum/dp/B01M26HM5P/ref=sr_1_16?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1505733162&sr=1-16&nodeID=355005011&psd=1&keywords=fitflops&th=1&p sc=1

Pink Bubblegum colour in size 5 - 8

Going to need to be quick if you want to grab these limited stock & sizes but hope it helps someone
    Last edited by lilmiss1982; 18-09-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    • bodacious
    • By bodacious 23rd Sep 17, 11:31 AM
    • 395 Posts
    • 871 Thanks
    bodacious
    Oral B Pro 650 cross action electric toothbrush and toothpaste reduced to £19.99 (usually £49.99)
    • dollywops
    • By dollywops 23rd Sep 17, 12:19 PM
    • 1,594 Posts
    • 2,743 Thanks
    dollywops
    Sweet - Yotam Ottolenghi & Helen Goh - Amazon £13.00
    Was going to order this for DD and DDIL from the 'you-bookshop' @ 25% discount, £20.25. Amazon - £13.00.

Might be a thoughtful Christmas gift for someone who loves making deserts.
    • DancingDragons
    • By DancingDragons 24th Sep 17, 9:19 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    DancingDragons
    Shopkins Chef Club 5 Pack fulfilled by Tullabeg Toys, Amazon FREE P&P
    Anyone hunting Shopkins:
    Chef Club 5 pack with free P&P (not prime!)
    Sorry, it won't let me post the link!

WARNING, only add one to the basket, or pay postage.

There are also some series 3 available as an add on, but not so much of a bargain.
    • Tagatose
    • By Tagatose 4th Oct 17, 9:39 AM
    • 282 Posts
    • 2,144 Thanks
    Tagatose
    50% off head torch (£7.95)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01ALCNVWA
    • Tagatose
    • By Tagatose 5th Oct 17, 12:22 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 2,144 Thanks
    Tagatose
    £2.99 mushroom lamp - 7 left in stock

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GRQDSE0
    • beneficentluge
    • By beneficentluge 10th Oct 17, 12:55 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    beneficentluge
    Heart Necklace 925 Sterling Silver Zirconia £12.87
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071ZKZ952
    • bodacious
    • By bodacious 10th Oct 17, 3:41 PM
    • 395 Posts
    • 871 Thanks
    bodacious
    1Kg of assorted Jelly Belly beans £9.99
    • Delia Cardei
    • By Delia Cardei 11th Oct 17, 11:02 AM
    • 253 Posts
    • 1,561 Thanks
    Delia Cardei
    Fingertip Pulse Oximeter £11
    Heads-up. I bought a similar oximeter about a year ago but our puppy found it yesterday morning oO They usually go around £20.
    I was looking for the same one but found this one is with a good price. As a parent of an asthmatic child I found it as a real helper because my son doesn't display a classic wheezy, the oximeter gives me a better idea as to when he is deteriorating and needs medical intervention. For the money the peace of mind it provides is well worth it.

To get the oximeter for the £12 you have to click on the Promotion Message saying "get 20% off".
    To get the postage to £1.99 opt for the "One-Day Amazon Locker Pickup get it tomorrow".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0731HJ3XN/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&sr=8-3&keywords=Finger+Pulse+Oximeter
    Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.
    • prenton01
    • By prenton01 17th Nov 17, 8:08 AM
    • 187 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    prenton01
    Jabra Headphones £29.99 (£55 Argos)
    Great set of headphones here for amazon prime members at a great price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NHSFWG4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • obay
    • By obay 17th Nov 17, 9:24 AM
    • 430 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    obay
    Bulk buy toiletries from Amazon.
    This works well when you've earned Amazon vouchers, (IE with the survey sites, etc...) I just recently started doing this and have noticed a massive decrease in my weekly/monthly shopping bill. This has more than likely saved me a few quid here and there considering how much the mainstream supermarkets have priced up the products.

Some of these 'MIGHT' not be the best money savers, but most definitely better than buying from the shops.

So here we go;

Regina Wish Kitchen Towels, 12 rolls in total (2 x 6 packs) - £12
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073ZDGXRS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We spend £1.60 on one big roll from Asda (each week).

Average saving is £7.20 for us.

Kleenex Balsam Tissues (12 boxes) - £12
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XSXR6GN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spent £3.50 per week

Average saving of £30 per month if we were to buy individually.

Freedom Inspirations White 3Ply Quilted Toilet Tissue Pack of 45 rolls.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SNAXMDG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the BEST buy I can truly find! We were buying 9 rolls for £5 every 2 weeks. (maybe 1.5 weeks!)

For £13.99 for 45 ROLLS! (0.31p/roll) I cannot find anything cheaper than this, it's good quality too, you don't put your fingers through it when you wipe either.

Ariel 3-in-1 Pods Original Washing Capsules - Pack of 3 (114 Washes)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074FQHKQJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

£18.

We save on a lot here, considering she buys only 78 washes for £14. for an extra £4, she is getting almost double.

Considering we buy 38 washes at Asda for £7 every 3 months. We will have a lot more spare, and won't have to buy any for around 6 months.

I used to spend around £80 a month on just these products a month - getting consistently annoyed that it racks up my shopping bill. These might not be the BEST deals out there but most definitely have saved me a ton of money, my wife get's a bit annoyed with me having our spare room as our 'bulk buy room' But who cares! It's money saving at it's fullest potential!
    1/12/16 - £152,599.00
    11/11/17 - £145,990.00
    Two Credit agreements to pay off - £13653! (inc interest).
    Sofa (DFS) (0%)£923/£923 - Paid off 7th November!
    Barclays Boiler (18.9%!)£400/£3021.36
    Barclays Car (5.99%)£0/£8,832.37
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,969Posts Today

8,729Users online

Martin's Twitter