Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 10th Nov 14, 5:48 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    Feedback on Resolver.
    • 10th Nov 14, 5:48 PM
    Feedback on Resolver. 10th Nov 14 at 5:48 PM
    If you've used company Resolver to submit your flight delay/cancellation claim to an airline, please let us know your feedback on the company's service below.

Resolver has a free online flight delay compensation claim system that will guide you through the process and let you know when and how to escalate automatically.

Thanks.
Page 16
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 14th Aug 17, 10:37 AM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Great result but did you notice how BA lied to you by saying you were not on that flight. They know quite well you were on that flight as they have all the records. Shame on you BA
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Aug 17, 12:11 PM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    JPears
    I would write to CAA with a complaint about BA lying to you in the hope you would go away, avoiding payout.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Ian in Stansted
    • By Ian in Stansted 15th Aug 17, 5:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ian in Stansted
    I used Resolver and received initial feedback. I then escalated complaint through the complaint tool on the app.

I heard nothing and found out that Finnair had simply posted a response on their website after I phonef customer services.

I was under the impression that all correspondence would go through Resolver website which it didn't and Resolver were no longer receiving any responses from Finnair.

I am currently using Bott & Co as Finnair rejected claim and Resolver couldn't assist me any further in response to my email.
    • Norfolk_Jim
    • By Norfolk_Jim 18th Aug 17, 2:15 PM
    • 1,176 Posts
    • 1,109 Thanks
    Norfolk_Jim
    refund from Ryanair
    I was stuck in the airport for four hours and didnt get back to the early hours of the following day. I put in a claim through Resolver and 5 days later Ryanair informed me they accepted my claim and would be send me 500 Euro (for 2 travellers). Still to see the money but could always fall back on that oft suggested solicitors up North so whats to lose by trying Resolver?
    • Norfolk_Jim
    • By Norfolk_Jim 19th Aug 17, 9:07 AM
    • 1,176 Posts
    • 1,109 Thanks
    Norfolk_Jim
    I was stuck in the airport for four hours and didnt get back to the early hours of the following day. I put in a claim through Resolver and 5 days later Ryanair informed me they accepted my claim and would be send me 500 Euro (for 2 travellers). Still to see the money but could always fall back on that oft suggested solicitors up North so whats to lose by trying Resolver?
    Originally posted by Norfolk_Jim
    Cheque arrived this morning. Hard to believe anything to do with Ryanair could be resolved so quickly and easily
    • JPears
    • By JPears 19th Aug 17, 1:31 PM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    JPears
    That is pretty exceptional for any airline, let alone RA.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Clive999
    • By Clive999 26th Aug 17, 1:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Clive999
    Useless
    I tried using Resolver starting November 2016 and have asked them to lookinto a complaint I had with Booking Dot Com regarding an apartment I had booked and paid for but never been able to access. I have sent messages asking for any updates regarding my case but the only replies i have had were to advertise their services. This is still ongoing and it does not fill me with hope for a resolution thorugh Resolver.
    I then sent a complaint about Resolver itself stating that I had not had any joy or even reply about my Booking dot com complaint and have surprisingly not heared anything about this.
    • Ejog
    • By Ejog 30th Aug 17, 12:16 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ejog
    Can I make a suggestion to improve Resolver?
    It's a great idea, but I've found it quite difficult to use and I'm pretty comfortable with online systems etc.

I can't see who I've sent any emails to, so unless they respond (which they haven't), then I cant take the correspondence any further. I've used it to try and resolve a PPI case and having escalated the case to the financial ombudsman using a template email, I now don't seem to have any way to elaborate or follow it up.

I'm worried that using Resolver will end up being a hindrance rather than a help now, and hope it doesn't cost me any hope of winning my case.
    • phyllisgrant
    • By phyllisgrant 31st Aug 17, 8:54 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    phyllisgrant
    I'm in the same situation, Ejog. I escalated a complaint to the Ombudsman but I have no way of knowing if it has been sent to the FOS.

I know that Paratus, the company my complaint is about have received it but have no idea if I have to physically post the form to the Ombudsman.

I've emailed Resolver asking the question but haven't heard back.
    • Ejog
    • By Ejog 31st Aug 17, 9:05 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ejog
    I'm in the same situation, Ejog. I escalated a complaint to the Ombudsman but I have no way of knowing if it has been sent to the FOS.

I know that Paratus, the company my complaint is about have received it but have no idea if I have to physically post the form to the Ombudsman.

I've emailed Resolver asking the question but haven't heard back.
    Originally posted by phyllisgrant
    It feels as though it was built by someone who already knew exactly what to do, rather than built FOR people who needed to be led through the process. I think I'm going to write hard copies and post them, just for peace of mind.
    • phyllisgrant
    • By phyllisgrant 31st Aug 17, 10:10 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    phyllisgrant
    Me too, Ejog.
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 31st Aug 17, 10:23 PM
    • 4,674 Posts
    • 2,071 Thanks
    Vauban
    Me too, Ejog.
    Originally posted by phyllisgrant
    You know you guys are posting on the Flight Delays forum, right?
    • Ejog
    • By Ejog 31st Aug 17, 11:24 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ejog
    Originally posted by Vauban
    I realised that just after my first post, but the software is the same so I'm assuming it's just as clunky whatever it's "resolving"
    • phyllisgrant
    • By phyllisgrant 1st Sep 17, 11:34 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    phyllisgrant
    I realised that just after my first post, but the software is the same so I'm assuming it's just as clunky whatever it's "resolving"
    Originally posted by Ejog
    I realised that, but when I put "Resolver" into the search box, this was the only thread that came up.
    • phyllisgrant
    • By phyllisgrant 1st Sep 17, 11:39 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    phyllisgrant
    Originally posted by Vauban
    I realised that, but when I put "Resolver" into the search box, this was the only thread that came up
    • vivridge
    • By vivridge 3rd Sep 17, 3:31 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    vivridge
    I used resolver to claim for a delayed Norwegian Air flight, initial contact made on 25th July, Response was within 2 days confirming liability then I heard nothing for weeks despite escalating my claim. I emailed direct to the Customer svs manager (not through the resolver account) to ask why I was being ignored and giving 14 days Notice of action and received a bank transfer within a week. All paid up from start to finish 25th July to 31st August.
    • wineteach
    • By wineteach 11th Sep 17, 10:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    wineteach
    Was delayed on Ryanair 20th August and started a claim via resolver at the beginning of September. Have received my cheque from Ryanair last week. Very pleased. The Resolver tool generated a legal looking letter from the information it requested and bingo, didn't need to escalate. Also kudos to Ryanair for their prompt action.
    • Jonormajo
    • By Jonormajo 12th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jonormajo
    Jo
    Mine is,nt about flight delay I,m afraid. Mines ppi on a mortgage I paid off in 2002

The building society says it can't help me because it,s over six years is this right.
    • bagpuss38
    • By bagpuss38 13th Sep 17, 11:46 PM
    • 604 Posts
    • 3,543 Thanks
    bagpuss38
    Used resolver to claim ppi on old credit card. Didn't have much info and didn't hold out much hope.
    However 10 days later have revived a letter to say I'm owed £535.
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11
    Very BNPL - £353.00
    • morganron
    • By morganron 15th Sep 17, 12:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    morganron
    what happens now ?
    i sent my Resolver PPi claims this week do Resolver reply or did you get a letter fom the company you complained about ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,667Posts Today

6,041Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin