Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 6th Nov 14, 4:53 PM
    • 8,343Posts
    • 46,757Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!
    • 6th Nov 14, 4:53 PM
    Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!! 6th Nov 14 at 4:53 PM
    This is my 2nd diary on MSE. My first diary, "When I asked for luck I didn't mean the bad variety!!" has to be closed as it's reached over 5000 posts!! It can be found here;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3911061

In 2011 my Husband had a motorcycle accident resulting in a severe brain injury, memory problems and Epilepsy. Unfortunately he is getting worse not better and I am now his full time Carer, which can be challenging, but I'm ever grateful he is still here! I also have 2 boys aged 10 and almost 5, a part time job and I'm currently a Beaver Leader but I've just given notice to leave at Christmas (as much as it pains me!) as I just can't manage that too. The last 3.5 years have been hard going for lots of reasons, but worth it. Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day!!

At the time of the accident we owed over £23,700 on credit cards and we currently owe just over £3000. Hopefully this diary will see us getting debt free forever! I hope you'll join me.

Lucky Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in November 2/5
    Lbs lost 14.5/107.
Page 3
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Nov 14, 9:43 PM
    • 48,510 Posts
    • 178,578 Thanks
    beanielou
    £1 million for actual advert
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 10th Nov 14, 9:49 PM
    • 8,343 Posts
    • 46,757 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Today we received our copy of the letter DH's Consultant sent his GP re the new medication, so I rang the surgery to request a prescription but they hadn't got their letter yet . I will ring again tomorrow and if they still don't have it I will take them my copy. DH is desperate to get started on it in the hope it controls the seizures better.

Today has been spend free as I said in the last post, and I still haven't needed to put diesel in the car. Normally I put £30 worth of fuel in on a Saturday, but with staying put over the weekend we still have a bit left. Don't think I'll make it until this saturday, but it would be nice to think I could save a weeks worth of money and put it towards debt or Christmas! Will see how I go.

The lady from the Carer's Centre also rang to book me in for a follow up appointment. I did make an appointment with her for next week, but I also told her that I didn't think I qualified for the Carer's fund as my GP surgery wasn't listed in the 'your GP must appear in this list' section. She said if that was the case I wouldn't qualify for the local fund but I could apply to the National Fund and she'd help me with that .

Finally, Beavers went fine tonight, but GSL asked my assistant to 'run things for a while' but I'd still be the official leader. I give up!!

Lbs lost 14.5/107.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Nov 14, 10:00 PM
    • 48,510 Posts
    • 178,578 Thanks
    beanielou
    No, you will not be the official leader

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • liltdiddylilt
    • By liltdiddylilt 10th Nov 14, 11:58 PM
    • 4,035 Posts
    • 28,339 Thanks
    liltdiddylilt
    Your GSL is certainly determined to ignore things. If I was you I would email him a suitably shocking and rude email and tell him to take a hike. But I know you won't do that to the kids. Y'know, after you walk after Christmas, you don't have to reply to emails, or answer calls or messages. Let him continue with his delusions and be completely scuppered when the 'helper' jumps ship at all the work!

Quiet weekend is sometimes needed. My nephew spends every weekend out either at Rugby, training, or off visiting places and people. Invariably he turns up to see me looking exhausted, flops onto the sofa and I see countless pics of him fast asleep on the sofa at my sisters. So just think of it as R&R for your boys after all the usual frenetic activity. There are bound to be some weekends where the weather is so poor you can't do anything

Hugs!
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
    • Bubblesmum
    • By Bubblesmum 11th Nov 14, 2:32 PM
    • 1,056 Posts
    • 6,128 Thanks
    Bubblesmum
    I am getting really cross with your Group Leader .

What role model is he giving the rest of his team and young people that he doesn't accept that family and your health comes first.

Do you know the person who is above him, so you could have a quiet word, voicing your concerns.

I don't think you are going to achieve what you need to do with him. Either as the others said, just walk away at the end of term, or as perhaps I would do, write a letter stating my regret etc due to life etc that your Group leader is struggling to accept this and send it to the County leader

For your peace of mind you need to draw a happy line under this.

Take Care

Mrs B
    Mrs B Debt £1857 @ 13/06/2017, £1790 16/06/2017
    • StressedSteph
    • By StressedSteph 11th Nov 14, 3:12 PM
    • 2,807 Posts
    • 10,875 Thanks
    StressedSteph
    Hi PLMBL

I found you . Lovely fresh new diary and great title.

