Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 10th Nov 14, 5:48 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    Feedback on Resolver.
    • 10th Nov 14, 5:48 PM
    Feedback on Resolver. 10th Nov 14 at 5:48 PM
    If you've used company Resolver to submit your flight delay/cancellation claim to an airline, please let us know your feedback on the company's service below.

Resolver has a free online flight delay compensation claim system that will guide you through the process and let you know when and how to escalate automatically.

Thanks.
Page 17
    • phyllisgrant
    • By phyllisgrant 15th Sep 17, 1:05 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    phyllisgrant
    Resolver do not reply. They simply send your complaint to the company. If you don't get any joy from the company, you can then "escalate" your enquiry.
    What Resolver does is package up all the correspondence you have sent and received and then you can either send the "package" to the FOS with one of their complaint forms attached, or print the whole thing up and send it Recorded Delivery to the FOS.

This what I have done.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 21st Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    • 18,711 Posts
    • 9,969 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    I tried using Resolver starting November 2016 and have asked them to lookinto a complaint I had with Booking Dot Com regarding an apartment I had booked and paid for but never been able to access. I have sent messages asking for any updates regarding my case but the only replies i have had were to advertise their services. This is still ongoing and it does not fill me with hope for a resolution thorugh Resolver.
    I then sent a complaint about Resolver itself stating that I had not had any joy or even reply about my Booking dot com complaint and have surprisingly not heared anything about this.
    Originally posted by Clive999
    I know you posted this almost a month ago, but I wanted to point out that you don't appear to realise that Resolver does not offer a fully supported complaint resolution service.

Resolver is basically just an E-Mail template to aid you in making your own complaint.

The service does not undertake to represent you, nor will anyone at Resolver "look into" any complaints you might have made.

You really cannot complain about a free E-Mail service if you've simply received no response from the recipient.
    Nor is Resolver somehow liable if you've not since received updates about the status of your complaint(s)

Any additional complaint about the handling of your concerns should go to the recipient of the complaint, not Resolver. As such, I'm not surprised you heard nothing back from Resolver.

If you've not had a response from Booking.com, I recommend you write to them directly. Non receipt is always a risk when using a third party to complain in this manner.
    Last edited by Moneyineptitude; 21-09-2017 at 3:14 PM.
    • sethareli
    • By sethareli 27th Sep 17, 11:15 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sethareli
    Barclays Instant Refund!
    I used the resolver tool after receiving a PPI letter from Barclays - Seemingly very open and willing to advise me that I may have PPI to claim. The form took minutes to complete on line with very little detail - I had my account number and guessed 2007 being the year I took out PPI on my overdraft facility.

About 1 week later, Barclays got in touch. They then sent a letter explaining the process. THE NEXT DAY, £1011 arrived in my bank account!! I was amazed at how quickly it all happened. I figure they may have a level whereby they just pay rather than investigate, either way, they clearly believed my PPI was refundable.

I highly recommend giving it a try - I had very little info (or memory of my PPI!) but it worked with minimal effort. Don't be put off by thinking you can't recall much info on it.
    • ardb27
    • By ardb27 27th Sep 17, 4:14 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ardb27
    They are not coming back to me. I submitted a request in Aug 8th and the case keeps being escalated with no response. Pretty frustrating... my cancelled flight cost me almost 24 hrs in delays!
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 27th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    • 1,133 Posts
    • 550 Thanks
    Tyzap
    They are not coming back to me. I submitted a request in Aug 8th and the case keeps being escalated with no response. Pretty frustrating... my cancelled flight cost me almost 24 hrs in delays!
    Originally posted by ardb27
    Post your details here, there is always an alternative way forward.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • ardb27
    • By ardb27 27th Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ardb27
    What details do you need?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 2nd Oct 17, 12:07 PM
    • 3,255 Posts
    • 910 Thanks
    JPears
    Erm this forum is for Flight delays???
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • LynsHall
    • By LynsHall 4th Oct 17, 8:34 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LynsHall
    Does anyone know the average length of time for a compensation claim to be paid using Resolver? I've had confirmation from American Airlines that I'm eligible for compensation and I've filled out forms they requested with bank details etc but have had nothing since.
    • normandeguerre
    • By normandeguerre 6th Oct 17, 6:08 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    normandeguerre
    I'm in the process of making a claim against Easyjet for a cancelled flight.

First of all the reasons given (at the airport) clearly led me to believe I was due compensation. Since then Easyjet has changed their story (twice) but have never "officially" refused compensation and given me recourse to the ombudsman.

After several emails that have been ignored I have taken it up with Resolver. They have written back to say that they cannot find the booking and that I need to claim from them using their website (i.e. full circle, back to square one, merry-go-round).

Several times I have written back with the email and copied their original booking sent to me which proves the correct email but so far only (almost) automated responses saying they can find no booking under the given email. Plus the odd cheery "how did you rate our service" email.

Thanks to Resolver all this is being recorded and will be escalated. And this is even before they take a look at the case!

It looks like (bless 'em!) people are having better luck with Ryanair.

Has anybody had any positive outcome with Easyjet through Resolver?

If they had sent me the name of the ombudsman I would already have taken it further but I came across Resolver which I am quite happy with even if Easyjet won't work with/through it.
    • deke777
    • By deke777 7th Oct 17, 4:14 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    deke777
    GWR Complaint
    Well, 2 months have gone by, and the site Resolver recommended by Martin Lewis O>B>E> and my complaint has been totally ignored
    • selinek
    • By selinek 8th Oct 17, 10:43 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    selinek
    I used Resolver to complain re packed account. I read mixed reviews so I wasn’t expecting much. Using the tool took all the hassle out of the process of claiming. Within 2 weeks I received over 1100 quid. ��
    • seanelden123
    • By seanelden123 20th Oct 17, 12:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    seanelden123
    Talk talk complaint
    Hi guys, I used the resolver tool to complain about talk talk and wasn't very happy with their service. They initially didn't respond but then i escalated the case and they tried to phone me a few times. Then they text me saying please call us regarding the complaint within 28 days or the complaint will close. Called them back and they offered me a measly compensation which i declined. They said they will refer my case to the outbound team. My question is this. On the resolver tool it says i have another 7 days to wait before i can escalate my case to their CEO, should i escalate the case once the 7 days is up? or as they have spoken to me on the phone, should i wait for the outbound team to contact me. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Oct 17, 12:13 PM
    • 3,255 Posts
    • 910 Thanks
    JPears
    This board is for flight delays?

• derpodocus
    • By derpodocus 25th Oct 17, 7:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    derpodocus
    "What year you took out your policy" box
    Hi all,

I'm trying to use the resolver tool for a PPI claim and the latest date I can select for the field "what year you took out your policy" is 2010. My loan was taken out in 2014.

Am I being stupid or should there be additional years to select in the drop down list?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 25th Oct 17, 11:39 PM
    • 3,255 Posts
    • 910 Thanks
    JPears
    Who knows?
    This is a forum for flight delays.....

• Vauban
    • By Vauban 26th Oct 17, 10:06 AM
    • 4,707 Posts
    • 2,085 Thanks
    Vauban
    Who knows?
    This is a forum for flight delays.....
    Originally posted by JPears
    But in fairness if you are in the PPI section of the website, there's a link that says "click here to tell us if Resolver helped you claim PPI" - and that link leads right here ...
    • saralouwilson
    • By saralouwilson 29th Oct 17, 10:05 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    saralouwilson
    Resolver escalation
    I am using resolver to claim for a flight delay with BA. I escalated the case after the initial period when prompted to do so using the resolver tool to BA's CEO.
    A further 28 days has passed and Resolver emailed to say the case could be escalated again but its escalated it to the CEO again. Just seems to have gone round in a circle.
    It gives no indication of what to to after the first escalation time has elapsed.
    Should I now take up the case myself and if so how? Do I telephone BA?
    Was impressed with Resolver initially but now not so.
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 29th Oct 17, 10:15 AM
    • 4,707 Posts
    • 2,085 Thanks
    Vauban
    I am using resolver to claim for a flight delay with BA. I escalated the case after the initial period when prompted to do so using the resolver tool to BA's CEO.
    A further 28 days has passed and Resolver emailed to say the case could be escalated again but its escalated it to the CEO again. Just seems to have gone round in a circle.
    It gives no indication of what to to after the first escalation time has elapsed.
    Should I now take up the case myself and if so how? Do I telephone BA?
    Was impressed with Resolver initially but now not so.
    Originally posted by saralouwilson
    Why were you impressed with Resolver? It's just a letter writing tool, with the email contacts of the airlines. Nothing more than that, and nothing you couldn't do yourself. A number of airlines prefer that you write to them directly - or use their own online complaint system - so if Resolver hasn't worked with BA write to them directly.

Not sure if you can go directly to the ADR (which is CEDR in BA's case) - which is what I'd recommend you do next - unless you've written to BA first (Resolver may not count).
    • saralouwilson
    • By saralouwilson 29th Oct 17, 11:16 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    saralouwilson
    I've gone to BA direct now and copied details from Resolver into their customer service compensation form so I'll see if I get a reply from there before escalating with ADR/CEDR.
    • Janeywaney63
    • By Janeywaney63 30th Oct 17, 9:16 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Janeywaney63
    After seeing Martin talk about Resolver on This Morning on 4th September I finally decided to give claiming a go as I had nothing to lose. Last Monday I had a letter from HSBC to say they had paid £3000 into my account!!! Yay, Thank you so much Resolver and Martin!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,640Posts Today

6,711Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin