Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 10th Nov 14, 5:48 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    Feedback on Resolver.
    • 10th Nov 14, 5:48 PM
    Feedback on Resolver. 10th Nov 14 at 5:48 PM
    If you've used company Resolver to submit your flight delay/cancellation claim to an airline, please let us know your feedback on the company's service below.

Resolver has a free online flight delay compensation claim system that will guide you through the process and let you know when and how to escalate automatically.

Thanks.
Page 13
    • grabling
    • By grabling 15th Sep 16, 12:57 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    grabling
    PayPal Issued Resolved
    Just wanted to say that Resolver is brilliant.

My grandson had an issue with PayPal and I suggested he use Resolver to submit his complaint, he'd sent a letter 2 weeks previously but received no reply. Within 24 hours of submitting the complaint via Resolver he was contacted by PayPal and the issue was cleared up to his satisfaction. It's also a very easy system to use and the ability to add notes re phone calls etc provides excellent tracking.

FYI, do not ever sell goods where delivery cannot be tracked, in this case an Instagram account, and accept payment via PayPal, as they will not protect you should the buyer claim non-receipt (even when the payment was made in 2 parts with the second payment following handover and verification of the online account).
    • RaceOrganiser
    • By RaceOrganiser 17th Sep 16, 7:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RaceOrganiser
    Mis-sold bank account
    I used Resolver to claim for a mis-sold Barclays bank account, dating back to 2000. After submitting the claim, Barclays contacted me within a day, telling me my claim was being processed. After answering a few more questions, they agreed that I had been mis-sold the account and compensated me by over £2000. The whole process took less than 2 weeks.

Very impressed with both Resolver and the prompt response by Barclays.
    • ianG
    • By ianG 20th Sep 16, 12:52 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ianG
    Strange website behaviour?
    I registered and then filled in a claim against easyjet today. As I wanted to double check things I did not click 'send' or whatever the button is called at the point where you fill in the case details. I then uploaded copies of bills I had to pay and then for some reason I cannot get back to my case file entry.

The question is has it been sent to easyjet? There is a request in with 'Resolve' but looking at these comments it seems that this route to get things done is not always reliable.

Anyone else had this issue please?

Thanks
    • Fudgington
    • By Fudgington 20th Sep 16, 4:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Fudgington
    Doesn't work with BA
    I submitted a claim to BA through Resolver for a cancelled flight and subsequent delayed flight on 15 August 2016, and have since heard nothing, only to be told today by Fran Geer Dawe:

"I am very sorry for the inconvenience, but we are experiencing communication issues with your case file. This is potentially down to a recent change in attitude from British Airways concerning complaints made through Resolver. We are working hard to get to the bottom of what is going on...However, at this time, in order to ensure BA consider your complaint, we are advising all users that have raised a case to also fill in their contact form."

This in effect means I have to re-submit the claim all over again and I have wasted time. I think a warning should now be posted on MSE that Resolver is unlikely to be effective for claims made to BA. I shall be handling it myself from now on.
    • ianG
    • By ianG 20th Sep 16, 4:39 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ianG
    Many thanks for that response. I have a hard copy of the case so it can be reused if my request has got lost somewhere along the line. Quite a lot of money is involved with extra plane tickets for three and expensive taxi rides in Italy.

I will respond here if I receive any reply from Resolver (or even if not!).
    • ianG
    • By ianG 24th Sep 16, 2:06 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ianG
    Resolver fails on easyJet
    Well, I did get a response from Resolver and they admitted that easyJet do not recognise them (Resolver) as a valid submission handler. So all in all it was a complete waste of time.

My other gripe, even if it worked, is that you do not have an exact copy of what was sent to the organisation (as far as I can tell as I created a second complaint to see what is sent before the 'send' button is clicked) you are complaining to. Also, there is no indication in your case file as to what state is it is. Is it submitted for example?

Good luck to those that have had success, but with several hundreds of pounds involved I like to be in control of everything.
    • gravattt
    • By gravattt 26th Sep 16, 12:28 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gravattt
    I am at the end of my tether
    I have really reached the end of my tether, and the end of the resolver process without any success in sorting things out.
    Back in May British Airways charged us £2199 TWICE instead of once, for four flights to New York. It took us 3 months of emails, endless hours on hold waiting to get through to customer service, letters, escalations, to eventually get the double charge amount of £2199 back.
    But we found the experience so stressful and the service so so dreadful we cannot face going through with the flights and on 21st August cancelled the whole trip.
    They have still not returned the original £2199. Everything fails. Even resolver got all the way to Chief Executive and stil lnothing has happened. We have not heard from BA once in that time, and I cant telll you the distress this is causing my husband and I .
    I wanted to post something on the forum, as to be honest I really need help and feel we have nowhere left to go? but I cant find anything remotely related, other than this thread, although I suspect its not right.
    Is there anything at all as forum team you can suggest we do, either in terms of asking the forum for ideas, or otherwise?
    Sorry if I am wasting your time, but as I said above, we are at the end of our tehther.

Catriona Gravatt
    • karen2612
    • By karen2612 26th Sep 16, 2:59 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    karen2612
    Got £672.40 back from Thomson
    After a 23 hour delay on a flight from Malaga to Manchester to June this year, I started proceedings for compensation through Resolver. Despite having read that Thomson don't pay out.

I didn't get anything back from Thomson apart from confirmation of receipt of my emails. I continued on to CEDR for them to resolve. They agreed I had a case and after 14 days Thomson paid out £672.40.