With only 3k of debt left to kill this diary is going to be a good one. .

Can't believe the GSL inferred you leaving Beavers was only temporary . As Lilt said, once you leave in December, you can just disappear and not reply to emails etc. It will be a lot easier. Its up to them if they want to fool themselves into thinking you are not serious.

Anyway, I am subscribed and will be following your new diary avidlyxxx
    OOverdraft £594 / Very £587 / Bank of Scot - £1535 /
    Lloyds cc - £2679 / Barclay cc £2994 / MBNA £5596
    September 2017 = £13985
    • Brightspark87
    • By Brightspark87 11th Nov 14, 4:16 PM
    • 1,405 Posts
    • 3,766 Thanks
    Brightspark87
    Hi Lucky made it to your new diary woohoo!! Congrats on it.

Firstly, tell that leader to leave you alone. secondly well done on the epic quiet weekend - sometimes its so necessary...

Take carex
    Sealed Pot Challenge 373 - Target £300- Total £56.78
    married in 2014
    Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014

Debt Free July 2016
    • October Starter
    • By October Starter 11th Nov 14, 6:47 PM
    • 653 Posts
    • 3,091 Thanks
    October Starter
    No, you will not be the official leader
    Originally posted by beanielou

Agreed!!! Grrrr hate people like that. Sooo selfish!!

October xx
    Loan: 6100.00 4542.08 ~~ Credit Card: 4231.82 #20 Emergency Fund: £249.96/£1000 25%!
    LBM 1: (20.08.14) -£5000.00 LBM 2: (25.07.17) -£9750.00 October Goals NSDs: 0/10, Ibs Lost: 0/10, Xtr Income: £0/£50
    • Dolphin1
    • By Dolphin1 11th Nov 14, 9:08 PM
    • 699 Posts
    • 2,409 Thanks
    Dolphin1
    Finally, Beavers went fine tonight, but GSL asked my assistant to 'run things for a while' but I'd still be the official leader. I give up!!
    Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky
    Unbelieveable!
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 11th Nov 14, 9:24 PM
    • 8,343 Posts
    • 46,757 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Thanks everyone for all your support, and welcome to my new home 'old' friends!

I'm a happy girlie tonight as I've lost 4lbs at chub club . Head is back in the game and 2 stone 8lbs lost in total . I might well get my 3 stone award for Christmas yet!

DH and his paramedic mate went out for a cycle ride this morning so I pottered doing ironing etc and just enjoyed the peace. It's not often I'm totally alone! I then went to Mr T's as we had no milk or toothpaste left, making use of the £5 off a £40 spend voucher I had by stocking up on things on special offer that will keep (toothpaste/conditioner/pop/tins etc), and I got a couple of Christmas presents too. This afternoon I had a parents meeting at DS2's school re maths and literacy, followed by DS2 getting his hair cut. I haven't stopped all day!

The GP surgery had the letter this morning so we can collect the new meds tomorrow .

Bumped into someone today who was pregnant at the same time as I lost the twins. The rush of emotions I felt about that took me by surprise and I've felt a little bit down since .
    Last edited by please-let-me-be-lucky; 11-11-2014 at 9:52 PM.

Lbs lost 14.5/107.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Nov 14, 9:32 PM
    • 48,510 Posts
    • 178,578 Thanks
    beanielou
    Take care of you xx

• liltdiddylilt
    • By liltdiddylilt 11th Nov 14, 9:33 PM
    • 4,035 Posts
    • 28,339 Thanks
    liltdiddylilt
    Aww love.

So many ups and downs in a day, I don't know how you cope.

Brilliant news on the 4lb loss! Well done, and I am sure with a bit of encouragement you will get there no problem by Christmas!

Yay for real alone time where you are not on red alert! I like when DH goes off with paramedic friend

DS2's report good? Fingers, toes and eyes crossed that DH's new medication helps and does not have too many side effects other than the one you really want!

I am very sorry for the feelings that rush back hun. It isn't easy and no one can truly understand that wrench in your gut. I found a scan pic the other day and it knocked a hole in my side for a couple of days. Just take care of yourself. Big snoggers and snuggles from me and Jelly.

Also... are you wishing November away a little bit? Magical thought. In less than 3 weeks it will be under £3k!! xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 11th Nov 14, 10:23 PM
    • 8,343 Posts
    • 46,757 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Thank you ladies . Sometimes I feel guilty because I 'forget' about my 4 angel babies, but I never really forget if that makes sense?!

Lilt, hugs for you too. I'm sorry you know how it feels too Xx

The meeting at school today was for all the parents together and was a 'things you can do to help your child's learning' presentation. This is the year they really grow up and change from big toddlers to children who can read and write. It's both cute and sad at the same time, they grow up far too fast!

I also like it when DH goes out with paramedic mate! This might seem awful but I hardly give him a second thought while he's out because I know if the worst happens and he has a seizure he's in good hands.

And yes, can't wait to be sub £3k . Just got to get through Christmas as cheaply as possible so I can continue to clear it! I love Christmas though and don't begrudge it at all.

Lbs lost 14.5/107.
    • Brightspark87
    • By Brightspark87 12th Nov 14, 9:19 AM
    • 1,405 Posts
    • 3,766 Thanks
    Brightspark87
    You will not forget your 4 angels, and well done on getting through the meeting. Its something that is tough, but well done on dealing with it.

I had a very early miscarriage, and then found out my closest school friend was pregnant and we would have had babies together. I am very happy for her and I know its wouldnt be the right time for us but I am sad sometimes when I see her beautiful little girl.

Love x
    Sealed Pot Challenge 373 - Target £300- Total £56.78
    married in 2014
    Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014

Debt Free July 2016
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 12th Nov 14, 4:21 PM
    • 8,343 Posts
    • 46,757 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Love back to you Sparky and I'm sorry again for your loss Xx

This morning DH and I went to the gym. I mixed up my work out as I tend to do the same routine and I'm absolutely poleaxed now!! Gutted to hear that the girl who does clubbercise has broken her foot and will be out of action until the New Year though!!! Waiting to hear if anyone will be taking over the class. I've only been one week and I've jinxed the poor girl already .

Collected DH's meds on the way back from the gym so he will start those tonight. Also had to cave and put diesel in the car but 5 days late isn't bad. Probably £20 saved .

Lbs lost 14.5/107.
    • Bubblesmum
    • By Bubblesmum 12th Nov 14, 6:04 PM
    • 1,056 Posts
    • 6,128 Thanks
    Bubblesmum
    Sending you hugs, tea and cake

( its a WW recipe so not too harmful)
    Mrs B Debt £1857 @ 13/06/2017, £1790 16/06/2017
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 12th Nov 14, 8:58 PM
    • 4,547 Posts
    • 26,598 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Just catching up with the Lucky household (after first of all going to the old diary and wondering why all was quiet!). Well done on the weight loss, you'll easily get your 3 stone award by Xmas. Plus you'll be sub £3k!! Looking good What have you done to the poor Clubbersize lady
    Virtual Sealed Pot £671.22
    November NSD 5/12
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 12th Nov 14, 9:08 PM
    • 8,343 Posts
    • 46,757 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Mmmmmm cake . Thanks BM!

SA, I think some of my carp luck must have rubbed off on the clubbercise girl . I probably jinxed her glowsticks .

Lbs lost 14.5/107.
    • grannyx2
    • By grannyx2 13th Nov 14, 1:34 AM
    • 3,434 Posts
    • 15,492 Thanks
    grannyx2
    I've finally arrived, sorry I'm late but I come bearing gifts.

Happy new diary, here's to a good year x

Granny x
    Last edited by grannyx2; 13-11-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    Targets end 2016 £15/£2,548; kg/25kg

LBM - July 11 - £56,962 Mar 16 - £27,533
    Paid off 52% DFD July 2024 June 2022 Nov Feb 2021 Who knows!
    . Weight loss 4 stone 2.4lbs Loving my kitty cat
    • satchmo1
    • By satchmo1 13th Nov 14, 8:16 AM
    • 1,886 Posts
    • 12,324 Thanks
    satchmo1
    Hey Lucky, well you had no luck shaking your fans off completely, although it took me a couple of days to find you... here's Satchmo (mwahhaha). Don't think you can slip under the radar with the Beaver leadership, we're watching you!

Well done on the 4lb loss. Hope DH benefits from the new meds. My exDH has finally been granted "support group" so no more signing on, and he'll even get an increase in benefits. I had to sub him his car insurance this year.

Hugs x
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

154Posts Today

1,694Users online

Martin's Twitter