I hope this encourages people to complain, at the end of the day I feel as a matter of principle and because of the stress the delay caused I am totally due this compensation. Resolver makes this easy to do
    Thanks Resolver!!!
    • Marksfish
    • By Marksfish 27th Sep 16, 6:33 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Marksfish
    I didn't get anything back from Thomson apart from confirmation of receipt of my emails. I continued on to CEDR for them to resolve. They agreed I had a case and after 14 days Thomson paid out
    Originally posted by karen2612
    Same as me, with the exception that I received a response from CEDR that they do not accept submissions from Resolver, but you can upload the case file to them.
    • woodsey1982
    • By woodsey1982 28th Sep 16, 11:46 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    woodsey1982
    Hi, I was subject to a delay of over 5 hours on a recent trip and submitted a claim through Resolver on 07/09/2016.

Having received no reply in two weeks, or confirmation that Thomson had acknowledged my claim, I sent a another request via resolver on 21/09/2016.

A further week has passed and I'm now willing to take this forwards personally following Vauban's Guide rather than via Resolver ( part of the reason is I'm not sure if my requests are even reaching Thomson ).

If I wanted to continue myself, do I need to cancel the claim via resolver or am I ok to leave it open for now?
    • Slow Orla
    • By Slow Orla 28th Sep 16, 2:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Slow Orla
    I've used resolver. It was very quick and easy to use and it resulted with me getting compesation within 6 weeks of first logging my query.
    It was a great service and I have recommended it to other people who have also had the misfortune of a cancelled flight.
    Thanks MSE & Resolver.
    • tomf
    • By tomf 29th Sep 16, 2:18 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tomf
    Same as me, with the exception that I received a response from CEDR that they do not accept submissions from Resolver, but you can upload the case file to them.
    Originally posted by Marksfish
    Was this the resolver case file you uploaded or your own? having the same issues here.
    • Marksfish
    • By Marksfish 29th Sep 16, 2:24 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Marksfish
    I had to register with CEDR and upload my Resolver file. They will accept that at proof of contact with the operator, but won't accept submissions direct from Resolver. Very strange....
    • lazar1980
    • By lazar1980 1st Oct 16, 3:48 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    lazar1980
    Did all stages with Resolver for delayed Ryanair flight from Kerry to Stanstead.

No response from Ryanair...
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 1st Oct 16, 5:15 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 320 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Download Vaubans guide read and send them a letter before action.
    • Janlloyd
    • By Janlloyd 15th Oct 16, 9:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Janlloyd
    I had a 6hr delay from Tampa to Gatwick on the 21st September this year.
    I used resolver to email BA 2 days later. I heard nothing then escalated the case 10 days later.
    I received a reply from BA last Monday to say that they are at fault and received a cheque yesterday for £2160!!
    I can't thank resolver enough. It was so easy. I doubt it would have been so easy had I gone it alone..:
    • ibizafan
    • By ibizafan 24th Oct 16, 4:35 PM
    • 561 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    ibizafan
    We have just been informed by BA that we are getting the sterling equivalent of 600 euros for a three hour delay on September 5th on a flight from LHR to Denver. Very pleased with the result and Resolver.
    • jansel
    • By jansel 26th Oct 16, 11:14 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jansel
    We were delayed by 2 hours taking off from London Heathrow to SanDiego via Chicago, last October on United Airlines. As a result, we missed our connecting flight and although we were booked on onward flights by United, it meant that we arrived in San Diego approx. 8 hours late. Incidentally, we were taking a cruise from San Diego and it was just as well that we planned to arrive day before the cruise or we would have missed it due to the delayed flight!
    On our return, I used Resolver to lodge a claim to United. They replied denying liability but offered $100 voucher as a 'gesture of goodwill' for the inconvenience. I rejected this and demanded compensation in accordance with the EU directive. This was rejected and I escalated all the way to the Director of Customer Services through Resolver. But received no further reply. Perhaps they were hoping that I will go away. I then contacted CAA who advised me that the information doesn't automatically transfer from Resolver to CAA's system so they didn't know about my claim and advised me to manually enter all the details again directly onto their online system which I did. About 3 weeks later, I received an email from United's US office advising me that they will pay me compensation of 600 Euros per passenger (a total of approx. £1500) as per the EU directive.
    This whole process took from February - September = approx. 7 months. But, the moral of the story is that don't be fobbed off by the airlines and if you persevere, you may be successful no matter however long it takes. I was particularly incensed by their attitude which made me even more determined.
    • VandaPT
    • By VandaPT 5th Nov 16, 12:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    VandaPT
    Used Resolver for delay to flight, Was absoloutly excellent, cant recommend it enough, received 600 Euros
    for each of my family after a 4 hour delay. Just followed their instructions . Would definately recommend.
    • zaffi
    • By zaffi 10th Nov 16, 1:51 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    zaffi
    Flight delay of 6 hours with Ryanair from Brussels to Edinburgh in December of 2013. Technical fault with another plane meant ours was rerouted to Romania.

Raised a Resolver case in April of this year at no point received any reply from Ryanair so kept escalating via Resolver as far as I could, all the way to the Belgian Civil Aviation Authority.

They requested documentation and completion of an online form and said they'd get back to me in 4-6 months, this was in June.

Yesterday got a response from them telling me Ryanair are paying us €500.

It took a while but it seems to have worked!

cheers,
    zaf.
    Last edited by zaffi; 14-11-2016 at 11:24 AM.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,345Posts Today

7,862Users online

Martin's Twitter